d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Fg For Help With Excel Formulas
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,000.00
Nov 23 2022 07:05pm
background: I do not have formal training in excel, I've learned a fair bit about formulas via google and raw anger, and I do like it, but no actual training.

issue:

I track a large amount of people (say 3000 but the number fluctuates regularly) that are required to do something once a fiscal year on or before the month they were born.

the workbook I'm working from has a column with their date of birth, and a column with the date they completed the required task (which is blank until they complete it, we use a new sheet each FY)

what I want is to write a couple formulas that result in a legend with the following stats:

Amount due (just sum of how many people have birth months from Apr - the current month (obviously this formula needs to work right in jan-mar timeframe as well...)
Amount Complete (simple COUNTA on the completed column, dont need a formula here)
Amount Overdue (number of people whose birth month is prior to this month (this fiscal year not calendar), that have nothing in the "date completed" column)
Amount Outstanding FY22/23 (the total number of people that haven't done one this FY, I know I could count-if-blank, but how do I know what to put for an end range when people are coming and going, the "bottom" of the list moves? assuming there's a fancy way of only going to the bottom of your data but not sure what that is)

as you can probably tell from my wording, I'm in way over my head here, fg to someone who can help! (Unfortunately, I won't be able to use a formula if I can't explain how it works, that being said once I see it and can google the parts of it, I'll probably be able to make sense of it, but explain like I'm 5 if you can lol)

Gold: 2,971.74
Trader: Mediator
Nov 23 2022 07:24pm
might have better luck here
https://forums.d2jsp.org/forum.php?f=124

with sliding bottoms you'll probably need a macro enabled VB excel sheet but not 100% on that
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll