d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Abominations Ordered By God For Your Good
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2,016.00
Jan 27 2023 12:47am
Do you have trouble seeing or believing “all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28)? The below really struck me, the parallels of the author listing the abominations of his heart, and then listing/matching the goodness God works together out of these abominations according to His purpose.

“Of all tears, they are the best that are made by the blood of Christ; and of all joy, that is the sweetest that is mixed with mourning over Christ. It is an excellent thing to be on our knees, with Christ in our arms, before God. I hope I know something of these things.
I still find to this day seven abominations in my heart:

1. I am inclined to unbelief.
2. I sometimes seem to suddenly forget the love and mercy that Christ manifests.
3. I sometimes lean toward the works of the law.
4. I have times of wandering and coldness in prayer.
5. I neglect to watch for that which I pray for.
6. I am apt to complain because I have no more, and yet am ready to misuse what I have.
7. I can do none of those things that God commands me, without my corruptions finding their way in. When I would do good, evil is present with me (Romans 7:21 KJV).

These things I continually see and feel and am afflicted and oppressed with; yet the wisdom of God orders them for my good.

1. They make me abhor myself.
2. They keep me from trusting my heart.
3. They convince me of the insufficiency of all human righteousness.
4. They show me the necessity of flying to Jesus.
5. They motivate me to pray to God.
6. They show me the need I have to watch and be serious-minded.
7. They incite me to look to God, through Christ, to help me and carry me through this world. Amen.”

Excerpt From
Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners
John Bunyan
https://books.apple.com/us/book/grace-abounding-to-the-chief-of-sinners/id1326314505
This material may be protected by copyright.
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Add Reply New Topic