d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Best Merc Eq For Goldfind Barb?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,017.00
Jan 24 2023 02:41pm
There are several good options, but first, what kind of goldbarb are you? Do you kill? Or you only leap and the merc does all the killing?

Quote (Loiter @ 22 Jan 2023 17:07)

coz as i understand it, merc goldfind stacks with the players, but is it really worth putting any goldfind stuff on a merc and risking him being squidgy

That's not right, merc's goldfind (and magic find) only work for enemies that the merc kills.
Gold: 102,341.00
Jan 24 2023 09:31pm
Quote (cantero @ Jan 24 2023 08:41pm)
There are several good options, but first, what kind of goldbarb are you? Do you kill? Or you only leap and the merc does all the killing?

That's not right, merc's goldfind (and magic find) only work for enemies that the merc kills.

yeah sorry thats what i meant, its additional when the merc gets the kill
i letr the merc do the killing, i dont use leap though, i use howl/warcry
Gold: 10,017.00
Jan 24 2023 11:07pm
If the merc does the killing then the best its botd eth war pike. Biggest damage and nice adds like ias and life leech.
Helm should be crown of thieves: goldfind, life, lifeleech and fire res. Just all that you need in a cheap helm.
Armor: i use forty, high damage boost and resistances. If you leap, merc will never be hit do it will not cast the cold armor. Never tried the shouts that you use, but other options are coh or a jewelers armor with ed jewels.

About the general build, i like to leap, it's a different playstyle than other barbs. I got some mf with dual ali babas and ik helm. You lose a bit of gf but finding items makes the runs more fun.
Gold: 2,246.50
Jan 25 2023 02:55pm
hi, in my opinion no eg merc is the best merc

you just dont need him and the eg isnt worth it i guess

so lets say 2-10% from your characters mf ? not worth for me

i do brainafk trav without poitions or anything... no reset, no heal, no portal

without any interruptions like healing or positioning you have a brain afk constancy while with any merc, you always auto watch out for everything, rdy to heal your little helper up

maybe its just more chill and after xxxx travi runs .... its just not worth for me XD

Gold: 85.00
Jan 25 2023 05:01pm
Depends what you want to do with it.
A purist GF character farming nm with MAX gf setup will give you more gp/h then running hell, although*
Running hell gives you better chance of hr/other substantial drops.

Are you looking for a general increase in your account?
Run hell barb and merc and just hork for okay gp + drops and quick trav runs with good survivability
Are you looking for absurdly insane circlets that gamble .001% of the time? Are you looking to gamble an insane amount of Perfect lld items?
Go nightmare with max gf and spend your full stash of gold every 20-30 minutes worth of runs.

What i don't suggest doing is trying to max GF and running hell. You will die your merc will die your clear speed will be slow and you'll shout/leap for days trying to do one run.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll