d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Crashing. Hardware Issue Imo
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 33,217.60
Jan 25 2023 05:50pm
So I started with 4690k, 8gb ram, 970(Lil engine that could), This was in 2014? Fuxking thing did its job lol. Thank you "misremembered jsp name".

Upgraded to 16 gb of ram when one of my 4gb sticks went bad a few years ago.

Upgraded to a 1080ti my buddy had laying around 2 ish years ago.

One day the kids tell me the pc is restarting on its own. Not a boot loop as I've found out.

So I've checked the ram/ram slots, reinstalled windows, reinstalled drivers, tried diff power plugs. Ive googled as much as I could. The thing randomly crashes and freezes leading to a hard reboot.

One interesting fact I've noticed. Plugged into the MB it freezes as soon as windows loads.

Plugged into the gpu it may go 4 days(or 4 minutes) depending on what I'm playing. But I also don't this it's a power issue because it's just so random.

What yall think? Motherboard eh? Is a z97hd3 gb.

Gold: 2,971.74
Trader: Mediator
Jan 25 2023 06:01pm
check your temps? you should be plugged into your gpu not mobo, that would run graphics on your mobo which wouldn't even utilize the gpu.

usually with these issues i check temps, run DDU and update drivers, update motherboard bios, and you can google "BSODVIEWER" (bluescreenview) to see what the error actually is

can also run malwarebytes free scan on your pc, and run cmd as admin and type in "sfc -scannow" which checks for windows integrity errors

This post was edited by Candyzcanes on Jan 25 2023 06:02pm
Jan 25 2023 06:13pm
Quote (Candyzcanes @ Jan 25 2023 07:01pm)
check your temps? you should be plugged into your gpu not mobo, that would run graphics on your mobo which wouldn't even utilize the gpu.

usually with these issues i check temps, run DDU and update drivers, update motherboard bios, and you can google "BSODVIEWER" (bluescreenview) to see what the error actually is

can also run malwarebytes free scan on your pc, and run cmd as admin and type in "sfc -scannow" which checks for windows integrity errors

Temps are fine according to hw monitor. I used ddu before I reinstalled win 10. Updated mb bios. On f9 I believe it is.

It's a hardware issue I believe. Used all the memtest/sfc/and another program to check the associated items my buzzed ass can't remember.

The reason why I say it's odd is because the integrated graphics aren't disabled in bios, and it crashes like clockwork. Yet the gpu works for a highly random amount of time.

Edit. Tldr. Is it a mb issue? Damn things are like 50 bucks these days, but I'd rather not buy shit I don't need.

This post was edited by FetusEater on Jan 25 2023 06:17pm
Gold: 2,971.74
Trader: Mediator
Jan 25 2023 06:28pm
Quote (FetusEater @ Jan 25 2023 05:13pm)
Temps are fine according to hw monitor. I used ddu before I reinstalled win 10. Updated mb bios. On f9 I believe it is.

It's a hardware issue I believe. Used all the memtest/sfc/and another program to check the associated items my buzzed ass can't remember.

The reason why I say it's odd is because the integrated graphics aren't disabled in bios, and it crashes like clockwork. Yet the gpu works for a highly random amount of time.

Edit. Tldr. Is it a mb issue? Damn things are like 50 bucks these days, but I'd rather not buy shit I don't need.

and you can google "BSODVIEWER" (bluescreenview) to see what the error actually is
Jan 25 2023 07:01pm
I 100% will try. I have not heard of this program.

But the event viewer is just a generic error 4xx? Which is a unexepcted shutdown. Not at my pc to confirm the numbers. But it's common error.

Edit. Never had a bsod*

This post was edited by FetusEater on Jan 25 2023 07:01pm
Gold: 20,950.54
Jan 26 2023 07:26am
Could be your PSU failing if you have been using it since 2014 can try and see if you can borrow one to test as usually these things happen: driver crash which can lock up your system - bsod or reboot if its not getting enough juice.
Other thing it could be is Mobo.

Have you also tested each ram stick with memtest individually?
Jan 26 2023 09:55am
Quote (Yurihyuga @ Jan 26 2023 08:26am)
Could be your PSU failing if you have been using it since 2014 can try and see if you can borrow one to test as usually these things happen: driver crash which can lock up your system - bsod or reboot if its not getting enough juice.
Other thing it could be is Mobo.

Have you also tested each ram stick with memtest individually?

I have not tested each ram stick with memtest. But I have 3 sticks I've swapped in and out in different slots with 0 results.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone with a pc. Or I def would've tried swapping the power supply.

Gold: 0.00
Jan 30 2023 06:14pm
If it's a older power supply I usually just take it out of the pc and take the cover off. Can usually tell pretty fast if it's usable or not. Can check the fuse on the inside and check if anything exploded (should look like discolored glue oozing out if it needs replaced).

The compacitors do hold a charge for a while even after unplugged so definitely don't touch anything inside but just by visual inspection you can usually tell if they are going out
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll