d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > D2:r Console Question > D2:R
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 85.00
Jan 19 2023 01:07pm
Thinking of picking up console version on switch. Me and the gf want to play together eventual goal of each of us getting a torch.
Anybody do a console play through and know what the best classes/builds for 2 person ubers would be in late game?
I assume control of character is fairly different then keyboard/mouse haven't tried it myself yet
Gold: 183.00
Jan 19 2023 01:25pm
I would say some classes are better/similar to pc and some are much worse. Namely, anything that involves projectiles is always going to feel better on PC. For Torch hunting though, we're looking at melee and melee works perfectly fine on console.

I would say go with two Smiters as they are very easy to both gear with minimal grinding using budget items. Most other uber killer builds are also potent and almost as good as Smiter but they require way better gear. Even some common builds you see online that require very little forum gold to put together would be almost impossible to shoot for on a solo single player playthrough.

Gold: 0.00
Jan 19 2023 01:47pm
Maybe smiter and frenzy Barb. Both can do Ubers solo, but then you can get the shared battle orders and shared fanaticism
Jan 19 2023 02:50pm
Quote (tcpgeest @ Jan 19 2023 11:25am)
I would say some classes are better/similar to pc and some are much worse. Namely, anything that involves projectiles is always going to feel better on PC. For Torch hunting though, we're looking at melee and melee works perfectly fine on console.

I would say go with two Smiters as they are very easy to both gear with minimal grinding using budget items. Most other uber killer builds are also potent and almost as good as Smiter but they require way better gear. Even some common builds you see online that require very little forum gold to put together would be almost impossible to shoot for on a solo single player playthrough.

Quote (RuthHemingway @ Jan 19 2023 11:47am)
Maybe smiter and frenzy Barb. Both can do Ubers solo, but then you can get the shared battle orders and shared fanaticism

Right on thanks guys prolly will go baba/pally.
Frenzy/hdin for farming then respect at uber time then ?
Gold: 515.11
Jan 20 2023 09:56pm
Do frenzy barb and zealot.

Smiter is boring as fuck.

Hammerdin is good too obviously but zealot is also fine and complements the frenzy barb a lot more with fanaticism. That and youll both be killing stuff at similar rates, it wont be the hammerdin getting 90% of the kills.
Jan 23 2023 04:02pm
Quote (Dr_Lecter @ Jan 20 2023 07:56pm)
Do frenzy barb and zealot.

Smiter is boring as fuck.

Hammerdin is good too obviously but zealot is also fine and complements the frenzy barb a lot more with fanaticism. That and youll both be killing stuff at similar rates, it wont be the hammerdin getting 90% of the kills.

that sounds interesting actually double melee could be sick with offensive auras not necessarily smite. will have to find a zealot guide
Gold: 4,080.00
Warn: 20%
Jan 25 2023 06:06am
Quote (Exemplary @ Jan 19 2023 09:50pm)
Right on thanks guys prolly will go baba/pally.
Frenzy/hdin for farming then respect at uber time then ?

I've played some on a steam deck, which I reckon works a bit like switch, and hammerdin is awful there since you can't really tele stomp things
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll