d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Classified Documents Discovered At Biden Institute
Prev1192021222324Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Feb 1 2023 07:14pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Jan 16 2023 02:01am)
Let's ignore that all the information we have so far is from Joe Biden's lawyers, and therefore shown in Biden's best possible light. Let's put aside that more documents came out today, and probably will again in future. What Joe Biden and Trump did is either a crime or it isn't. Mishandling classified documents is either serious or it isn't. We shouldn't care much one way or the other so long as the law is treated equally in both cases.

This is a great post to show how Trump cultists don't follow media outside of their own bubble.

Before the Biden documents scandal began, it was a pretty common talking point among those with knowledge in these areas that Trump would not have been faced with impending doom if he had not obstructed. If he had simply returned the documents he had no right to, there would be no special counsel, and he would not be under threat of indictment.

But he's a toddler, the leader of a cult of personality, and he chose to obstruct. And that's why, if he's indicted and Biden is not, there won't be much of a mystery in my mind, because I can understand facts outside of my political perspective. The DOJ can look the other way when an executive has classified documents(as we have seen in multiple examples), it cannot look the other way when that person obstructs the DOJ's attempt to retrieve them.

And I'm looking forward to Bogie's explanation as to why Trump was right to lie and obstruct, as well as Goom's, but I think most people outside the bubble can see what is going on here.

This post was edited by IceMage on Feb 1 2023 07:16pm
Gold: 1,453.85
Feb 1 2023 08:24pm
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 1 2023 05:14pm)
This is a great post to show how Trump cultists don't follow media outside of their own bubble.

Before the Biden documents scandal began, it was a pretty common talking point among those with knowledge in these areas that Trump would not have been faced with impending doom if he had not obstructed. If he had simply returned the documents he had no right to, there would be no special counsel, and he would not be under threat of indictment.

But he's a toddler, the leader of a cult of personality, and he chose to obstruct. And that's why, if he's indicted and Biden is not, there won't be much of a mystery in my mind, because I can understand facts outside of my political perspective. The DOJ can look the other way when an executive has classified documents(as we have seen in multiple examples), it cannot look the other way when that person obstructs the DOJ's attempt to retrieve them.

And I'm looking forward to Bogie's explanation as to why Trump was right to lie and obstruct, as well as Goom's, but I think most people outside the bubble can see what is going on here.

Didn't you say that it's OK for politicians to lie to the people in order to manipulate their behavior? You didn't use the exact wording but the gist of it is still the same.
Gold: 633.87
Feb 1 2023 09:23pm
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 1 2023 08:14pm)

The mainstream narrative on CNN was that this was super serious issue because nuclear secrets were involved, and that's why the FBI was involved. Now you're saying it wasn't a super serious issue, everyone does this, and if he had just tossed the government documents over the fence it wouldn't have been an issue. Who was right or wrong here?
Gold: 57.00
Feb 1 2023 09:35pm
Biden had unsecured documents he had no legal authority to have in his unsecure garage for at least 6 years and the usual suspects/media blames Trump for it. lmfao!
Gold: 2,955.95
Feb 1 2023 11:13pm
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 1 2023 05:14pm)

trump has documents as a president and as president he can declassify them. bogus dude helped him self to documents as a vice president and now it seems a senator which were never de classified and it seems he has them slopped around all over the place and no one ever gave a chit . so yea it all seems like a bullchit witch hunt on trump
Gold: 5,016.77
Feb 3 2023 06:12pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Feb 1 2023 10:23pm)
The mainstream narrative on CNN was that this was super serious issue because nuclear secrets were involved, and that's why the FBI was involved. Now you're saying it wasn't a super serious issue, everyone does this, and if he had just tossed the government documents over the fence it wouldn't have been an issue. Who was right or wrong here?

So because the only commentary from those outside your bubble was clips from CNN, from whoever inside the bubble showed them, that represents the entirety of the public commentary on this issue?

It's important to separate political and legal peril. An executive mishandling classified documents should obviously matter politically, but it won't necessarily result in legal consequences. Here's a quote from Jim Comey's announcement about Hillary on July 5th, 2016:

In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here.

Based on the evidence so far, Trump obstructed. He may even meet the "clearly intentional and willful mishandling" standard.

So, long story short, any executive who ends up with classified documents in unauthorized locations is wrong for having done so. But we live in a world where Biden's likely opponent in 2024 is a guy who did it even worse. He probably had more documents, they were probably more sensitive, and he clearly obstructed. So given the context, my outrage over Biden's scandal is tempered by Trump's. And refusing to see and acknowledge the differences here is willful ignorance.

This post was edited by IceMage on Feb 3 2023 06:14pm
Feb 10 2023 04:01pm
hahaha now it looks like pence has documents.
Gold: 17,384.69
Feb 10 2023 05:44pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 10 Feb 2023 23:01)
hahaha now it looks like pence has documents.

Still no one even reach a tenth of Trump's level: 1/ refusing to deliver 2/10 times more documents.
Feb 10 2023 05:54pm
Quote (Meanwhile @ Feb 10 2023 03:44pm)
Still no one even reach a tenth of Trump's level: 1/ refusing to deliver 2/10 times more documents.

hahahahaha thats "PRESIDENT" trump suka and "PRESIDENTS" get to have classified documents REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Gold: 10,655.00
Feb 10 2023 07:41pm
Quote (Meanwhile @ Feb 10 2023 06:44pm)

So now quantity is more important than quality?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1192021222324Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll