d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Question About Diablo 4
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.85
Warn: 10%
Jan 8 2023 05:20am
I have joined this forum because I want to become part of diablo 2, 3 and 4 market tradings. Ive bought diablo 4, but I have a question in my mind. I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

Question = is Diablo 4 going to be like diablo 3 (you can NOT sell your items) or it will be like diablo 2 (you CAN sell your drops)?
if I am not able to sell my items, well, I will definetly get upset...

Thank you
Gold: 82,700.00
Jan 8 2023 08:25am
You can trade up to rare but that’s about it, no legendarily no unique no aspects

There are different opinions about rares being tradeable, some think it’s awesome and they‘ll have value, I personally think nobody will care about your rares as most slot BIS are probably unique and due to boring itemization in the game it won’t really make a difference if you use a perfect rolled one or a random selffound

Also trading doesn’t have any support other than a normal chat ingame, to find a specific perfect rolled rare you‘ll need to use 3rd party websites like this one, so it’s rather a neige

If you care about trading in a arpg, there’s only Poe at this point (and poe2 later this year or 2024)
Gold: 1,339.70
Jan 8 2023 09:20am
Quote (GreatVibes @ Jan 8 2023 12:20pm)
I have joined this forum because I want to become part of diablo 2, 3 and 4 market tradings. Ive bought diablo 4, but I have a question in my mind. I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

Question = is Diablo 4 going to be like diablo 3 (you can NOT sell your items) or it will be like diablo 2 (you CAN sell your drops)?

Thank you

It will be sort of a middle ground based on what we know right now.

You can trade potentially very valuable crafting bases, which are rare items or maybe even some blue items if they implement a way to upgrade them to rares - like in Path of Exile for example or create a valuable niche for their higher but way fewer stats.

You will not be able to trade Legendary items, Unique Items or legendary aspects.

So trading will play a part, maybe even a big part in Diablo 4 - certainly not as big as in D2 tho

This post was edited by Modulok2405 on Jan 8 2023 09:22am
Gold: Locked
Jan 10 2023 12:43am
Quote (GreatVibes @ Jan 8 2023 03:20am)

Thank you

95% of items are tradeable.

However, in the beta it was not very meaningful/necessary to do so. You'll only really want to sell really really top rolls.

Hopefully Blizzard will be making the correct changes to make those top rolls feel more meaningful.
Jan 11 2023 03:47am
Quote (musclemagic @ Jan 10 2023 07:43am)
95% of items are tradeable.

However, in the beta it was not very meaningful/necessary to do so. You'll only really want to sell really really top rolls.

Hopefully Blizzard will be making the correct changes to make those top rolls feel more meaningful.

95%? Well yeah, if you add all white and blue items as well as crafting mats maybe, but in reality all Legendaries and Uniques as well as legendary aspects are NOT tradeable.

Also why are top rolls not meaningfull right now? That sounds pretty concerning.

Jan 11 2023 09:07am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Jan 11 2023 01:47am)
95%? Well yeah, if you add all white and blue items as well as crafting mats maybe, but in reality all Legendaries and Uniques as well as legendary aspects are NOT tradeable.

Also why are top rolls not meaningfull right now? That sounds pretty concerning.

Nah, almost everything you find is a rare (potentially the bis) at lvl 100. Gear that drops before 100 is not really worth keeping.

In the endgame beta, the content wasn't engaging enough to demand you to optimize gear. Once you semi-optimized skills/Paragon it was like.. okay I'm good now.

A part of this was also due to exploration/glyphs/sockets each being high value, more valuable than gear in some cases.

I'm sure they're doing some tweaking though to make it feel right. The world and all the systems are so well thought out, I have a pretty high faith they'll get it ironed out even if it's not in the first season.
Gold: 2.66
Jan 11 2023 11:09am
lmfao @ pre-order.
Gold: 0.87
Jan 11 2023 06:24pm
Quote (GreatVibes @ Jan 8 2023 06:20am)

Thank you

Noone knows but, psychologically:

If items could not be traded, would you tell fans before or after the release date?

and

If items can be traded, would you really wait until after the release date to give the good news?

It's a thing where you gotta smell its asshole when you don't know for sure :)
Jan 12 2023 01:07am
Quote (KDACardano @ Jan 11 2023 04:24pm)
Noone knows but, psychologically:

If items could not be traded, would you tell fans before or after the release date?

and

If items can be traded, would you really wait until after the release date to give the good news?

It's a thing where you gotta smell its asshole when you don't know for sure :)

Would they really build a transferable system and trade UI and such just to *trick* people into thinking there's trading? You guys are so weird. 😂
Jan 12 2023 01:37am
Quote (musclemagic @ Jan 11 2023 04:07pm)
Nah, almost everything you find is a rare (potentially the bis) at lvl 100. Gear that drops before 100 is not really worth keeping.

In the endgame beta, the content wasn't engaging enough to demand you to optimize gear. Once you semi-optimized skills/Paragon it was like.. okay I'm good now.

A part of this was also due to exploration/glyphs/sockets each being high value, more valuable than gear in some cases.

I'm sure they're doing some tweaking though to make it feel right. The world and all the systems are so well thought out, I have a pretty high faith they'll get it ironed out even if it's not in the first season.

That is very, very bad news to see them go down this weird Diablo 3 road again. If gear before max. level is not worth keeping, it means ONCE AGAIN that the whole levelling phase is just there because Blizzard says so. It serves no purpose.

Look at the great ARPGs like D2 or Path of Exile. One of the reasons why they are so good is how they implemented the Levelling phase into their game.

First of all the way to max. Level is the ultimate goal in both mentioned games, which makes A LOT of sense.

Secondly and more importantly, items do not scale with character level or anything else which means that an item, once it can drop due to Area Level, you can get it.
In D2 you can theoretically get a Stone of Jordan in Normal Act 5 if I'm not mistaken, so basically when you character is not even Level 30 most of the time - and this adds a sort of sense to the levelling phase because you can get shit that is worth keeping. Not only Uniques but also blues and even white or grey bases. You can get all this shit pretty much at any point.
Once you reach an area in which specific affixes can drop, you can get lets say charms which include them and they might be best in slot forever.
Uniques DO NOT CHANGE with your character level in D2, they have only one form. They are what they are.

You find a great Unique with Level 50 in D3 or D4? Well thats bad news for you, because its downscaled crap that sucks ass a few moments later.

If nothing before lvl 100 is worth anything then whats the point? You get where I am coming from?

They need to stop doing this character scaling bullshit. I wanna be rewarded, not punished until I am Max. Level. That is ridiculous.

So tell me again, what so great about their system, cause it sounds like crap.
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll