d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Best Super Budget Early Ladder Trav Runner > D2:R
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,617.75
Jan 22 2023 12:38am
I'm curious about how your experience with a summon Necro was from normal to A3 hell. Can you make it to A1 hellos did you stop to farm spirit, rhyme, lore and a decent Merc insight?

I'm considering a Necro as my ladder starter next ladder because I'm also tired of starting as sorc , pally or trap sin.

Would you say necros are much slower than these?

As for your question, I had success running Trav with both a Wind druid and a blizz sorc with minimal gear. I know you said no sorc, but I thought I would throw that in.

Sorry for hijacking your post. Free bump otherwise.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 22 2023 07:41am
Zerker Barb does good. Just need good res and maybe fire sorb.
Gold: 40.00
Jan 22 2023 08:52am
Quote (Lins @ Jan 22 2023 01:38am)
I'm curious about how your experience with a summon Necro was from normal to A3 hell. Can you make it to A1 hellos did you stop to farm spirit, rhyme, lore and a decent Merc insight?

I'm considering a Necro as my ladder starter next ladder because I'm also tired of starting as sorc , pally or trap sin.

Would you say necros are much slower than these?

As for your question, I had success running Trav with both a Wind druid and a blizz sorc with minimal gear. I know you said no sorc, but I thought I would throw that in.

Sorry for hijacking your post. Free bump otherwise.

No problem at all. As far as speed goes, it depends on a few things. Are you referring to the grind from 1-60, the time it takes to where you can actually start running areas in hell, or clear speed once you have halfway decent gear?

1-60 isnt bad, its great for early game leveling. Collecting and selling magic items in a1 norm usually gets you the gold to have bought a +3 summon/+3 skele mastery wand by the time you find andy. If playing bnet i strongly advise finding a party that is going for the staff, because that is by far the slowest spot in the game for a summon necro. Once you clear that, it does rather well clearing tombs for some fairly quick exp. At ladder start i usually take the time to clear all the tombs a time or two which normally gets me to 24 for decrepify. Usually im able to find a necro shield with atleast +2 to either summon or skelly mastery. If for some reason i have a hard time with durial ill just join games and rush through to ancients since ive got to 24 fairly quickly anyway, after that its the same as any other class (25-40, rush through nm as best you can, 40-60). I've been able to walk most of hell a1 using the gear i found in normal, and could do more but im impatient to get to certain spots.

For running hell it depends on the area. Usually when i get to hell, even if im not even at 60, i'm able to run the pit, countess, trist, inner cloister. A2 at those levels is generally not a good idea, but if you want to run something in a2 it always seemed like the halls of the dead was a fairly easy area to run till you get to tombs. Id rather run areas in a3 since your large army will handle it well with ~ 5 plus to skills and maxed skellys. should have lvl 10+ ce by now which will start to rip through packs of enemies, even if you are chugging mana pots. one ladder i got really lucky with gear and was in this area by late 40's early 50's. should have kept baaling till 60 though since my kill speed was still a bit low at the time. A5 is great for pindle because even if your army is weak, go through the portal, pop the bodies in the main area (or summon skellys there) if you are too weak to take them all on, and that just leaves you the 5 or 6 around pindle to deal with. keep you golem on them and you can run him fairly well at around 60 still using mostly gear from normal you found in your walk to 24.

Clear speed end game will be slower than a sorc with infinity, hammerdin, javzon, etc. But short of enigma you can get most of your gear cheaper and faster than others, and for a while can clear areas solo about as fast, but more reliably than them. Not a good boss runner due to lack of teleport, but area specific super uniques, and easy to find areas are great with it (my runs would usually put me at pindle to summon free bodies, shenk/eldritch, pit, trav). untill you get a bit better gear id say take an extra 30 seconds and clear the area around trav so you dont have as many blizzards dropping on your head XD

I loved doing summon necros because they are cheap, reliable, safe. They are less of a gamble on gear to get you going, but your clear speed will slow in relation to other classes as they gear up untill you get teleport. A necro with teleport and mid/end game gear is super easy to mf with, just gotta go summon your skellys every game. But with teleport and a few other plus to skills you can easily kill pretty much everything but souls in a4, and ubers. just tele on boss, walk a few steps away, cast decrep. Your golem should be slowing ~ 50-60% end game, plus the slow from decrep makes boss fights extremely safe. Not having to be super focused all the time is great.

*edit, to smore specifically answer your question, a1 norm to hell a3 is easy aside from maggot lair, and durial in norm if you dont have decrep. I usually dont farm runewords with my first char, but may trade for better gear/runes on here.

This post was edited by skyeye on Jan 22 2023 09:03am
Gold: 693.00
Jan 22 2023 04:17pm
Bone necr and bow ama. Nn items. Max buriza for ama. Clean all hell. Nn end game items. Need 2 curses for necr decr and dim vision. Thats all. Fast and easy
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jan 23 2023 12:00am
barb is the only real option because of find item. you run trav for loot and find item gives you p3+ chance for free
Gold: 515.11
Jan 24 2023 07:06pm
Idk the least painful way to run hell trav with shit for gear is warcry and give act2 merc a big insight.

What sucks is that you dont get good find item unless you just straight up sacrifice warcry damage. That and warcry still sucks for damage.

Could try leap to stun then leap attack to help out merc.

This post was edited by Dr_Lecter on Jan 24 2023 07:07pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll