d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Nanobots And Neurological Medicine
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 60%
Oct 27 2022 10:32pm
What is the current state of scientific advancement that has robots doing our work for us?

Are CyberPunk 2077 style implants in our future? Or at least, in a more realistic way, like for curing neurological disorders or other problems within our human body and brain?
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 28 2022 05:14am
well! the technology for brain implants that correct certain disabilities are already in existence. what is also in existence however, are advanced AIs that can eventually learn to read your mind based on your brain wave patterns :wacko:

so whats the future? it will start with helping with disabilities, because who would say no to that :blush: ! then it will give us convenience, sortof like smartphones did! and then they will become the ultimate ad selling/tracking devices. but superpowers, naah. you see, there is a hierarchy in the world, as chaotic as it looks right now. the top dogs would never risk their positions by giving random plebs superpowers. not even for testing purposes, because they arent retarded enough to put a mind reading (and god knows what else) chip in their heads. because both those paths would potentially make them lose control and that cant be allowed to happen! thats why i have exactly zero fear that a sentient AI will take over the world, because people in power wont let anything get even close to that point, providing it was even possible to begin with

so thats my reply i guess, look what smartphones and AIs give (all convenience, zero actual advantage against the top dogs), and expect the same from new brain implants ^_^

This post was edited by Snyft2 on Oct 28 2022 05:15am
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 60%
Oct 28 2022 05:20am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Oct 28 2022 04:14am)
well! the technology for brain implants that correct certain disabilities are already in existence. what is also in existence however, are advanced AIs that can eventually learn to read your mind based on your brain wave patterns :wacko:

so whats the future? it will start with helping with disabilities, because who would say no to that :blush: ! then it will give us convenience, sortof like smartphones did! and then they will become the ultimate ad selling/tracking devices. but superpowers, naah. you see, there is a hierarchy in the world, as chaotic as it looks right now. the top dogs would never risk their positions by giving random plebs superpowers. not even for testing purposes, because they arent retarded enough to put a mind reading (and god knows what else) chip in their heads. because both those paths would potentially make them lose control and that cant be allowed to happen! thats why i have exactly zero fear that a sentient AI will take over the world, because people in power wont let anything get even close to that point

so thats my reply i guess, look what smartphones and AIs give (all convenience, zero actual advantage against the top dogs), and expect the same from new brain implants ^_^

Wow really? What implants and what disabilities do they help with? Anything for mental disorders or is it neurological?

I don't doubt that a sentient AI might come. It is a possibility because with the way those who are in control, you know, they are evil and might try to create a singularity just for the purpose of destroying life. I mean they are trying to create portals with the particle colliders. Who knows one day they might lose control of a black hole they created and everything will be sucked into itself crushing everything into a single atom ending all life as we know it. Theyre not even trying to hide the weird stuff anymore, like they do ritual dancing to freakin Shiva when they made the particle collider.
Oct 28 2022 03:40pm
Quote (DCEVO @ Oct 28 2022 01:20pm)
Wow really? What implants and what disabilities do they help with? Anything for mental disorders or is it neurological?

I don't doubt that a sentient AI might come. It is a possibility because with the way those who are in control, you know, they are evil and might try to create a singularity just for the purpose of destroying life. I mean they are trying to create portals with the particle colliders. Who knows one day they might lose control of a black hole they created and everything will be sucked into itself crushing everything into a single atom ending all life as we know it. Theyre not even trying to hide the weird stuff anymore, like they do ritual dancing to freakin Shiva when they made the particle collider.

yeee :blush: ! ive seen tests on mice i think where the AI learned how to help mice move things with thoughts alone, so i guess neurological things like cerebral palsy or paraplegia or whatever should be solvable with that :blush: ! i read even about psychiatric uses but cant remember what for the life of me :cry:

about sentient AI...probably yeah :wacko: i mean first of all i dont think its possible to begin with, but if it were, yeah there would be transhumanists/sadists in the elite like yuval noah harrari who would go ham on the idea, but i assume there would also be more "normal" ones like larry fink who would be against it just because it could pose a risk to their power :wacko: i mean most of them are psychopaths, it would be very unwise of them to completely trust each other :wacko:

and yeah that shiva thing is weird af :wacko: i mean, i get the story for the public, shiva...destroying particles...i get it. but it does look way more...ritualistic than just that indeed :wacko:
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Nov 1 2022 12:12am
Quote (DCEVO @ Oct 28 2022 04:20am)

Quote (Snyft2 @ Oct 28 2022 02:40pm)
yeee :blush: ! ive seen tests on mice i think where the AI learned how to help mice move things with thoughts alone, so i guess neurological things like cerebral palsy or paraplegia or whatever should be solvable with that :blush: ! i read even about psychiatric uses but cant remember what for the life of me :cry:

about sentient AI...probably yeah :wacko: i mean first of all i dont think its possible to begin with, but if it were, yeah there would be transhumanists/sadists in the elite like yuval noah harrari who would go ham on the idea, but i assume there would also be more "normal" ones like larry fink who would be against it just because it could pose a risk to their power :wacko: i mean most of them are psychopaths, it would be very unwise of them to completely trust each other :wacko:

and yeah that shiva thing is weird af :wacko: i mean, i get the story for the public, shiva...destroying particles...i get it. but it does look way more...ritualistic than just that indeed :wacko:

ya its weird
institutions of "science" into ancient mystical stuff

google this if you havent seen this stuff?
"cern commercial shiva"

This post was edited by TiStuff on Nov 1 2022 12:13am
Nov 1 2022 09:59am
Quote (TiStuff @ Nov 1 2022 07:12am)
ya its weird
institutions of "science" into ancient mystical stuff

google this if you havent seen this stuff?
"cern commercial shiva"

seen already :wacko:

official explanation doesnt cut it tbh :wacko: i mean yeah yeah they are destroying particles and shiva is the god of destruction but it just looks weird. also that dancing wtf :wacko:
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Nov 2 2022 02:21am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Nov 1 2022 08:59am)
seen already :wacko:

official explanation doesnt cut it tbh :wacko: i mean yeah yeah they are destroying particles and shiva is the god of destruction but it just looks weird. also that dancing wtf :wacko:

ya :)
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll