d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > What The Fud?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Nov 22 2022 08:29pm
There's a lot of negativity about D4. Mostly in regards to people believing it's a limited and surface level Diablo experience.

And... When I first hit 100 I couldn't agree more. But then I kept going.

My main beta friend and I were both getting cold feet about the game. It just wasn't fun. It felt super basic and pointless.. but we kept going. And I'm hify as fuck that we did.

A three step process occurred for me, him, and a couple other people we frequently played with into tier100 and competitive pvp levels:

1) Leveled our glyphs to 21 and realized that glyphs are (by fucking far) the most powerful things in the game.
2) Got enough Paragon points to utilize 5 glyphs without too much sacrifice. (Those last 20pts mattered a ton!)
3) Realized every skill had become viable enough to use at close to tier100 content.

After you go through this process, and truly max out your character's potential, the search for perfect synergies between glyphs, gear, and skill combinations becomes exciting and limitless feeling.

The game seems reverse engineered from t100 level builds that the plebs at Blizz put together, which is fine but that would explain the cause of everything feeling so shitty/obvious/imbalanced before reaching max Paragon/glyphs.

You will get to a point where you don't even feel the need to use the completely broken aspects (like 3resource=1% life aspect, or the barrier when over 100% health aspect, or even the grandfather sword / 2% DMG per resource on main weapon.) You are free, because your character has so many damn good options it just feels limitless. The passives, aspects, and skills you used to view as shitty now become perfect for new and GFG builds.

At this point it feels like a whole new amazing game. It's incredible. And I'm sad to see nothing but fud around.

Can't wait to fucking PvP once the bugs are gone.
Gold: 4,295.00
Nov 23 2022 06:42am
Quote (musclemagic @ 22 Nov 2022 18:29)
At this point it feels like a whole new amazing game. It's incredible. And I'm sad to see nothing but fud around.

Can't wait to fucking PvP once the bugs are gone.

Because the game is an absolute boring, soulless, snore-fest. There's literally no end game content, itemization is terrible, and pvp is a joke. You are the only person I've heard that has positive things to say. I guess it's a fun game if you enjoy meaningless grinds, D3 style loot, and boring arpgs.

At this point you are either 1) Troll 2) Blizzard Shill or 3) Blizzard Employee

It's people like you that AAA companies make games like this, you have been brainwashed to think this is acceptable.
Gold: 85,311.69
Warn: 10%
Nov 23 2022 04:12pm
trash itemization, trash trade
Nov 23 2022 04:16pm
Quote (ownyaah @ Nov 23 2022 02:12pm)
trash itemization, trash trade

I mean.. tons more build varieties and tons more trading than in D2, but okay.
Gold: 15,945.00
Nov 23 2022 04:32pm
Quote (SyndicateGt @ Nov 23 2022 04:42am)
Because the game is an absolute boring, soulless, snore-fest. There's literally no end game content, itemization is terrible, and pvp is a joke. You are the only person I've heard that has positive things to say. I guess it's a fun game if you enjoy meaningless grinds, D3 style loot, and boring arpgs.

It's people like you that AAA companies make games like this, you have been brainwashed to think this is acceptable.

based
Gold: 85,311.69
Warn: 10%
Nov 23 2022 04:42pm
Quote (musclemagic @ Nov 24 2022 01:16am)
I mean.. tons more build varieties and tons more trading than in D2, but okay.

there used to be ppl peddling that shit about d3, then it dived into oblivion
Nov 23 2022 07:30pm
Quote (ownyaah @ Nov 23 2022 02:42pm)
there used to be ppl peddling that shit about d3, then it dived into oblivion

To be fair, D3 does have more build options than D2 (even at launch it did) and if they had delivered what was promised it could have been good. Instead they went the complete opposite direction with gear becoming untradable and sets creating your builds for you.. and yeah.. d3 is shit.

D4 is shit until you get all your Paragon points, glyphs maxed, and start using all the kajillion different build options. It's fun AF.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 24 2022 03:17am
Quote (SyndicateGt @ Nov 23 2022 01:42pm)

agree

and he is nr 1

This post was edited by Crystal87 on Nov 24 2022 03:18am
Gold: 4,295.00
Nov 24 2022 08:10am
Quote (musclemagic @ 23 Nov 2022 17:30)
TD4 is shit until you get all your Paragon points, glyphs maxed, and start using all the kajillion different build options. It's fun AF.

I respectfully disagree. I made it to 100 on a Rogue and all others to 70+

Maxing glyphs werer no different than D3 GRs maxing legendary gems. Who has fun doing that???

While you had several build options, everything is homogenized when you look at it from a macro level. There's nothing a Necro can do that a Barb can't when it comes to applying buffs and debuffs.

Instead of a kajillion build options (which I disagree with), everyone will gravitate to the meta in a few weeks after launch. Want to switch builds on the fly? Well my friend...have fun leveling new glyphs again in those same boring ass dungeons.

There's nothing fun about end game, it's the same grindy shit you did to reach 100. Hopefully they fix pvp and this will change.

...so yea atm D4 is shit like you said.

**End rant. I been playing Diablo since 1997 and have fond memories of playing D2 with my college roomates. I put maybe 15,000 hours into the franchise and want to see it succeed. The current state of D4 (gaming in general) saddens me, I just hope Blizzard takes our feedback to heart.

This post was edited by SyndicateGt on Nov 24 2022 08:20am
Nov 24 2022 08:30am
Quote (SyndicateGt @ Nov 24 2022 06:10am)
I respectfully disagree. I made it to 100 on a Rogue and all others to 70+

Maxing glyphs werer no different than D3 GRs maxing legendary gems. Who has fun doing that???

While you had several build options, everything is homogenized when you look at it from a macro level. There's nothing a Necro can do that a Barb can't when it comes to applying buffs and debuffs.

Instead of a kajillion build options (which I disagree with), everyone will gravitate to the meta in a few weeks after launch. Want to switch builds on the fly? Well my friend...have fun leveling new glyphs again in those same boring ass dungeons.

There's nothing fun about end game, it's the same grindy shit you did to reach 100. Hopefully they fix pvp and this will change.

...so yea atm D4 is shit like you said.

**End rant. I been playing Diablo since 1997 and have fond memories of playing D2 with my college roomates. I put maybe 15,000 hours into the franchise and want to see it succeed. The current state of D4 (gaming in general) saddens me, I just hope Blizzard takes our feedback to heart.

Even on one class different builds feel very different. A bow, melee, or trapper rogue all play very differently. I'm unsure how you can justify saying Barb&Nec are the same when they're super different.

Necro can give party-wide shouts? Barb can give minion meat shields?

Y'all are weird.
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll