d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > The Word Of God As It Is Written
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 7,442.00
Jan 4 2023 01:02am
May we not read into scripture what is not there, nor bend or break its meaning to conform to our thoughts and desires. May we appreciate God’s word, even when we may not fully grasp what is being said, and may we recognize it as the living word which can speak to us in different ages and seasons. Thank God for His timing, His renewing of our hearts and minds, His glory in building our hearts and minds for truth.

“… I would also now try to take the Word of God as it was written, without restraining the natural force of one syllable of it. Oh, what I now saw in that blessed verse, John 6:37: And the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. Now I began to consider that God could speak greater words than my heart was able to fully understand. I thought also that He had not spoken His words in haste, but with infinite wisdom and judgment and in very truth and faithfulness.”

Excerpt From
Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners
John Bunyan
https://books.apple.com/us/book/grace-abounding-to-the-chief-of-sinners/id1326314505
This material may be protected by copyright.
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Add Reply New Topic