d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Love Him Or Hate Him, Interesting Points
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,677.00
Jan 31 2023 06:58pm
Gold: 8,013.34
Feb 1 2023 01:50pm
:thumbsup:
Gold: 8,313.69
Feb 1 2023 06:28pm
hate it or love it the underdogs on top
Feb 1 2023 06:34pm
cooldowns are lame as shit tho hes right, so boring just rotating thru all the skills based off cooldowns
Gold: Locked
Feb 1 2023 08:11pm
The battle pass only exists so your characters after #1 can level faster.

He's right, cooldowns do suck. It's why Blizz/Orb/Firewall sorcs and FOH dins and magezons are so stupid and nobody likes them.

The rest of it.. he's just telling us how we should spend money.

The only thing I fully agree with is that the menus are not themed well.
Feb 1 2023 09:41pm
Quote (musclemagic @ Feb 1 2023 06:11pm)
The battle pass only exists so your characters after #1 can level faster.

He's right, ^thugnificent69 cooldowns do suck. It's why Blizz/Orb/Firewall sorcs and FOH dins and magezons are so stupid and nobody likes them.

The rest of it.. he's just telling us how we should spend money.

The only thing I fully agree with is that the menus are not themed well.

d2 has a few skills on cooldown, which are not long cooldowns at all

d4 follw the same recipe most new arpgs do, have 4-5 skills, each with a differnt cooldown and you just spam them based on how long the cooldown is. having a few powerful skills with a cooldown is a non issue, d2 does it right. spam glacial or ice bolt in between blizzard, foh and orb cooldown is so short its a non issue, spam fireball while waiting for fire wall etc. nothing wrong with that... but when 90% of the skills available to a class are on cooldown and you are just meant to rotate thru them for me personally, im not a fan

im a god damn adult if i want to cast the same skill 10 times in a row let me !!!

also i much prefer having potions for mana and health instead of picking up orbs on the ground to heal or having a shitty skill that replenishes your mana or whatever the game decides to call it and the rest of the skills spend it.

dont get me wrong ill still play d4 to try the campaign and stuff and a few online chars. but its pretty clear the game caters to the diablo 3 crew more so than diablo 2

This post was edited by THUGNiFiCENT69 on Feb 1 2023 09:42pm
Gold: Locked
Feb 2 2023 12:33am
Quote (THUGNiFiCENT69 @ Feb 1 2023 07:41pm)
d2 has a few skills on cooldown, which are not long cooldowns at all

d4 follw the same recipe most new arpgs do, have 4-5 skills, each with a differnt cooldown and you just spam them based on how long the cooldown is. having a few powerful skills with a cooldown is a non issue, d2 does it right. spam glacial or ice bolt in between blizzard, foh and orb cooldown is so short its a non issue, spam fireball while waiting for fire wall etc. nothing wrong with that... but when 90% of the skills available to a class are on cooldown and you are just meant to rotate thru them for me personally, im not a fan

im a god damn adult if i want to cast the same skill 10 times in a row let me !!!

also i much prefer having potions for mana and health instead of picking up orbs on the ground to heal or having a shitty skill that replenishes your mana or whatever the game decides to call it and the rest of the skills spend it.

dont get me wrong ill still play d4 to try the campaign and stuff and a few online chars. but its pretty clear the game caters to the diablo 3 crew more so than diablo 2

There were a few abilities you'd use on cooldown but most were better to use situationally. If they designed it to use a lot of resource as a cooldown instead of as an actual cooldown it wouldn't have as much impact to me.

In pvp especially, you don't want to waste a CD just to have it countered. Knowing your opponents cooldown timers and countering everything is reminiscent of WOW arena style pvp and it's a lot of fun if you want to get really competitive. D2 pvp is great for what it is, a math test, but the skill cap is absurdly low.

I feel super strongly that D4 follows D2 a lot more than D3. The potion system is more like D2, you just auto pick them up. The resource system is a bit more like D2 also, in that at later levels you basically have infinite resources on all classes. In D3 you're just given artificial diversity where you generate and dump, generate and dump, but D4 choices feel a lot more like D2 once you've got a nearly maxed out char.
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll