d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > A New Gop Nominee Not Named Desantis
Prev1345
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,400.67
Feb 6 2023 04:06pm
Quote (fender @ 6 Feb 2023 15:40)
of course not. he doesn't claim that systemic racism simply doesn't exist, or that teaching honest history (including the ugly parts) is "un-american". amazing how you completely whoooshed that whole post...
if he starts telling people that it's unacceptable to go by anything but the name on their birth certificate, when he tells other politicians they shouldn't go by a name that might appeal to their potential voters, THEN i see an issue with it. amazing that you thought you had a point there, lol.

she could call herself princess peach for all i care, that's not the problem here. the thing is that SHE most definitely understands that going by nikki rather than nimrata certainly made a lot of things much easier for her, ESPECIALLY considering which party she belongs to - but still she pretends like that's not an issue in america, because her voters either believe that or at the least want to pretend it's true. do you deny that?

So because Robert Francis O'Rourke claims that there is systemic racism in America, that's suddenly an excuse for him blatantly race-pandering to his latino-heavy voter base by going under the moniker "Beto"? What O'Rourke is doing here is implicitly assuming that his prospective voter base harbors racist prejudices and explicitly trying to exploit his own voters' "racism" for electoral benefit. What a brave fighter against racism and for equity he is. :rofl:

Regarding Haley: as others have pointed out, the first name "Nikki" is actually common in India too, so you have no proof that she decided to go by her middle name out of political calculus. In fact, USA Today (about as centrist a news outlet as you can find these days) once reported that she went by "Nikki" since her earliest days:
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/05/05/fact-check-haley-didnt-white-wash-her-name-nikki-punjabi/4928061001/

You're literally fabricating a nefarious, racist motive out of thin air, contrary to all evidence and logic.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Feb 6 2023 04:06pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Feb 6 2023 06:08pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 6 Feb 2023 23:06)
So because Robert Francis O'Rourke claims that there is systemic racism in America, that's suddenly an excuse for him blatantly race-pandering to his latino-heavy voter base by going under the moniker "Beto"? What O'Rourke is doing here is implicitly assuming that his prospective voter base harbors racist prejudices and explicitly trying to exploit his own voters' "racism" for electoral benefit. What a brave fighter against racism and for equity he is. :rofl:

Regarding Haley: as others have pointed out, the first name "Nikki" is actually common in India too, so you have no proof that she decided to go by her middle name out of political calculus. In fact, USA Today (about as centrist a news outlet as you can find these days) once reported that she went by "Nikki" since her earliest days:
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/05/05/fact-check-haley-didnt-white-wash-her-name-nikki-punjabi/4928061001/

You're literally fabricating a nefarious, racist motive out of thin air, contrary to all evidence and logic.

speak about fabricating. nice story about beto there, but again, i couldn't care less.

i also couldn't help but notice how you dodged the core issue. do you deny that going by nikki rather than nimrata made things easier for her? do you reject the well documented fact that there is a bias against foreign / black / non-white sounding names in all kinds of situations, something "nikki" publicly claims doesn't exist? do you agree with her that teaching honest history regarding slavery, the native american genocide, and other dark chapters of america's past and present is "un-american"? a particularly interesting question from a german perspective. would you have preferred not to learn about the holocaust and the world wars, germany's colonial history, and things like that?
Gold: 57.00
Feb 6 2023 06:18pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (Melatonina @ 6 Feb 2023 10:13)
do you deny germany war crimes, mr Von Goebbels ?

he doubled down on that racist post of his, demanding brown women go by the names people like him deem appropriate. what a total subhuman drain on society lmfao, pathetic..

then again, given his history, we shouldn't be surprised:

Quote (fender @ 12 Dec 2016 09:11)
FFS WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! STOP PLAYING STUPID, I'VE EXPLAINED IT MULTIPLE TIMES NOW!
YOU'RE NOT A BIGOT FOR POINTING OUT PROBLEMS OR HAVING A DIFFERENT OPINION, YOU'RE A BIGOT FOR MAKING BIGOTED STATEMENTS!

Quote (fender @ 23 Nov 2016 16:55)
otamendi... looks like de bruyne's pathetic card waving in the 1st half payed off already... what a bunch of faggots...

Quote (fender @ 23 Nov 2016 18:36)
if you're talking to me, i used the term "faggot" to refer to players who put on a show for the ref

Quote (fender @ 4 Feb 2017 16:15)
call me heinrich, nazi, bigot, homophobe, anti-turk

Quote (fender @ 18 Feb 2018 10:59)
as a matter of fact, these days WE are being invaded by polaks searching for mostly unskilled manual labour here.

Quote (fender @ 25 Oct 2017 11:21)
"edgy" white trash teenager

Quote (fender @ 27 Oct 2019 13:39)
you have been raped for wearing that skirt, because you didn't take self-defense classes, and because you belong to a gender that enables others to physically overpower you.

Fender's opinions of minorities on d2jsp
Quote (fender @ 25 May 2017 19:26)
brainwashed monkeys, haha...

Quote (fender @ 4 Oct 2017 19:10)
brown ppl are just lazy and want everything done for them

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Feb 6 2023 06:42pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

omg, the paedophile is mad again, spreading lies and fake quotes in order to derail the discussion. other members of the butthurt fanclub joining the circle jerk in 3... 2... 1... GET DOWN, EVERYONE!
Gold: 57.00
Feb 6 2023 07:20pm

*LAUGH OUT LOUD*
Gold: 5,016.77
Feb 6 2023 07:33pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Feb 4 2023 01:24pm)
I didn't even realize that was what you were getting at.

Is it always wrong to climb ladders? Perhaps if you think living in a monastery of as a hermit is the only viable moral path. But I think of it as amoral behavior absent egregious circumstances.

This response is confusing to me. First you imply that the only way not to "climb ladders" is to be a hermit in a monastery, which kind of implies that anyone in the real world is faced with moral choices that require some bending of moral rules. Fair enough, sometimes we have to look the other way on things or make some moral compromise to get through a moment, or day, or whatever. But then you go on to define "ladder climbing" as amoral behavior absent egregious circumstances. Which is pretty much what I defined it as. And I'm left wondering why you're confused that I'm questioning why you said there's "nothing wrong with that".

Do you think morality and ethics only matter in certain areas of life, or what? I don't get it.

This post was edited by IceMage on Feb 6 2023 07:34pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1345
Closed New Topic New Poll