d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Diablo Iv Trading
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,031.97
Dec 28 2022 04:10am
None of this has been confirmed as far as i've read but these are things that i've found on different forums

A few concerns I have that maybe the fine ladies/gentlemen/nonbinary folks in this forum can help me rationalize...

A. Free trade will be out of the question because blizzard thinks that it ruined Diablo 2 (which I do not agree with at all)
B. Trading items will be a one time go for items that are not powerful (uniques/legendaries/set etc)
C. You will be able to trade crafting/consumables

Other possible concerns:

A. Instanced Loot (again... :vomit: )
B. Possibly "Move here, talk to this guy, go fetch this item, go back, walk here, talk to this guy, kill 5 monsters, collected small item for you 50 minutes of walking"
C. MAKING THE GAME LIKE SHITTY LOST ARK

I am just concerned that Blizzard is going into this with the "gimme", "I want it now" mindset. Participation trophies for everyone. Oprah out here like "You get a set item! You get a set item! And you! And you!"

The replayability of this game doesn't seem like it will be great. Diablo 3 all over again. Trading is one of the things that made Diablo 2 great but you can see what it did to Diablo 3 when it wasn't added.
This isn't me telling you i'm not going to play Diablo IV or to tell you to hate the game or the changes its making. I'm just fishing for opinions.

Bit of a rant and I want some insight from veteran Diablo players out there. Constructive criticism only please! Not here to flame anyone.

This post was edited by Biggen on Dec 28 2022 04:58am
Gold: 37.01
Dec 28 2022 04:45am
Just another d3 clone

Will never play this D4 dogshit crap.

D2R will be best forever.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 28 2022 05:49am
Quote (Biggen @ Dec 28 2022 09:10pm)
None of this has been confirmed as far as i've read but these are things that i've found on different forums

A few concerns I have that maybe the fine ladies/gentlemen/nonbinary folks in this forum can help me rationalize...

A. Free trade will be out of the question because blizzard thinks that it ruined Diablo 2 (which I do not agree with at all)
B. Trading items will be a one time go for items that are not powerful (uniques/legendaries/set etc)
C. You will be able to trade crafting/consumables

Other possible concerns:

A. Instanced Loot (again... :vomit: )
B. Possibly "Move here, talk to this guy, go fetch this item, go back, walk here, talk to this guy, kill 5 monsters, collected small item for you 50 minutes of walking"
C. MAKING THE GAME LIKE SHITTY LOST ARK

I am just concerned that Blizzard is going into this with the "gimme", "I want it now" mindset. Participation trophies for everyone. Oprah out here like "You get a set item! You get a set item! And you! And you!"

The replayability of this game doesn't seem like it will be great. Diablo 3 all over again. Trading is one of the things that made Diablo 2 great but you can see what it did to Diablo 3 when it wasn't added.
This isn't me telling you i'm not going to play Diablo IV or to tell you to hate the game or the changes its making. I'm just fishing for opinions.

Bit of a rant and I want some insight from veteran Diablo players out there. Constructive criticism only please! Not here to flame anyone.

everyone needs to forget d2 and accept youll never get a game close to what that game accomplished. what made d2 great was its trade system and its addictive grind. you wont sell a game like that to any young people of this generation. if they made a d2 clone itd be for veterans.

those days are gone son "sadge"
Gold: Locked
Dec 28 2022 06:22am
Quote (Biggen @ Dec 28 2022 02:10am)
. .

A1 - Free trade is great, but only when items are extremely rare, otherwise it does break the game. So, the options for them are either make really rare items that are strong enough to make people chase them forever, then whoever has them is the strongest in the game? Or, make items more balanced and accessible so people can push content.

It's just two different game styles, for JSP users they of course prefer the open trade of ultra-rares. D4 is going for content and balanced, less competitive play all around, but what people need to understand is that this opens up more competitive pvp play, as long as Blizzard creates meaningful PVP incentives and makes PVP fun the game is still rewarding you for playing a lot, rather than buying a lot. JSP users just want to be able to sell their items. I get it. I do too, but you can sell some, which I'll talk about below.

B1 - Yes, you trade a good item and then if that person imbues or enchants it, that item is now out of the trading pool. This is good! The strongest players will keep buying 1% upgrades and not be able to recycle the 2nd strongest items. It creates a larger power gap in players, in a game that's designed to have smaller gaps, so it is very good.

C1 - No, you can only trade the items you make with the mats. So, through JSP for example, people will be looking for these to buy. The top tier elixers/incense are VERY strong and also VERY time consuming to grind for. Top players will have to buy on JSP a lot.

A2 - The instanced loot isn't tooo bad, it gives them more control over how much gear everyone gets so they can balance it. Letting a barb pick up a sorc wand just to vendor it, when it could be an upgrade to the sorc, idk. This isn't D2, the instanced loot feels pretty good here imo.

However, they just gave too much loot and it's not very rewarding feeling. I think they've gotten the feedback from beta that this was the case and hopefully will have made the needed changes.

B2 - That's the type of game this is, but they actually did a decent job of creating a lot of ways to play.. to max out your char potential though, you NEED to explore the whole map, and max out a few glyphs by doing dungeons. Other than that there's nothing really required for you, it's not quests like LArk at all (thank God.)

C2 - Nah, it didn't feel too much like LA. (Again, thank God!)

The game actually has way bigger issues than these.. it's quite interesting that JSP users are only focusing on these ones when they should be worried more about the way your level affects loot, being punished for early progression, the really hard to get high rolls on uniques still not being quite rewarding enough to get (which, as a Classic player, I don't mind too much but the LOD plebs will.) And more. The game has issues, but it is really fun still. Especially with a 3mo season and seasonal changes.

It's not D2, but it's not bad like D3, not P2W like Di, and not illusion of choice but actually homogenous builds like LArk.

It's going to be popular, because it's a good game. You can tell they've put a ton of thought into it and it's going to be played a ton because of it. There are tons of ways to play this game in your own style.

E - I almost forgot, two more things they do force you to do are bosses (for mats for adding sockets) and exploring Helltides (for mats for enchanting.) Both of these are untradeable mats in any way.

This post was edited by musclemagic on Dec 28 2022 06:31am
Gold: 2,387.55
Jan 4 2023 10:54am
Quote (Ukelay1 @ Dec 28 2022 01:49pm)
everyone needs to forget d2 and accept youll never get a game close to what that game accomplished. what made d2 great was its trade system and its addictive grind. you wont sell a game like that to any young people of this generation. if they made a d2 clone itd be for veterans.

Unfortunately you are right blizzard abandoned the vets for the next generation....I won't be buying D3 regurgitated for my kids though.
Gold: 82,700.00
Jan 4 2023 11:46am
Quote (Ukelay1 @ 28 Dec 2022 12:49)

you gotta be kidding, d2 trading system was awful and the grind tedious, even 20 years ago. After a year or two you either quit grinding or start botting (jsp bot for example)
what kept it alive for the most part was either pvp, or pvm doing bloodruns/baalruns etc. with randoms on the internet, so a social component to it, also to play different classes/builds, trying to have gigachad character and stuff like that
personally was on the pvp part that kept me entertained for round about 5 years (till 2008 or something)

trading gems for puls and puls for ists was never awesome.
D3 started kinda promising tbh, blizz knew about trading being shit in D2 so implemented an RMAH that got scrapped for legal reasons, also had plans for arena pvp - so at the beginning they were perfectly aware what made D2 great (except the social part, no lobby) but managed to fuck up everything

D4 wont be much different, MMO-heads doing the job - they should just make a new MMO and forget about ARPGs tbh
Gold: 2.66
Jan 5 2023 02:05pm
Free trade did ruin D2…for them. RIP bank accounts.
For us, it was and still is awesome.

I wouldn’t rule out completely that another great game like D2 is ever released. And unfortunately it isn’t D4.
Gold: 78,711.69
Jan 5 2023 02:57pm
;)
Gold: 115,932.00
Feb 4 2023 10:22am
Quote (MACHlNE @ 28 Dec 2022 11:45)
Just another d3 clone

Will never play this D4 dogshit crap.

D2R will be best forever.

yes youre right mate
Gold: 1,930.94
Feb 5 2023 02:59am
The trading may be good and the Oprah reference is spot on.

But us veterans need to remember we old af now and don’t have all this time to grind PLUS make a game to trade and convince some nab why he needs this soj. But I guess that was the fun in it.

As long as I’m not max gear in 3 days I guess I’ll be happy though.
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll