d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Ashwagandha
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,803.00
Dec 14 2022 09:02pm
Quote (Neptunus @ Nov 26 2022 03:01am)
Probably not worth it. Doesnt really break the headlines in any credible medical circles/journals. My stance is to avoid, its probably harmless but 1) there are a few known supplements (idk about ashwagandha) that can cause liver and kidney problems 2) you would save money. These arent usually cheap.

Creatine is good and pretty safe as far as i know, followed by protein supplements (just to hit macros) and possibly vitamin D if living in areas of low sun, especially if dark-skinned.

Yeah after trying it for a few weeks, it started giving me terrible nausea. It does have a decent chunk of evidence supporting it as far as sleep quality, reducing stress and cortisol. I was taking 2 ~500-600 mg pills a day, which was probably too much and causing me the nausea.

https://examine.com/supplements/ashwagandha/#dosage-information shows some clear benefits to taking it. But little is known about its long term effects (to my knowledge). Creatine remains king.
Gold: 6.66
Dec 15 2022 02:34pm
Quote (tommyd323 @ Dec 15 2022 05:02am)
Yeah after trying it for a few weeks, it started giving me terrible nausea. It does have a decent chunk of evidence supporting it as far as sleep quality, reducing stress and cortisol. I was taking 2 ~500-600 mg pills a day, which was probably too much and causing me the nausea.

https://examine.com/supplements/ashwagandha/#dosage-information shows some clear benefits to taking it. But little is known about its long term effects (to my knowledge). Creatine remains king.

If its not on Pubmed and starts with mentioning its relevance in Ayurveda, i dont think its a credible source :p (i opened the link)

Theres plenty of studies supporting x, y and z being published in shit tier journals, which i wont even call academic because theyre mostly predatory, but they arent necessarily good studies. I would mostly trust only respected journals. No ashwagandha-related studies have breached the threshold of mainstream medicine. Im work in the field.
Gold: 1,803.00
Dec 15 2022 06:33pm
Quote (Neptunus @ Dec 15 2022 02:34pm)
If its not on Pubmed and starts with mentioning its relevance in Ayurveda, i dont think its a credible source :p (i opened the link)

Theres plenty of studies supporting x, y and z being published in shit tier journals, which i wont even call academic because theyre mostly predatory, but they arent necessarily good studies. I would mostly trust only respected journals. No ashwagandha-related studies have breached the threshold of mainstream medicine. Im work in the field.

Examine is pretty well respected in distributing what evidence says and summing it up for people.

As usual @Examinecom does a great job breaking down the new study linking 'muscle building supplements' to cancer examine.com/blog/do-muscle…-Layne Norton

Also a quick search showed quite a few links to pubmed articles on Ashwagandha.

This post was edited by tommyd323 on Dec 15 2022 06:35pm
Gold: 6.66
Dec 18 2022 02:58am
Quote (tommyd323 @ Dec 16 2022 02:33am)
Examine is pretty well respected in distributing what evidence says and summing it up for people.

As usual @Examinecom does a great job breaking down the new study linking 'muscle building supplements' to cancer examine.com/blog/do-muscle…-Layne Norton

Also a quick search showed quite a few links to pubmed articles on Ashwagandha.

Yea but none have ever broken through to clinical practice. Trust me, if the evidence was of high quality and compelling, it would be in use.

I stand corrected in terms of Examine. I went through the abstracts some of the studies considered the most powerful(randomized controlled trials, double blind) though and these were on anxiolytic effects, and the quality of the abstracts was imo lacking, it doesnt mention statistical and clinical significance and overall the evidence is tentative imo. One of them isnt mentioned where its published and the other is from an Indian journal Its quote reasonable to assume an Indian journal could have a bias towards traditional Indian medicine.
Gold: 1,211.01
Jan 14 2023 02:38pm
I feel like it makes me emotionless toward my girlfriend lol
so I cycle it on and off
gains wise idk
Gold: 500.00
Jan 30 2023 12:43pm
if your goal is test increase, a study was done drinking 2 ounce onion juice everyday showing 200+% increase in testosterone, small sample size but I’ve personally been on this and noticed crazy gainz
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll