d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > This Is How Satan Dealt With Me
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 9,716.00
Nov 27 2022 01:10am
“Satan is loath to part with a great sinner.

“What, my true servant?” says Satan. “My old servant, will you forsake me now? Having so often sold yourself to me to work wickedness, will you forsake me now? You horrible wretch, do you not know that you have sinned beyond the reach of grace, and do you think that you can find mercy now? Are you not a murderer, a thief, a harlot, a witch, a sinner of the greatest size, and do you look for mercy now? Do you think that Christ will defile His fingers with you? It is enough to make angels blush,” Satan says, “to see so repulsive a one knock at heaven’s gate for mercy, and will you be so abominably bold to do it?”

“This is how Satan dealt with me,” says the great sinner, “when I first came to Jesus Christ.”

“And what did you reply?” asked the one who was being tempted.

“Why, I agreed that what was said about me was indeed true,” says the other.

“And did you despair, or what did you do?”

“No,” said the great sinner. “I said I am Magdalene, I am Zacchaeus, I am the thief, I am the harlot, I am the publican, I am the prodigal, and one of Christ’s murderers; yes, worse than any of these, and yet God was so far off from rejecting me, as I learned later, that there was music and dancing in His house for me, and great joy that I had come home to Him.”

“O blessed be God for grace,” says the other, “for then I hope there is favor for me.”

Excerpt From
Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners
John Bunyan
https://books.apple.com/us/book/grace-abounding-to-the-chief-of-sinners/id1326314505
This material may be protected by copyright.
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Add Reply New Topic