d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Im New To Poe
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 95.20
Jan 27 2023 05:46pm
Quote (HellFireCoco @ Jan 27 2023 05:14pm)
I am new as well. I am happy that you compare it more to D3 than D2. It confirms how I feel so far trying this game. I told this to my friends who love this game while I am going through the campaign and they got mad :lol:
I am on my first playthrough, I looked at no guide and its damn easy so far. I am now in Act 7 and maybe I will hit a wall before the end of Act10.... who knows...

I really feel everything I do before I can drop items with an item level high enough to craft great items (83 or something), every crafting I could do is completely irrelevant and a waste of currency. I will still complete the campaign, but I might stop right there... as the character development so far feels numb and empty... at this point they should let you skip campaign and access directly the end like they did in D3...

End games seem entertaining, but they seem to become irrelevant after every patch when a new end game becomes available... so... as it was already this in this discussion... what you have can be useless from any day to another... I guess I will just enjoy the rest of the campaign and maybe this game is just not for me! :)

Yeah definitely not a game for you.
Crafting is how a lot of people with multiple mirrors make most of their money. Sure you can juice everything and make 40div+ PER HOUR profit, but it still pales in comparison to real crafting.
Campaign takes about 2-3 hours if you know where to go and have the twink gear to set up for it. Hallow palm set up costs like 50 fg max, thats including godly corruptions.

If you want an idle afk game, then d3 is for you. PoE just requires a lot of indepth planning and thinking on what you want to play for atlas strats.
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Jan 27 2023 06:03pm
Quote (HellFireCoco @ Jan 28 2023 12:14am)
I am new as well. I am happy that you compare it more to D3 than D2. It confirms how I feel so far trying this game. I told this to my friends who love this game while I am going through the campaign and they got mad :lol:
I am on my first playthrough, I looked at no guide and its damn easy so far. I am now in Act 7 and maybe I will hit a wall before the end of Act10.... who knows...

I really feel everything I do before I can drop items with an item level high enough to craft great items (83 or something), every crafting I could do is completely irrelevant and a waste of currency. I will still complete the campaign, but I might stop right there... as the character development so far feels numb and empty... at this point they should let you skip campaign and access directly the end like they did in D3...

End games seem entertaining, but they seem to become irrelevant after every patch when a new end game becomes available... so... as it was already this in this discussion... what you have can be useless from any day to another... I guess I will just enjoy the rest of the campaign and maybe this game is just not for me! :)

thanks :blush: ! i guess they are mad cause they got bait and switched and are now trying to cope, but the fact is that poe became cartoonish af and isnt nearly the "spiritual successor to d2" it once was. like when you take in a sexy 18 year old ukrainian refugee girl, but 3 years later she hit the wall like most eastern eu women do anyways, so she costs like hell to maintain and nothing you do is good enough for her. you dont understand what she wants half of the time and the occasional blowjob you get is nothing to write home about even though you bought her lip implants, but you invested so much in her that backing out just isnt an option anymore :mellow:

...ooookay i may have gone on a tangent right there :wacko: what im trying to say is that theres a surprisingly high amount of people who dont even enjoy poe but still play it for various reasons, only to get burned out after a week from ladder start and asking themselves, what the fuck went wrong. what happened is that in reality, the most fun you are getting in poe isnt actually the time you spend IN POE, its planning builds and talking about them on various forums. actual playing is repetitive boring shit for the sole sense of pride that your idea worked. and even that would be a legit reason to play if the game wasnt being changed from the ground up every few months so you can pretty much delete that build anyways and start over

tldr:

Gold: 0.00
Jan 27 2023 06:31pm
Quote (allience @ 27 Jan 2023 18:46)
Yeah definitely not a game for you.
Crafting is how a lot of people with multiple mirrors make most of their money. Sure you can juice everything and make 40div+ PER HOUR profit, but it still pales in comparison to real crafting.
Campaign takes about 2-3 hours if you know where to go and have the twink gear to set up for it. Hallow palm set up costs like 50 fg max, thats including godly corruptions.

If you want an idle afk game, then d3 is for you. PoE just requires a lot of indepth planning and thinking on what you want to play for atlas strats.

The thing is, I don't play for profit. And as I said, I love when crafting makes you progress in the game. Right now, anything I craft before Tier 1 affixes are available on the items I craft feel like a misuse of my currencies because it is not necessary to do so for my character to progress and reach the end game. I truly feel like this game should let you start level 100 with all passive skill points available and let you climb your way to top tier maps (so far, the story in itself is... bad... so I don't think you can play this game for the story telling...).

The whole leveling process is pointless (maybe where I get the similarity with D3... I am more of a D2 player btw). And regarding in-depth thinking... I feel more like it is complex because of the volume of mechanics than the complexity of mechanics themselves.

Quote (Snyft2 @ 27 Jan 2023 19:03)
thanks :blush: ! i guess they are mad cause they got bait and switched and are now trying to cope, but the fact is that poe became cartoonish af and isnt nearly the "spiritual successor to d2" it once was. like when you take in a sexy 18 year old ukrainian refugee girl, but 3 years later she hit the wall like most eastern eu women do anyways, so she costs like hell to maintain and nothing you do is good enough for her. you dont understand what she wants half of the time and the occasional blowjob you get is nothing to write home about even though you bought her lip implants, but you invested so much in her that backing out just isnt an option anymore :mellow:

...ooookay i may have gone on a tangent right there :wacko: what im trying to say is that theres a surprisingly high amount of people who dont even enjoy poe but still play it for various reasons, only to get burned out after a week from ladder start and asking themselves, what the fuck went wrong. what happened is that in reality, the most fun you are getting in poe isnt actually the time you spend IN POE, its planning builds and talking about them on various forums. actual playing is repetitive boring shit for the sole sense of pride that your idea worked. and even that would be a legit reason to play if the game wasnt being changed from the ground up every few months so you can pretty much delete that build anyways and start over

tldr:

Yes, I would be more inclined to play and grind an end game build if the build I make stays good through time (or a least a few years until a major update comes into play). I am pretty sure they got mad because they think its a big brain game... while I understand that it is a big brain game to theory craft an optimal build... themselves... all they do is follow a guide made on the internet... and for me... it kills it doing this... And I am pretty sure 99% of the player base are playing the game this way :lol:

But, I gotta give them this: The Slave Pens at the beginning of Act5 really gave me a D1 vibe... the music and ambience in this area are insane. I was impressed by this map.

This post was edited by HellFireCoco on Jan 27 2023 06:31pm
Jan 27 2023 07:04pm
Quote (HellFireCoco @ Jan 28 2023 01:31am)
Yes, I would be more inclined to play and grind an end game build if the build I make stays good through time (or a least a few years until a major update comes into play). I am pretty sure they got mad because they think its a big brain game... while I understand that it is a big brain game to theory craft an optimal build... themselves... all they do is follow a guide made on the internet... and for me... it kills it doing this... And I am pretty sure 99% of the player base are playing the game this way :lol:

But, I gotta give them this: The Slave Pens at the beginning of Act5 really gave me a D1 vibe... the music and ambience in this area are insane. I was impressed by this map.

most players do follow guides yes :unsure: a few here make up some obscure shit themselves and play that (me included), but that almost always fails spectacularly so dont do that :cry: in poe the general rule is: if you want to play a build you enjoy, you first have to play something you dont enjoy for a month just to gear up for the build you do enjoy :wacko: and yeah, 99% of the players do it that way. allience isnt in those 99% though so even though he can definitely back up what he says, he doesnt really see the common pleb viewpoint as his idea of fun is getting filthy rich in the shortest amount of time possible :wacko:

basically if you are more into fun and enjoying gameplay than competing, this game isnt for you i think :unsure:

edit: and yes i love the occasional d1/d2 vibe :wub: ! doesnt happen often but its so fun when it does!

This post was edited by Snyft2 on Jan 27 2023 07:05pm
Gold: 0.00
Jan 27 2023 07:24pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ 27 Jan 2023 20:04)
most players do follow guides yes :unsure: a few here make up some obscure shit themselves and play that (me included), but that almost always fails spectacularly so dont do that :cry: in poe the general rule is: if you want to play a build you enjoy, you first have to play something you dont enjoy for a month just to gear up for the build you do enjoy :wacko: and yeah, 99% of the players do it that way. allience isnt in those 99% though so even though he can definitely back up what he says, he doesnt really see the common pleb viewpoint as his idea of fun is getting filthy rich in the shortest amount of time possible :wacko:

basically if you are more into fun and enjoying gameplay than competing, this game isnt for you i think :unsure:

edit: and yes i love the occasional d1/d2 vibe :wub: ! doesnt happen often but its so fun when it does!

I don't know if you played it, but, I really enjoyed Grim Dawn for a good vibe and good character progression (in case sometimes you search a new game play...).
Jan 27 2023 07:50pm
Quote (HellFireCoco @ Jan 27 2023 06:31pm)
The thing is, I don't play for profit. And as I said, I love when crafting makes you progress in the game. Right now, anything I craft before Tier 1 affixes are available on the items I craft feel like a misuse of my currencies because it is not necessary to do so for my character to progress and reach the end game. I truly feel like this game should let you start level 100 with all passive skill points available and let you climb your way to top tier maps (so far, the story in itself is... bad... so I don't think you can play this game for the story telling...).

The whole leveling process is pointless (maybe where I get the similarity with D3... I am more of a D2 player btw). And regarding in-depth thinking... I feel more like it is complex because of the volume of mechanics than the complexity of mechanics themselves.

Play ssf if you want to craft gear to use. As an early player, throwing jewels on a harvest bench and crafting them is always useful. Grim dawn was ok for first play through, there's zero replayability in it.

Also, I would take everything Snyft says about PoE with a grain of salt. No offense to snyft, because I love him, but he doesn't and hasn't actually played PoE for the past 3 years. He's just here to shit on it because he doesn't like the devs ( which most of us don't)

Game is still best ARPG in the market by miles.

This post was edited by allience on Jan 27 2023 07:52pm
Jan 27 2023 07:56pm
When you're spending a divine per map in currency to run juiced maps, you'll find that crafting gear is the least important factor of the game.
Complaining before you even play 5% of the game seems kind of lack luster. Either play it or don't.
Jan 27 2023 09:22pm
Quote (HellFireCoco @ Jan 28 2023 02:24am)
I don't know if you played it, but, I really enjoyed Grim Dawn for a good vibe and good character progression (in case sometimes you search a new game play...).

played ofc! i liked the game but the constant updates annoy me because i make a perfect char and then they are like fuck u bro :mellow: so im waiting for the "final" update so to say!

Quote (allience @ Jan 28 2023 02:50am)
Play ssf if you want to craft gear to use. As an early player, throwing jewels on a harvest bench and crafting them is always useful. Grim dawn was ok for first play through, there's zero replayability in it.

Also, I would take everything Snyft says about PoE with a grain of salt. No offense to snyft, because I love him, but he doesn't and hasn't actually played PoE for the past 3 years. He's just here to shit on it because he doesn't like the devs ( which most of us don't)

Game is still best ARPG in the market by miles.

awww :wub: :hug: ! well i wanted to visit and make a few more hideouts, but i talked shit to some devs again and i got both my accs banned <_< should have used a vm.. god i hate the devs so much <_<

at least i finished my underwated glacial hideout project before i got banned :drool: !
Gold: 231,355.00
Jan 28 2023 10:32am
Quote (HellFireCoco @ Jan 27 2023 08:24pm)

POE is generally an incremental game.

By this I mean you make progress to the type of content you play over the course of many leagues.

Talking about the campaign is the absolute first step, congrats, you are at the most basic point of the game. You even cleared the campaign without a guide - WOW - impressive (not really).

Next time (if) you play, you'll get to white maps, and say how easy it is, or boring or whatever.

Then next time you'll complete uber lab.

Then maybe a yellow map.

I can tell from your post it will probably be quite some time before you experience anything actually relevant in this game.

Best of luck.

/e also, almost no game keeps gear or content relevant for a year or more, and any that do are probably dogshit.

This post was edited by Commm on Jan 28 2023 10:37am
Gold: 17,384.69
Jan 28 2023 05:05pm
Hello welcome in POE
My advice: Don't play POE.

Explanation; You have amazing games like witcher 3, fallout 4, cyberpunk 2077, or whatever Skyrim.
Finish all them first.

Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll