d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Barb Mercenary For Terrorzones P1 > D2:R
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 163,029.31
Oct 2 2022 04:22am
Hey folks,

so i put together a terrorzone hybrid ww/zerker/itemfind barb.

was wondering which mercenary specc would be best since melee classes tend to have problems with attack rating at high monster levels due to the immense def.

I Myself am wearing a grief and a last wish phase blade (this is designed for p1 magic find, dont bother me with dual grief, i know what trade off im doing here).

i have tried 2 setups for the mercs now;

Act 1 Rogue Fire
Faith GMB lvl 14 Fana Aura
Eth Shaft Stop
Eth Gaze

Act 2 Blessed Aim
Infinity
Eth Forti
Eth Andy

All the build guides propose the a1 fana merc - but in testing i feel the blessed aim / infinity combo works better.
The inner sight appears to be very usefull, but gets cast too randomly imho.

Does anyone have a professional insight or source for this matter? I'd really like to optimize this build to the fullest potential, so some excat number crunshing would be awesome :)
Gold: 81,240.00
Oct 2 2022 07:02am
Insight Merc don't need anything else lol
Gold: 4,080.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 2 2022 07:10am
Quote (ferdegulasch @ Oct 2 2022 12:22pm)
I Myself am wearing a grief and a last wish phase blade (this is designed for p1 magic find, dont bother me with dual grief, i know what trade off im doing here).

impossible to give you advice on build/clear efficiency when you clearly don't care about it

Quote (ferdegulasch @ Oct 2 2022 12:22pm)
I'd really like to optimize this build to the fullest potential, so some excat number crunshing would be awesome :)

yeah right lol

This post was edited by Dolphy on Oct 2 2022 07:11am
Oct 2 2022 07:13am
Quote (Dolphy @ Oct 2 2022 02:10pm)
impossible to give you advice on build/clear efficiency when you clearly don't care about it

yeah right lol

Im asking for mercenary advice on my specific build. Why so Salty?

I wouldnt Post/ ask if it was the Standard Dual Grief / Might Merc.

Quote (vapegun @ Oct 2 2022 02:02pm)
Insight Merc don't need anything else lol

... :wacko:
Gold: 50.00
Oct 2 2022 07:23am
i use the act 1 merc on my barb. it is an old school sword and board barb with 1 point to double throw and throw mastery. i would sit back and throw lacerators into a mob. proc amp. then switch to my grief cb and stormshield and run up and ww them. she would freeze them with ice arrow while i do that. that worked really well. i also use taunt to keep the monsters away from her. i don't think your set up will work very well with the act1 merc. if you try to tele stomp she will just wonder around looking for a safe place to shoot from. the ice arrow merc will be popping corpses too and the fire one kinda sucks. i would give the phase blades to an act five merc respec into to axe and use grief/beast. or use the last wish and a lawbringer on an act 5 merc. then you could trade the grief phase blades to a pally for a grief ba and beast.
Oct 2 2022 07:50am
Quote (L8knightResurrected @ Oct 2 2022 02:23pm)
i use the act 1 merc on my barb. it is an old school sword and board barb with 1 point to double throw and throw mastery. i would sit back and throw lacerators into a mob. proc amp. then switch to my grief cb and stormshield and run up and ww them. she would freeze them with ice arrow while i do that. that worked really well. i also use taunt to keep the monsters away from her.

i didnt ask for your build or playstyle at all. thansk for sharing though - seems safe for hardcore, but not suited for a juggernaut style terrorzone mf farming.

i don't think your set up will work very well with the act1 merc. if you try to tele stomp she will just wonder around looking for a safe place to shoot from.

No. She shoots even when u tele stomp. she rarely ever runs away. merc ai is... to be improved to say the least.

the ice arrow merc will be popping corpses too and the fire one kinda sucks. i would give the phase blades to an act five merc respec into to axe and use grief/beast. or use the last wish and a lawbringer on an act 5 merc. then you could trade the grief phase blades to a pally for a grief ba and beast.

thats why i chose fire over ice. and i DONT WANT TO USE ACT 5 MERC. im specifially asking for a comparison of the 2 merc i stated, since imho the lack of AR is the problem, not any damage thing.

All psots so far are absolutely mssing the core of my question / suggestion. im disappointed. was hoping for more of jsp...

Gold: 50.00
Oct 2 2022 08:24am
Quote (ferdegulasch @ Oct 2 2022 06:50am)
i didnt ask for your build or playstyle at all. thansk for sharing though - seems safe for hardcore, but not suited for a juggernaut style terrorzone mf farming.

No. She shoots even when u tele stomp. she rarely ever runs away. merc ai is... to be improved to say the least.

thats why i chose fire over ice. and i DONT WANT TO USE ACT 5 MERC. im specifially asking for a comparison of the 2 merc i stated, since imho the lack of AR is the problem, not any damage thing.

All psots so far are absolutely mssing the core of my question / suggestion. im disappointed. was hoping for more of jsp...

you had your mind made up already. you did the testing yourself. you asked a question you knew the answer to. i told you my build as a way to explain when act 1 mercs are good. tele stomping isn't how to use an act 1 merc. you want to know what lvl blessed aim that act 2 merc has, if the ar from that + the -def from infinity is > than the ar from a faith merc. yeah probably. if you want a better answer than that offer some forum gold.
Gold: 10.50
Oct 2 2022 09:01am
dual grief >
Gold: 94,692.12
Oct 2 2022 10:40am
ye I gotta agree with all these comments

go an a2 might merc with pride

dual grief

and just stack your mf everywhere else

the clearspeed is worth it. you do so much damage you don't really need CB,

travs, skulders, shako, goldwrap, chancegaurds, gheed gc

that's pretty close to 400 mf. The MF on last wish isn't making much difference.
Oct 2 2022 12:01pm
Quote (NeedUlikeAdrug @ Oct 2 2022 04:01pm)
dual grief >

Quote (ZeaLORDeaL @ Oct 2 2022 05:40pm)
ye I gotta agree with all these comments

go an a2 might merc with pride

dual grief

and just stack your mf everywhere else

the clearspeed is worth it. you do so much damage you don't really need CB,

travs, skulders, shako, goldwrap, chancegaurds, gheed gc

that's pretty close to 400 mf. The MF on last wish isn't making much difference.

You guys are also totally missing the point of my question. Its about dealing with ar issues via mercenary. Not about damage. Im aware that a dual grief and the above metioned mercenary options outperform my setup damage-wise. But thats not the point. Im one-shotting stuff with my setup alrdy. Also act bosses melt within 2-3 seconds.

From some Initial testing the % a monsternis being Struck by my WW is about 60% with the regular merc setup. With the above Versions it increses to 75-85%. Imho that results in more clearspeed on P1, than overstacking useless damage in that specific P1 scenario.

Im still interested in some qualified answers on the matter.

This post was edited by ferdegulasch on Oct 2 2022 12:02pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll