d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Rogue Caster
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 311.83
Jan 6 2023 05:43pm
I'm not sure where to begin but I've started with int and dex with ee armor and int weapon and int charm and ee
I'm probably doing it wrong
Jan 6 2023 07:05pm
Nothing lol
Gold: 19,012.03
Jan 6 2023 07:18pm
the short of it is rogue caster is just worse than a mage unless you can get hold of significantly better medium int armors and int weapons which arnt daggers/staffs

The entire point of a rogue caster is to do the same as a mage, use int weapon, int armor, ee charm, ee heal charm.
The good point is int clubs are incredibly cheap as no-one wants to cast a rogue
The bad point is you start with 20 less useful stats (int/vit) and the mage abilities which are the ones you will be using, are no longer blue for rogue.

There's also an issue with at low levels you will run out of mana frequently, so you may be better off statting intelligence whilst using an ee axe/staff/dagger with dex armor and dex charm.

do not stat anything except vitality and intelligence

To be honest given that you'll need to make up 20 stats and you NEED the vitality stats for higher hp in hardcore, you are almost always better off with a mage.

Think of it this way, at level 55 you should be looking at the following BASE stats:
Mage: 70 vit, 75 int. This gives 4200 mana or about 40 casts
Rogue: 70 vit, 55 int. This gives 3080 mana or about 28 casts

so you'll need to shrine about 1.5 times as often just from the mana difference alone.
This is more of an option on softcore as the gear is generally better and cheaper and you dont need to worry about dying so that 70 vit isn't really necessary.

can see how much vit i use on HC for my solo: https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?c=3&i=193561&p=528638
Jan 6 2023 08:13pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ 6 Jan 2023 19:18)
the short of it is rogue caster is just worse than a mage unless you can get hold of significantly better medium int armors and int weapons which arnt daggers/staffs

The entire point of a rogue caster is to do the same as a mage, use int weapon, int armor, ee charm, ee heal charm.
The good point is int clubs are incredibly cheap as no-one wants to cast a rogue
The bad point is you start with 20 less useful stats (int/vit) and the mage abilities which are the ones you will be using, are no longer blue for rogue.

There's also an issue with at low levels you will run out of mana frequently, so you may be better off statting intelligence whilst using an ee axe/staff/dagger with dex armor and dex charm.

do not stat anything except vitality and intelligence

To be honest given that you'll need to make up 20 stats and you NEED the vitality stats for higher hp in hardcore, you are almost always better off with a mage.

Think of it this way, at level 55 you should be looking at the following BASE stats:
Mage: 70 vit, 75 int. This gives 4200 mana or about 40 casts
Rogue: 70 vit, 55 int. This gives 3080 mana or about 28 casts

so you'll need to shrine about 1.5 times as often just from the mana difference alone.
This is more of an option on softcore as the gear is generally better and cheaper and you dont need to worry about dying so that 70 vit isn't really necessary.

can see how much vit i use on HC for my solo: https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?c=3&i=193561&p=528638

Nice gear and thx so I need life return
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll