d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Returning Player
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 56.07
Nov 12 2022 06:17pm
I played for a bit a long while back, and I want to give it another try.

I read all the guides I could find. I also read this post https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=80974034&f=74&v=1.

Are those prices still accurate? Can anyone tell me what items/stats are worth a lot of fg? Seems to be pretty much just anything with high ee (not sure how much is enough to make things valuable).
Nov 12 2022 11:42pm
also, I am sticking with Barbarian using warhammer because it seems to be cheaper.

Any recommendations if I shouldn't go with warhammer?
Recommendations on other gear?
What abilities should I use?
Should I sink all stat points into strength?
Gold: 16,643.48
Nov 13 2022 04:16am
Barbarian is generally the best choice for starting off

So there's 2 issues with warhammers:

1. They attack at half the speed of non heavy weapons (which is possibly why you looked at it in the first place)
2. They're extremely rare so getting lvl 30+ warhammers will be very difficult.

What you should be looking at is getting the highest amount of damage possible for your level and consider heavy weapons to be halved (they're slightly better than this, but honestly heavies are rarely the best choice)
Usually this is the highest level weapon you can use with the highest amount of ee you can buy, as a level 30 weapon with 50ee, will deal more damage than a level 20 weapon with 80ee. I explain a little more here: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=82816922&f=74
But in general just check the marketplace and go with whatever deals the most damage, but this guide is more useful when buying items off of the forums, as you'll find in many situations there is no upgrade for sale on the market. A lot of players have a lot of gear stashed away.
Swords/axes/clubs are all basically viable options, so just go with what deals the most damage.

For what sells i recommend this: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=96505279&f=272
It's somewhere close to what you'll actually find which has value, level 15 with 5 stats? sells for 1 fg, level 10 with 6 stats? 1 fg
If you're confused by the sheet, i can explain it a bit more.

For your other gear, can either use EE on the armor to increase your defense, or strength to increase your damage.
For your charm you'll want +strength. +ee is bad here because it increases the damage of the charm and seeing you're not casting this is useless to you.
For the second charm slot, leave it empty, the only stat which works in this slot is EE and as i said in previous sentence, this does nothing for you (the 2nd slot is mostly used for a heal on characters with high intel, barbs start with 5 so not a good option)

Abilities is mostly Retribution and a few into powershot, some points into knockdown is also fine.

Stats should be strength and vitality only

you have this sat on reaver7:
Magical ultimanium plate mail
Level Req: 55
Physical Defense: 42 to 126
Magical Defense: 0 to 21

+1 to 2 Life per Attack

this will sell for 10-12 fg

this type of item drops reasonably frequently when you reach level 55, just a case of getting there and grinding it out.
Nov 18 2022 07:43pm
Awesome!!! Thank you for all the good information. I just want to solo grind for items to sell. What class/weapon/abilities/stats should I go for?

This post was edited by Reaver0628 on Nov 18 2022 07:44pm
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll