d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Culinary Arts > Coffee Syrup Recipes
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,025.00
Nov 28 2022 02:29pm
I am looking for your favorite coffee syrup recipes. Must be made with ingredients at home and bonus points for low glycemic index.

I currently make vanilla with a vanilla bean, brown sugar, cane sugar, vanilla extract, and citric acid as a preservative.

Hoping to get some input from different cultures/ethnicities to be able to elevate my coffee game and enjoy a new take on my favorite beverage.
Gold: 1,453.85
Nov 30 2022 05:39pm
Brown sugar and cane sugar are probably better than regular refined white sugar but they still have high glycemic index. I think the best way to go is to forego all sugar. No stevia, no sugar alcohol, nothing. Your creamer won't taste as good but it will be a lot healthier for you.

Also, you shouldn't need a preservative if your creamer is home-made. You should be able to finish it in a few days.
Nov 30 2022 11:18pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Nov 30 2022 06:39pm)
Brown sugar and cane sugar are probably better than regular refined white sugar but they still have high glycemic index. I think the best way to go is to forego all sugar. No stevia, no sugar alcohol, nothing. Your creamer won't taste as good but it will be a lot healthier for you.

Also, you shouldn't need a preservative if your creamer is home-made. You should be able to finish it in a few days.

Appreciate the feedback. It's not a creamer it's a syrup so the alternative would be vanilla extract, water, and a vanilla bean... I make about a half gallon at a time so it lasts about 3 weeks for me. Still looking for different ideas about how you all like your coffee!
Gold: 1,453.85
Dec 1 2022 03:12pm
Oops, you did say syrup. I read wrong.
Gold: 49,200.89
Dec 2 2022 01:37pm
I grow fresh stevia, then make it into a tincture which I cook down on low to produce non-alcoholic liquid stevia sweetener.
Experimented with things like vanilla, orange peel, lemon peel, Spearmint, peppermint.

Sometimes I'll include one or more of these in the tincture before I cook it down, but that can sometimes extract more bitter flavors. I've had some better results adding things right at the end of the process, then fishing them out. No bitter taste and there is still some of that flavor.

Makes a low calorie flavor with a nice sweetness.
If I'm looking for super sweet, I'll use honey.

Coffee Addict :drool:
Dec 3 2022 08:56am
Quote (Mondain @ Dec 2 2022 02:37pm)
I grow fresh stevia, then make it into a tincture which I cook down on low to produce non-alcoholic liquid stevia sweetener.
Experimented with things like vanilla, orange peel, lemon peel, Spearmint, peppermint.

Sometimes I'll include one or more of these in the tincture before I cook it down, but that can sometimes extract more bitter flavors. I've had some better results adding things right at the end of the process, then fishing them out. No bitter taste and there is still some of that flavor.

Makes a low calorie flavor with a nice sweetness.
If I'm looking for super sweet, I'll use honey.

Coffee Addict :drool:

Love the Idea! Thank you for giving me something to try on my own
Go Back To Culinary Arts Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll