d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > World Cup 2022 Discussion
Prev1133134135
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,570.91
Dec 24 2022 08:31am
Quote (fender @ 23 Dec 2022 13:13)
i'm more interested in which teams specifically you consider "faithful reflections" of their respective nations and what characteristic made them so.
for example, was germany 2014 such a case, and how did that team differ from our '18 and '22 teams, in terms of faithfully reflecting the nation? what about spain in recent tournaments as opposed to your team from 15 years ago?

that teams play better when they are motivated and get a lot of support is hardly something worth noting, i'm curious about your society characteristic claims. maybe giving me some examples could help me understand how you think they are related?

Well, Mill is right, it's not something that applies only to national teams, but also clubs, my bad.

See how you get a dirty manager like Simeone managing a traditionally dirty club with savage fans like Atlético, there's an excellent synergy (or rather, was, since he's finished now, but he's been 12 years in charge). Bayern always seems scarier when their managers are spewing their traditional arrongance. Barcelona crumbles whenever they stray away from cruyffist philosophy, etc....

Obviosuly if your manager is trash, nothing is going to work (see how Maradona, the embodiment of argentinian culture, had a mediocre spell as a national manager), etc.

At the end of the day, it's important that the team and manager understand the culture of their fanbase, and if they are a faithful reflection of it, there will always be a good synergy, which will help them peak.

Right now national teams like the spanish or german ones, imo seem to lack charisma and appeal to their people. This doesn't help them tbh.
Gold: 550.00
Dec 25 2022 05:25am
Quote (zarkadon @ Dec 24 2022 09:31am)
Well, Mill is right, it's not something that applies only to national teams, but also clubs, my bad.

See how you get a dirty manager like Simeone managing a traditionally dirty club with savage fans like Atlético, there's an excellent synergy (or rather, was, since he's finished now, but he's been 12 years in charge). Bayern always seems scarier when their managers are spewing their traditional arrongance. Barcelona crumbles whenever they stray away from cruyffist philosophy, etc....

Obviosuly if your manager is trash, nothing is going to work (see how Maradona, the embodiment of argentinian culture, had a mediocre spell as a national manager), etc.

At the end of the day, it's important that the team and manager understand the culture of their fanbase, and if they are a faithful reflection of it, there will always be a good synergy, which will help them peak.

Right now national teams like the spanish or german ones, imo seem to lack charisma and appeal to their people. This doesn't help them tbh.

That's generally a rule for life. You want to make sure the candidate fits the atmosphere of the project. You wouldn't see Dwayne Johnson excelling in an oscar worthy drama.
Gold: 751.50
Dec 25 2022 08:37am
Quote (zarkadon @ Dec 24 2022 03:31pm)

can confirm, bayern needs that attitude and thats why for example ancelotti or kovac were not a fit in munich

our national team has become a bunch of entitled brats, the dfb completely alienated the team from the fans, its like they are avoiding them, because they might disturb the precious players

the classic virtues that gave us 4 stars are gone, no wonder nobody likes our team
Gold: 5,100.00
Dec 25 2022 01:48pm
Quote (JohnnyMcCoy @ 25 Dec 2022 15:37)

our national team has become a bunch of entitled brats

Who exactly are you talking about here?
And how does that differ to club level?
Gold: 751.50
Dec 25 2022 07:41pm
Quote (Andi @ Dec 25 2022 08:48pm)
Who exactly are you talking about here?
And how does that differ to club level?

everyone except musiala, this kid just delivers

of course you want to talk about the bayern players and i explicitly include them here

they walk around like they own the place, play nowhere near club level and believe they are owed support for just existing

Gold: 57.00
Dec 26 2022 01:59am
Quote (zarkadon @ 24 Dec 2022 09:31)

agree here. ethos tends to win out in competitions such as these. that said the very concept ethos gets mixed in with and confused with modern nonsense (ironically pathos) all the time.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 28 2022 05:47pm
Messi GOAT
Gold: 2.66
Dec 30 2022 07:35pm
I had no idea that the world’s best player was into lady bois.
In other words, Mbappe was dating a transgender.

https://amp.marca.com/en/world-cup/2022/12/16/639c050fca4741da138b45a9.html
Gold: 550.00
Dec 30 2022 10:39pm
Quote (Malignanttumor666 @ Dec 30 2022 08:35pm)
I had no idea that the world’s best player was into lady bois.
In other words, Mbappe was dating a transgender.

https://amp.marca.com/en/world-cup/2022/12/16/639c050fca4741da138b45a9.html

Isn't this different though? Since she underwent surgery?
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev1133134135
Add Reply New Topic New Poll