Updated drivers and started getting BSOD regarding drivers

Currently at work doing research for this

Build:

Ryzen 7 5800x
Msi x570 TUF wifi
64 gb corsair vengeance ddr4 ram
Samsung evo 970

I believe I'm having conflicts with the CPU + mobo bios
It doesn't seem I can flash bios update for this mobo so after work I'm going to try plug-in in my portable optic drive to install the CD that came with the mobo and reinstall clean OS.

After blue screen of death I tried important windows updates
Now my PC won't even turn on my monitor (32 inch curved msi monitor)

Also going to try a standard 60 hz monitor hoping that one will show.

Does anyone know the correct updates for these two parts to work properly?

ive built over 20+ rigs and have never had issues as much as this one. Wondering if I should get a completely diff board at this point.

Some forums say to temporarily use a 3000 series ryxen to flash bios then install my 5800x which seems ridiculous

This post was edited by Respond on Nov 18 2022 09:16am
Gold: 2,971.74
Trader: Mediator
Nov 18 2022 01:44pm
doesn't even boot into safe mode? Start your computer, and press F8 repeatedly before the Windows logo occurs. Then, it will lead you to the Advanced Boot Options with several available options. You can select Safe Mode.
if your mobo has integrated graphics you can try plugging it into the mobo and see if it launches, would narrow it down to a gpu driver issue if thats the case, could be your cable your using too
every bios can be flashed by some means, usually they need a usb with the firmware. can you get the bios file onto a usb and try flashing that?
is your pc plugged directly into a wall outlet

if you can get into safe mode, run DDU (display driver uninstall), you can also restore your windows to a previous point.
also if you can get into safe mode, run BlueScreenView (3rd party program) and post what it says the error was that caused your BSOD

from what i see a MSI x570 TUF doesn't exist, do you mean asus?
instructions to flash:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2QKlWpfXfY

This post was edited by Candyzcanes on Nov 18 2022 01:50pm
Gold: 0.24
Nov 18 2022 05:47pm
Quote (Candyzcanes @ Nov 18 2022 01:44pm)
doesn't even boot into safe mode? Start your computer, and press F8 repeatedly before the Windows logo occurs. Then, it will lead you to the Advanced Boot Options with several available options. You can select Safe Mode.
if your mobo has integrated graphics you can try plugging it into the mobo and see if it launches, would narrow it down to a gpu driver issue if thats the case, could be your cable your using too
every bios can be flashed by some means, usually they need a usb with the firmware. can you get the bios file onto a usb and try flashing that?

if you can get into safe mode, run DDU (display driver uninstall), you can also restore your windows to a previous point.
also if you can get into safe mode, run BlueScreenView (3rd party program) and post what it says the error was that caused your BSOD

instructions to flash:

currently won't even boot now. I believe I installed the incorrect network frameworks while using the 1909 spectre OS.

Can't get into safe mode either. Half the time the monitor won't come on, sometimes it does :/

currently can get into bios and that's it lol

trying to figure out a way to clean install but now it won't even boot my windows usb

This post was edited by Respond on Nov 18 2022 05:52pm
Nov 18 2022 10:40pm
Quote (Candyzcanes @ Nov 18 2022 01:44pm)

instructions to flash:

cant boot to safe mode and continuously just bsod looping
Decided the mobo might be bricked so I grabbed a msi b550 pro and same problem somehow transferred over. Immediate bsod trying to use my bootable flash drive.
I'm at a lost as of what to try. Even removed my ssd and tried a blank drive with little success 5+ hours later :/
Nov 19 2022 07:40pm
Quote (Respond @ Nov 18 2022 09:40pm)
cant boot to safe mode and continuously just bsod looping
Decided the mobo might be bricked so I grabbed a msi b550 pro and same problem somehow transferred over. Immediate bsod trying to use my bootable flash drive.
I'm at a lost as of what to try. Even removed my ssd and tried a blank drive with little success 5+ hours later :/

there is a power cycle way to get into safe mode too, have you tried that? when you boot as soon as you see the windows logo hold power button for 10 seconds, do this twice, then itll try to boot into recovery
i'd try disconnecting all USB connections except for your keyboard and mouse and only use your motherboard USBs. sometimes usb drivers can cause these errors
Gold: 24,401.00
Nov 19 2022 10:43pm
if i were you and this is a brand new built system that has never worked before an started having these issues as soon as you turned it on, then i would first re-verify that all the components were compatible out the box.
if you can load into bios an all your components are there showing in bios then its possibly a corrupted hard drive. it could also be a bad ram stick or slot. try booting with just one ram stick and try and new hard drive.
Nov 20 2022 12:09am
Quote (UsEr_SeLeCtEd @ Nov 19 2022 10:43pm)
if i were you and this is a brand new built system that has never worked before an started having these issues as soon as you turned it on, then i would first re-verify that all the components were compatible out the box.
if you can load into bios an all your components are there showing in bios then its possibly a corrupted hard drive. it could also be a bad ram stick or slot. try booting with just one ram stick and try and new hard drive.

Quote (Candyzcanes @ Nov 19 2022 07:40pm)
there is a power cycle way to get into safe mode too, have you tried that? when you boot as soon as you see the windows logo hold power button for 10 seconds, do this twice, then itll try to boot into recovery
i'd try disconnecting all USB connections except for your keyboard and mouse and only use your motherboard USBs. sometimes usb drivers can cause these errors

tried another 2 hard drives even, with only 2 confirmed working ram sticks and basically no periphs and still getting bsod
I was thinking it was the net framework errors since that was the bsod errors mostly but I went to the store and tried another mobo (msi b550 pro or something) and same thing, couldn't load confirmed working USB even after flashing bios to make sure it works with the ryzen 7 5800x
So now returning the CPU for a new one because I believe it was probably damaged when I first built it the water cooler pump was malfunctioning and only half the pump was clogged :/
Pray the new CPU works with flashed asus board when it comes in
Nov 20 2022 12:53pm
Quote (Respond @ Nov 19 2022 11:09pm)
tried another 2 hard drives even, with only 2 confirmed working ram sticks and basically no periphs and still getting bsod
I was thinking it was the net framework errors since that was the bsod errors mostly but I went to the store and tried another mobo (msi b550 pro or something) and same thing, couldn't load confirmed working USB even after flashing bios to make sure it works with the ryzen 7 5800x
So now returning the CPU for a new one because I believe it was probably damaged when I first built it the water cooler pump was malfunctioning and only half the pump was clogged :/
Pray the new CPU works with flashed asus board when it comes in

GL, and do try the remove usb's thing i mentioned seems like it wouldnt cause it but ive had USB ports actually fail because they're shorting out in cases or the device shit the bed
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll