d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Gpu Question Gpu-z
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40,007.05
Dec 18 2022 02:10am
I have a Gtx 3060

In GPU-z it says under "Sensors", "PerfCap Reason" That it is Vrel: Limited by reliability Voltage.

Anyone have any idea why and how to fix this? Or is this even an issue? Games seem to run fine.

Let me know if you need any more info. I am no expert by any means.

tia
Gold: 0.55
Dec 18 2022 05:15am
Just did a quick google search and found this

VRel just means the core is unable to step up to the next voltage bin on the Boost curve because the core will become unstable, thus limiting maximum Boost clock. Generally it's nothing to be worried about, as all cards will get this perfcap when running games because the Boost curve is defined beyond the maximum voltage that is reasonable. For example: The Boost curve on my Titan X doesn't stop until around 1.4V, a voltage which would probably kill the chip in very quick order.
Dec 18 2022 12:41pm
Quote (Superstu96 @ Dec 18 2022 05:15am)
Just did a quick google search and found this

VRel just means the core is unable to step up to the next voltage bin on the Boost curve because the core will become unstable, thus limiting maximum Boost clock. Generally it's nothing to be worried about, as all cards will get this perfcap when running games because the Boost curve is defined beyond the maximum voltage that is reasonable. For example: The Boost curve on my Titan X doesn't stop until around 1.4V, a voltage which would probably kill the chip in very quick order.

I read that as well and didnt really understand it cause I am not good with this type of stuff. :(
Gold: 0.55
Dec 19 2022 12:03am
From how i understood it.
It means that the gou has limited the voltage because if it increase the voltage more the gpu would become unstable. This means picture artifacts (picture glitches) or crashes. So that is why it limits it. Its nothing to worry about. Your gpu is fine
Dec 20 2022 06:39pm
Quote (Superstu96 @ Dec 19 2022 12:03am)
From how i understood it.
It means that the gou has limited the voltage because if it increase the voltage more the gpu would become unstable. This means picture artifacts (picture glitches) or crashes. So that is why it limits it. Its nothing to worry about. Your gpu is fine

Okay that makes sense. I did get Hunter call of the wild looking quite weird visually when it was showing the Vrel message. So it made me think something was wrong. Must have just been a coincidence.

Thanks for the help.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll