d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > How Do Governments Shape People's Personalities?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Jan 1 2023 08:58pm
Today, through tv, series, movies, music. Back in the day, social psychological interaction.

What shapes a people's culture? And a mass of people's ground personality traits? I mean, there's no denying that people in different countrys have different ground personality traits. At the same time, i realize that there are generally good and bad people all across the world.

I'm norwegian. We can get hard to get to know, but we're friendly once you do. Now i've worked mostly with norwegians here... but once i worked in a place where the administration was swedish. They were quite different. Very strict and harsh. The walls came up fast and it was difficult to communicate. One swedish girl i worked with in a factory was also hard to work with. Made it a point to be obnoxious.

I've read in a news article a long time ago, that the "social stigmata whip" was much stronger in sweden than in norway. That feels quite right. I mean, it feels like if you don't do the social correct thing, you get ostracized and freezed out very fast.

Worked with a polish guy, he was a hard worker and generally nice guy, but hard to communicate with. It was his way or the highway, lol.

Another one was a russian female. Very hard worker and solid. And friendly.

Then i read a news article about a girl living in norway, that came from china. She said that norwegian youth are very complacent and .. lazy, compared to chinese children upbringing.

The french are peace-lovers, poets and artspeople. But at the same time, can be extremely obnoxious ^^

Germans are supposed to be very good craftspeople. And you have to see that. But at the same time, the economy in the country has always been divided and rough.

I just find it quite strange that the psychology in all the world's different countries can be so diverse. And how the world's governments can play such a powerful role in shaping people's mentalities.
Gold: 2,848.72
Warn: 70%
Jan 1 2023 08:59pm
this is the best thread that i never read
Gold: 0.70
Jan 1 2023 09:00pm
Holy hell man I don't read novels
Gold: 134.69
Jan 1 2023 11:27pm
Quote (Taurean @ Jan 1 2023 10:58pm)
Today, through tv, series, movies, music. Back in the day, social psychological interaction.

What shapes a people's culture? And a mass of people's ground personality traits? I mean, there's no denying that people in different countrys have different ground personality traits. At the same time, i realize that there are generally good and bad people all across the world.

I'm norwegian. We can get hard to get to know, but we're friendly once you do. Now i've worked mostly with norwegians here... but once i worked in a place where the administration was swedish. They were quite different. Very strict and harsh. The walls came up fast and it was difficult to communicate. One swedish girl i worked with in a factory was also hard to work with. Made it a point to be obnoxious.

I've read in a news article a long time ago, that the "social stigmata whip" was much stronger in sweden than in norway. That feels quite right. I mean, it feels like if you don't do the social correct thing, you get ostracized and freezed out very fast.

Worked with a polish guy, he was a hard worker and generally nice guy, but hard to communicate with. It was his way or the highway, lol.

Another one was a russian female. Very hard worker and solid. And friendly.

Then i read a news article about a girl living in norway, that came from china. She said that norwegian youth are very complacent and .. lazy, compared to chinese children upbringing.

The french are peace-lovers, poets and artspeople. But at the same time, can be extremely obnoxious ^^

Germans are supposed to be very good craftspeople. And you have to see that. But at the same time, the economy in the country has always been divided and rough.

I just find it quite strange that the psychology in all the world's different countries can be so diverse. And how the world's governments can play such a powerful role in shaping people's mentalities.

Culture plays a significant role in shaping the personality traits of a group of people. Culture encompasses the shared beliefs, behaviors, objects, and other characteristics that define a group or society. It influences the way that people think and act, and can shape their values, attitudes, and behaviors.

There are many factors that contribute to the formation and development of a culture, including geography, history, language, religion, and social norms. These factors can influence the way that people perceive and interact with the world around them, and can ultimately shape their personality traits.

It is important to note that while culture can have an impact on the personality traits of a group of people, it is not the only factor. Individual experiences, upbringing, and genetics also play a role in shaping personality. Additionally, it is important to recognize that people are individuals and cannot be reduced to a set of collective personality traits. While cultural influences may play a role in shaping personality, they do not determine it completely.
Gold: 15.00
Jan 1 2023 11:58pm
Quote (MoreTimeToKill @ Jan 1 2023 09:00pm)
Holy hell man I don't read novels

Combine your posts together for at least a few though
Gold: 0.70
Jan 2 2023 12:07am
Quote (WitchfinderGeneral @ Jan 2 2023 06:58pm)

Combine your posts together for at least a few though

Ty
Gold: 1,045.70
Warn: 20%
Jan 2 2023 12:19am
And the sheep not even know.
Gold: 62.77
Jan 2 2023 01:35am
I think the media and entertainment play a huge role in shaping people's personalities! :)
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll