d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Help With Fps Drops
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,307.69
Dec 7 2022 04:34pm
so I made upgrade, bought RTX 2060 super, sticked it into my computer...

in d2r i got 140fps on ultra high settings in act 5 town, when playing fps barely dropped below 90, I was happy, cs go 120-150fps, (yea still low but probably cpu bottlenecking coz old cpu and cs go is old code - cpu based game)

after restarting computer I launched diablo and it was only 100fps in act 5 town, sometimes when playin (effects etc 30-50 fps).. cs go is like 40-60fps, online unplayable coz i can't aim with that fps well

HELP!

I tried everything, switched on and off intel CPU turbo, enabled gamer mode in windows, switched off fast boot, did sfc scan in for windows integrity, switched off all the nonmicrosoft services in windows, tried various settings in nvidia control panel, switched off DVR, tried to mess up with bios (cpu ... switched off those energy saving features on CPU c1e state c3/6 states) reinstalled drivers, disabled integrated gpu in bios, checked singleplayer games if it's not some network issue), it seems like singleplayer games have also fps drops

it seems like if i restart computer one out of 10 restarts computer behaves ok... once i was grinding all day like 10 hours and no any issues, gpu was showing 100% during gaming in hwinfo, cpu was like 40-60% but I got my high fps...

but now i restarted computer 20 times and still fps drops

how to fix it? what should i try next except reinstalling windows ( I am planning to reinstal windows soon but that's long project , you know :D)?
Gold: 2,971.74
Trader: Mediator
Dec 7 2022 04:59pm
did you use DDU to remove old drivers from your previous gpu and then install new drivers after that?

This post was edited by Candyzcanes on Dec 7 2022 04:59pm
Dec 7 2022 05:51pm
Quote (Candyzcanes @ 7 Dec 2022 23:59)
did you use DDU to remove old drivers from your previous gpu and then install new drivers after that?

nope, I decided to skip that because it seemed to have lot of useless options and text from readme discouraged me :

"Recommended usage:
-You MUST disconnect your internet or completely block Windows Update when running DDU until you have re-installed your new drivers.
-DDU should be used when having a problem uninstalling / installing a driver or when switching GPU brand.
-DDU should not be used every time you install a new driver unless you know what you are doing."

I don't have problem uninstalling and installing drivers

but well maybe i should give it a try but no idea which options to check there :(

General Options
look in "general options" there it seems lot of basic backup options required for run it
only thing i dont know what is is remove vulkan runtime

Nvidia Specific Options
remove c nvidia driver folders - it's just instal files as i know, why this should fix a problem?

geforce experience already removed
physix was reinstaled
i dont have installed control panel from microsoft store

AMD Specific Options
amd options seems also useless excep crimson shader cache folder (dunno what is it)

and rest what it can do? I am not saying there are not some old remaining drivers in my computer which are causing the problem... i just don't see how this can fix it - only if it do also something else except options you check there :D

long story short; i kind of was afraid to run this utility... i dont have good experiences with such utilities

I think my computer had never before radeon card, before i was using gtx 1060 and it seems drivers uninstalled properly, also new drivers seems to be fine, i just uninstalled nvidia experience coz it seemed to be a crap to me

or tell me what to check please just to remove some remains of all old drivers pls

but anyway i dont think it's that issue... any other ideas maybe? :(

e: one of my guesses what could cause problem is maybe actually some weird "feature" which randomly switches on or off along with restarting computer

btw... I noticed (not sure if it's issue) with fps drops my gpu fans are running slightly lower, also voltage is like 140W instead of 175W but just in games, when i runned 3dmark i was drawing like 170W according to hwinfo

This post was edited by Kozacell on Dec 7 2022 05:56pm
Gold: 0.02
Warn: 80%
Dec 7 2022 08:04pm
didnt read
Dec 7 2022 08:49pm
seems like you're really overthinking this utility, when in doubt, just run it with default options? it backs up in case something breaks... how is that concerning?

it literally says right on the buttons. "clean and shutdown for installing a new graphics card". that's not being cryptic.

anyways, what's your psu voltage, are you using one cable pig tailed, or are you using two cables to feed it? you should use two cables from your psu. also make sure you're plugged into a wall outlet and not a power bar - maybe it's not getting the voltage it needs consistently.

also can make sure your monitor is plugged into the GPU and not the motherboard.
can also check temps to make sure it's not thermal throttling

This post was edited by Candyzcanes on Dec 7 2022 08:50pm
Gold: 8,732.50
Dec 8 2022 07:01pm
you need to use DDU to completely remove your old GPU drivers and install new GPU drivers without the conflicts and problems you're having. DDU was made for people that do not know how to do it manually, just with a click of a button.
Gold: 5,000.00
Dec 9 2022 08:59pm
Did you go to NVidia website and download the latest drivers for your gpu?

Whats the rest of your computer specs?
CPU: ?
RAM: ?
SSD: ?
POWER SUPPLY: ?

lmk

This post was edited by NorthTown on Dec 9 2022 08:59pm
Dec 10 2022 06:21pm
Quote (Candyzcanes @ 8 Dec 2022 03:49)
seems like you're really overthinking this utility, when in doubt, just run it with default options? it backs up in case something breaks... how is that concerning?

it literally says right on the buttons. "clean and shutdown for installing a new graphics card". that's not being cryptic.

anyways, what's your psu voltage, are you using one cable pig tailed, or are you using two cables to feed it? you should use two cables from your psu. also make sure you're plugged into a wall outlet and not a power bar - maybe it's not getting the voltage it needs consistently.

also can make sure your monitor is plugged into the GPU and not the motherboard.
can also check temps to make sure it's not thermal throttling

okay so I uninstalled drivers, I did DDU properly in safe mode and after installed newest game ready drivers from 2 days ago downloaded directly from nvidia website and it didn't fix my issue

my psu is corsair RM550x (550W)

what you mean pig tailed cable? anyway rtx 2060 super has just one 8 pin connector (6+2) for supplying power

and ofc as I said I even disabled onboard graphic card so how I can have connected monitor to motherboard if my gpu is disabled in bios, it would not work, right? :D well I am not any computer expert but I am not that much noob tho :P

anyway thx! any help much appreciated

I checked temps they seem to be okay... as I said when computer was working well I was gaming all day just to test it and was no any issue (temps was same as now)

Quote (NorthTown @ 10 Dec 2022 03:59)
Did you go to NVidia website and download the latest drivers for your gpu?

Whats the rest of your computer specs?
CPU: ?
RAM: ?
SSD: ?
POWER SUPPLY: ?

lmk

psu corsair RM550x (550W)

I use ssd harddrive and seems okay

CPU is shite, intel i5-3570k but it doesn't mean anything if it was working before... As I said I am probably littlebit cpu bottlenecking in some games but it's ok... I should have 120-150fps in cs go and now it's like 40-70.. if I had better cpu my fps should be around 200++

RAM is some 16gb (2 modules; 8gb and 8gb)

HELP :(

This post was edited by Kozacell on Dec 10 2022 06:24pm
Dec 10 2022 07:37pm
Quote (Kozacell @ Dec 10 2022 05:21pm)
okay so I uninstalled drivers, I did DDU properly in safe mode and after installed newest game ready drivers from 2 days ago downloaded directly from nvidia website and it didn't fix my issue

my psu is corsair RM550x (550W)

what you mean pig tailed cable? anyway rtx 2060 super has just one 8 pin connector (6+2) for supplying power

and ofc as I said I even disabled onboard graphic card so how I can have connected monitor to motherboard if my gpu is disabled in bios, it would not work, right? :D well I am not any computer expert but I am not that much noob tho :P

anyway thx! any help much appreciated

I checked temps they seem to be okay... as I said when computer was working well I was gaming all day just to test it and was no any issue (temps was same as now)

psu corsair RM550x (550W)

I use ssd harddrive and seems okay

CPU is shite, intel i5-3570k but it doesn't mean anything if it was working before... As I said I am probably littlebit cpu bottlenecking in some games but it's ok... I should have 120-150fps in cs go and now it's like 40-70.. if I had better cpu my fps should be around 200++

RAM is some 16gb (2 modules; 8gb and 8gb)

HELP :(

are you using the PCIE slot closest to your CPU for the GPU?
are you plugged into the wall, not a power bar?
PSU is rated fine for your gpu/cpu combo

if your fans are slowing down when you're lagging it that makes me question if you're in a power bar and experiencing a surge, or if your fan curve is a custom one for your GPU set up incorrectly, or maybe even a failing psu.

This post was edited by Candyzcanes on Dec 10 2022 07:39pm
Dec 10 2022 08:32pm
Quote (Candyzcanes @ 11 Dec 2022 02:37)
are you using the PCIE slot closest to your CPU for the GPU?
are you plugged into the wall, not a power bar?
PSU is rated fine for your gpu/cpu combo

if your fans are slowing down when you're lagging it that makes me question if you're in a power bar and experiencing a surge, or if your fan curve is a custom one for your GPU set up incorrectly, or maybe even a failing psu.

power bar you mean like electricity extension? or what does power bar mean?

well my motherboard has just one pci express slot which gpu could fit, other one is that "half-sized" pcie slot, dunno what's the name xD

my fans are like 2000 rpm on gpu so I don't think it's issue but yea there's something strange, I noticed my fans were like 2500 rpm when my computer was working well, also gpu power usage is lower now like 150watts, before (when all was ok) was 175watts so no idea :(

I hope it's not failing PSU that would suck :(

how to check if PSU is not failing? I got no idea XD

E: I don't use any afterburner or such program for mess up with fans or overclocking

or you think afterburner could help fix my issue?

This post was edited by Kozacell on Dec 10 2022 08:33pm
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll