d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > ~ King Of The Thicc - D2r Conc & Maul Ladder ~ > D2:R
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 34,235.00
Dec 8 2022 06:46pm

IMAGE CREDITS TO GOTEN

This ladder would go live starting January 3rd, 2022 to test waters and work out kinks - true ladder season to start on reset

Thanks Stevo & Tier1 for the formatting.

Ladder Admins:

Council Members:

(now retired but never forgotten)

Gm Melee Rules

➜ Characters allowed to play this ladder: Druid - Maul 🐻 || Barbarian - Conc 💪🏼 || Barbarian - Feral Rage 🐺 (Wolfhowl) || Zon - Maul 🐻 (Beast Runeword) || Paladin - Maul 🐻 (Beast Runeword)
➜ A challenge will be best 2/3 sets, first to 6 must win each set by 2 duels.
➜ You may change gear twice during a set and once between each set (announce as Swap #1 or Swap #2)
➜ Using a token mid-challenge is not allowed.

Challenge system please read before issuing new challenges

➜ Want to be added to the ladder? Please post your JSP name/Character name/type of character (maximum of 2 characters per player)
➜ You are allowed to challenge 1-2 ranks above you until you get to #3. At #3, you win both to get to #1.
➜ To issue a challenge you must pm your opponent, then post in thread.
➜ If you issue a challenge and win, you must wait 12 hours to issue another challenge. If you issue a challenge and lose you must wait 24 hours to issue another challenge, or 48 hours to re-challenge the same person.
➜ If you are challenged and win, you can issue a challenge immediately. If you are challenged and lose, you must wait 24 hours to issue a challenge.
➜ 4-Day Dodge rule NO EXCEPTIONS (AFK, No-reply, No-show = Auto-loss) 2 consecutive Dodges = Removed from ladder.
➜ If you cannot complete your challenge on time, it is your responsibility to PM your challenger to inform them and then post in thread asking for an extension. If you fail to do this dodge rule will be enforced. *= Dodge
➜ If neither of you post why it wasn't completed, its a dodge for the challenged individual. NO EXCEPTIONS.
➜ GM melee rules apply to all duels. If you have any questions about the rules, post.

Prohibitions

- Do not commit acts of bad manner.
- Do not pot.
- Do not run.
- Do not use slow.
- Do not enchant.
- Do not angle (Both parallel to the town door or brickwork in the Inner Cloister)
- Do not pre-buff (War Cries, Shifter Forms & Oak/Wolverine exceptions to this rule)
- Do not use any gear with the modifier 'X Poison Damage Over X Seconds'.
- Do not use gear with the 'knockback' modifier.
- Do not use items that emit auras which affect player vs. player and cause physical and/or elemental damage.
- Do not cast item/torch charges.
- Do not use any gear that casts an elemental skill over level five (Hellfire Torch & Fortitude exceptions to this rule)
- Do not use any gear casts a slow
- Do not use any gear that casts curses
- Do not use any ethereal gear with durability without a repair/replenish mod or Zod rune (Breakable Gear)
- Do not use any weapon with more than 300 total elemental damage

List of Banned Items includes but is not limited to:

Weapons - Runewords
Grief
Doom
Eternity
Death
Phoenix
Hand of Justice
Plague

Weapons - Uniques
Cranebeak (War Spike)
Hell Slayer (Decapitator)
Messerschmidt's Reaver (Champion Axe)
Fleshripper (Fanged Knifte)
Nord's Tenderizer (Truncheon)
Demon Limb (Tyrant Club)
Baranar's Star (Devil Star)
Horizon's Tornado (Scourge)
Stormlash (Scourge)
Schaefer's Hammer (Legendary Mallet)
Windhammer (Ogre Maul)
Astreon's Iron Ward (Caduceus)
Djinn Slayer (Ataghan)
Lightsabre (Phase Blade)
Azurewrath (Phase Blade)
Frostwind (Cryptic Sword)
Flamebellow (Balrog Blade)

Armors - Runewords
Phoenix
Dream
Dragon

Armors - Uniques/Sets
Nosferatu's Coil (Vampirefang Belt)
Arachnid Mesh (Spiderweb Sash)
Cleglaw's Pincers (Set gloves)
Andariel's Visage (Demonhead)
Blackhorn's Face (Death Mask)
Giant Skull (Bone Visage)
Dracul's Grasp (Vampire Gloves)

Special Mention

➜Starting Duel - Shift/Attack (swing to go) to initiate a duel. Both saying "go" in chat at the same time also acceptable if agreed upon before hand.
➜Miss-Clicking - Continue fighting.
➜Glitched Strength - Auto DQ will result if you die and can't pick up gear.
➜Chilling Armor - Must not be on prior to a duel, referee or other dueler to kill off surviving player with chilling armor.
➜Running into/during Duel - Point awarded to opponent.
➜Draws - If neither player survives a walk back to town, counts as a draw. No point awarded to either player.
➜Difficulty - Due to Oak sage not being physical immune, Duels are to be held in normal. Sages may be recast upon destruction, during the duel.
➜Shockwave referees are not required nor should be needed. Conc, Maul & Feral Rage are single target abilities and will not target Oak Sages/Heart of Wolverines; likewise summons are NOT to be targeted.
➜Re-shifting is not allowed; if unshifted then duel is done.

Sign-Ups
Minhaz (Legendary Melee) - Maro - Maul 🐻
Minhaz (Legendary Melee) - Guli - Bearzon 🐻
Koston (Olympia( - Nightshade - Bearzon 🐻
IQLimited (Barbarian) - Gavel - Conc 💪🏼

Check out all the other D2:R Melee Ladders!
Softcore Melee Ladder
King of Zeal
Nontap Zealot Ladder
Shapeshift Ladder
Rare & Crafted
Magic Only Ladder

This post was edited by Minhaz on Dec 8 2022 06:53pm
Gold: 28,580.00
Dec 8 2022 06:48pm
Confirming my sign-up for bearzon and also status as admin, thanks for posting Min. Very excited for this.

As first post I would like to encourage Conc Barbs to sign up for this Ladder. As far as we know, these all should be fair, even, and fun match-ups for Concs, which has historically been an issue for Concs in D2R. It could be that this would be a nice home for concs to compete in official duels where all match ups feel fair.
Gold: 17,994.00
Dec 10 2022 09:16am
IQLimited / Gavel / Conc (Barbarian) ❤️
Dec 14 2022 03:49am
If we dont get more signups, will probably not start this January 3rd 2023 and likely push it off until reset!
Gold: 28,580.00
Dec 14 2022 10:16pm
Quote (Minhaz @ Dec 14 2022 01:49am)
If we dont get more signups, will probably not start this January 3rd 2023 and likely push it off until reset!

You'd basically have to get conc barbs on board and convince them that these are fun and fair matchups. The way I envisioned this was that it would be D2R's home for conc barbs so they don't have to constantly participate in unfair matchups vs. zeal, jab, and fury. I'm pretty sure these matchups would be completely even but I guess I don't know for sure.
Dec 15 2022 05:38am
Quote (Koston @ 14 Dec 2022 23:16)
You'd basically have to get conc barbs on board and convince them that these are fun and fair matchups. The way I envisioned this was that it would be D2R's home for conc barbs so they don't have to constantly participate in unfair matchups vs. zeal, jab, and fury. I'm pretty sure these matchups would be completely even but I guess I don't know for sure.

Yes when I revitalized this ladder, I told this ladder only survives if all the conc barbs sign up. I was told they would but alas here we are.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 15 2022 05:51am
Please put me on the ladder tentatively.

I will join the ladder, after S2 resets :) I'll be weak and lower leveled, but thats okay!
Dec 15 2022 05:53am
Quote (Yuzu @ 15 Dec 2022 06:51)
Please put me on the ladder tentatively.

I will join the ladder, after S2 resets :) I'll be weak and lower leveled, but thats okay!

As a conc or a maul or what?
Gold: 0.00
Dec 15 2022 05:54am
Quote (Minhaz @ Dec 15 2022 03:53am)
As a conc or a maul or what?

Uh, Conc for now!

Yuzu / Arya / Conc (Barbarian) ❤️

This post was edited by Yuzu on Dec 15 2022 05:54am
Gold: 58,677.59
Dec 15 2022 05:57am
Leicalized / Hork / Conc

This post was edited by Leicalized on Dec 15 2022 05:57am