d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Question About Diablo 4
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,339.70
Warn: 10%
Jan 13 2023 06:27am
Quote (musclemagic @ Jan 12 2023 08:34pm)
I understand the concerns, I share them, and it will be very frustrating if they don't tweak things. Based on what I saw I'm not concerned. Like you said, any 15yo could fix the issues.. and it was only from a small batch test server on a 9month pre-release build.

Even as the game was, I will play it a ton for the amazing world and even more amazing PVP. Even though I'm concerned with the pvm balance issues and early game scaling, I would already be 100% satisfied with where the game was and I hope they don't change it too much.

E- imagine if D3 content was actually fun (and extensive, with many formats worth doing), it had awesome pvp, way way way more character customization, and everything was tradeable except for like.. just set items I guess would be a fair example. It's not the ideal Diablo loot system, but it's a hell of a lot better than what is out there.

I heard Blizzard talk about the fact that 6 months before a release nothing can change anymore basically, because they have to prepare for Gold Status and shipping. Thats why all Devs use Day 1 patches and stuff like that these days.
So its a pretty good guess to say, nothing will happen anymore.
Also things that will happen with a day 1 patch are almost always technical issues.
They wont change their loot system, nothing like this will happen. Its like in D3. The game will suffer from a core damage, from an ill foundation. The chance of them fixing the "real issues" is very, very slim.

One of the reasons is the players themselves. Those with a D2 mindset are mostly old farts, most player will have a D3 or even D:I background. That does not mean these people would not appreciate a better itemization or a better levelling system, but it means that these people do not know any better.

They swallow it and will praise the game for what it is, not even acknowledging the issues it has as issues.

This of course starts with the devs. They think what they do is great and they like their systems. Thats what they know and what they think is the best way.

They dont think about static, not scaling Uniques, they dont think about the loot no one needs. "White items, blue items? No one cares, they can be salvaged, thats their purpose" Thats how it is in Diablo for over 10 years now, people are okay with it.

"Who needs Lvl 100 as the ultimate goal of the game? No one, people dont have patience for this" Lets just have them their max. Level after 30 hours...after that they can progress their character until the end of time"

These devs do not know the mechansims of real motivation, because their average customer isnt dedicated enough to even care. They develop D4 and say they wanna go back to the roots, to D2 and then develop a game clearly modelled after D3.
It just looks like D2 and sounds like D2. And people say, yeah thats like D2. Thats what even the media swallowed. They praise D4s Old School take, while in reality its D3 and Immortal munched together with a few new ideas added.

Nothing in D4 is anything like D2. Not a single thing.

Gold: Locked
Jan 13 2023 02:14pm
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Jan 13 2023 04:27am)
I heard Blizzard talk about the fact that 6 months before a release nothing can change anymore basically, because they have to prepare for Gold Status and shipping. Thats why all Devs use Day 1 patches and stuff like that these days.
Also things that will happen with a day 1 patch are almost always technical issues.
They wont change their loot system, nothing like this will happen. Its like in D3. The game will suffer from a core damage, from an ill foundation. The chance of them fixing the "real issues" is very, very slim.

One of the reasons is the players themselves. Those with a D2 mindset are mostly old farts, most player will have a D3 or even D:I background. That does not mean these people would not appreciate a better itemization or a better levelling system, but it means that these people do not know any better.

They swallow it and will praise the game for what it is, not even acknowledging the issues it has as issues.

This of course starts with the devs. They think what they do is great and they like their systems. Thats what they know and what they think is the best way.

They dont think about static, not scaling Uniques, they dont think about the loot no one needs. "White items, blue items? No one cares, they can be salvaged, thats their purpose" Thats how it is in Diablo for over 10 years now, people are okay with it.

"Who needs Lvl 100 as the ultimate goal of the game? No one, people dont have patience for this" Lets just have them their max. Level after 30 hours...after that they can progress their character until the end of time"

These devs do not know the mechansims of real motivation, because their average customer isnt dedicated enough to even care. They develop D4 and say they wanna go back to the roots, to D2 and then develop a game clearly modelled after D3.
It just looks like D2 and sounds like D2. And people say, yeah thats like D2. Thats what even the media swallowed. They praise D4s Old School take, while in reality its D3 and Immortal munched together with a few new ideas added.

Wow! You think they're going to launch with a ton of unfinished textures, several skills not having final renders, placeholders for loads of items, etc? That's pessimism at it's deepest.. it was literally a 9month prelaunch client.

I work with dev teams who often make final changes hours before releases. What you're saying is just another totally wrong reason to be concerned. "They can't make changes"?? Come on man, lol
Jan 13 2023 04:07pm
Quote (musclemagic @ Jan 13 2023 09:14pm)
Wow! You think they're going to launch with a ton of unfinished textures, several skills not having final renders, placeholders for loads of items, etc? That's pessimism at it's deepest.. it was literally a 9month prelaunch client.

I work with dev teams who often make final changes hours before releases. What you're saying is just another totally wrong reason to be concerned. "They can't make changes"?? Come on man, lol

Not what I think, its what Blizzard said. They dont touch their games 6 months prior to release. Thats what they said.

But thats not the point I made anyways.
Gold: Locked
Jan 13 2023 08:08pm
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Jan 13 2023 02:07pm)
Not what I think, its what Blizzard said. They dont touch their games 6 months prior to release. Thats what they said.

But thats not the point I made anyways.

Well, if they don't, then people will never buy another Blizz game since it was unfinished.
Gold: 8,013.34
Jan 14 2023 01:41am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ 13 Jan 2023 13:27)

:thumbsup:
Jan 14 2023 03:54am
Quote (musclemagic @ Jan 14 2023 03:08am)
Well, if they don't, then people will never buy another Blizz game since it was unfinished.

They wont release it unfinished. There was time left in 2022 to finish it. But we wont see any gameplay changes.
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll