d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > The Love Of Christ
Closed New Topic
Gold: 2,016.00
Dec 5 2022 11:52pm
“Indeed, I thought it impossible that I would ever attain so much goodness of heart as to thank God that He had made me a human being. Man, indeed, of all creatures in the visible world, is the most noble by creation, but by sin he had made himself the most ignoble. The beasts, birds, fishes, and the rest – I blessed their condition, for they did not have a sinful nature. They were not offensive to the wrath of God. They were not going to go to hell fire after death. I could therefore have rejoiced if my condition had been as any of theirs.

I continued in this [kind of thinking] for a great while, but when I thought I would find comfort, I heard someone preach a sermon upon those words in Song of Solomon 4:1: “How beautiful you are, my darling, how beautiful you are!” But at that time he made these two words, My darling, his main subject matter, and after he had explained the text a little, he preached from these points:

1, Christ loves the church and so loves every saved soul, even when seemingly loveless.
2. Christ loves without a cause.
3. Christ loves when hated by the world.
4. Christ loves when we are under temptation and under desertion.
5. Christ loves from first to last.

Excerpt From
Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners
John Bunyan
https://books.apple.com/us/book/grace-abounding-to-the-chief-of-sinners/id1326314505
This material may be protected by copyright.
Gold: 1,339.70
Warn: 10%
Dec 6 2022 05:33pm
What is the purpose of him loving everyone and everything?
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 60%
Dec 8 2022 08:34pm
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Dec 6 2022 03:33pm)
What is the purpose of him loving everyone and everything?

He doesn't love everything. He hates evil.
Dec 8 2022 11:58pm
Quote (DCEVO @ Dec 9 2022 03:34am)
He doesn't love everything. He hates evil.

Then why did he create evil? And dont say he didnt.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 60%
Dec 9 2022 01:03am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Dec 8 2022 09:58pm)
Then why did he create evil? And dont say he didnt.

He didn't. We did. Unless you want to show me a verse from the bible that says otherwise? Free will.

There is

“I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create evil; I, the Lord, do all these things.” (Isaiah 45:7).

The absence of good is evil.

Jeremiah 18:11 Now therefore go to, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I frame evil [or disaster] against you, and devise a device against you: return now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good.

When God creates evil, it is because we deserved it.

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

God uses evil to direct us back to good.

This post was edited by DCEVO on Dec 9 2022 01:09am
Dec 9 2022 01:18am
Quote (DCEVO @ Dec 9 2022 08:03am)
He didn't. We did. Unless you want to show me a verse from the bible that says otherwise? Free will.

There is

“I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create evil; I, the Lord, do all these things.” (Isaiah 45:7).

The absence of good is evil.

Jeremiah 18:11 Now therefore go to, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I frame evil [or disaster] against you, and devise a device against you: return now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good.

When God creates evil, it is because we deserved it.

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

God uses evil to direct us back to good.

Everything we did, he did. Dont try to talk him out of it. He made us, dude. What we deserve is what he deserves. Its his fault, not ours. Dont be stupid.

Someone who created EVERYTHING is responsable for everything. We are not only his children, we are his creation.

There is a big difference. If we have flaws, its his flaws.
Its pretty simple.

The existence of evil is only God's fault. Not anyone elses.

This post was edited by Modulok2405 on Dec 9 2022 01:41am
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Closed New Topic