d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Question - Debate
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 77,335.18
Sep 28 2022 01:08am
Guys ... I am lvling only muting now ...

Is it wotthy to also lvl glyph and suff? Or even fishing?

I mean suff I see usefull to suff like T3 angelic essences and try mute those instead of magical / rares. Suffing fishes or fishing i dont see usefull - rather regen and mute meanwhile.

Glyph is usefull but only at T3 onwards (to glyph dex, str, crit, qd etc).

What u think? And I mean longterm ...
Gold: 8,888.88
Sep 28 2022 01:33am
It all comes down to personal preference.

Before a lot of the updates compared to now, those that played then benefit more today (they have been playing long term already) and have already built up their proficiencies for those skills even before Suff was introduced... I am talking about Fishing / Cooking and Glyphing... now muting was and is paramount to this day because they (those that played when Muting got changed) stuck to it and others Quit.

Okay, when I started around vs 1.15 (maybe beforehand), I NEVER liked fishing/cooking or Glyphing, that is because all of those skills are CONSUMABLE items, I was interested in the Game and finding items that could be Average even... not Sexy, like the threads we have now. So... the time spent on skilling then, and even to this day at higher Ranks, could have been an encounter or more and find a Godly item (Sexy +).

Personal preference, and with the updates came more oriented towards Faster group runs, and a minor increase of prof / exp for skillers (trying to balance it out for those that dedicated time towards the Ranks they established themselves in previously).

One of the main Glyph Hardcore skillers (John ... Labattblue)... I believe in previous posts about glyphing, he has achieved a Rank that does not need to be improved on, and plays both cores now. But, John can answer for himself and his personal preference to playing the game to this day with skilling.

Oh... when fishing, my personal preference is to also Cook, otherwise your fish is handed around, and suff is just a booster skill that looks good (it is good), but takes more time away from gaining items.
Gold: 250,648.00
Sep 28 2022 01:42am
Glyphing is certainly nice but I really don’t see a need to go further than like rank 25-35.

Fishing pays dividends in the end to make high lvl eps much more manageable but it’s just super time consuming not only to level but to build full stacks.

Muting speaks for itself

Suffing makes glyphing better by allowing the lower lvl ones to last longer which is the main benefit of higher level ones because let’s face it you won’t be finding a ton of crazy fails to glyph up. Mostly 15-20 stat items
Sep 28 2022 03:09am
Quote (Cheeya @ Sep 28 2022 09:42am)
Glyphing is certainly nice but I really don’t see a need to go further than like rank 25-35.

Fishing pays dividends in the end to make high lvl eps much more manageable but it’s just super time consuming not only to level but to build full stacks.

Muting speaks for itself

Suffing makes glyphing better by allowing the lower lvl ones to last longer which is the main benefit of higher level ones because let’s face it you won’t be finding a ton of crazy fails to glyph up. Mostly 15-20 stat items

So muting and glyphing only ... i really dont see other benefits at all. Well I will mute first and see later if i start to glyph too ...
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Sep 28 2022 03:17am
Depends what u like to do, if u prefer climbing alot, fishing and cooking if u solo or need for bad group. Muting for profit, chance at profit, glyphing really just for u to do tier 3 items would be my idea as 15min glyphs should be enough,

Most go muting but forget, u gotta have access to items to mute, usually a guild that can send u them helps
Gold: 8,888.88
Sep 28 2022 04:40am
Hey, didn't you find a 208 EE wind while Bufcore? (not including another great item as well?).

Okay, here is an indication of how long you will have to Mute to even find a level 50 208 EE wind... 5 to 7 years muting current game mechanics playing less frequently than you currently do, this includes all the Essences you have to make, since you are playing Bufcore and can NOT buy essences to Transmute, you have to find those yourself, otherwise, it is NOT selffound.

Think on it more your personal way to play... if you want to quit bufcore and skill and buy essences or even Rods for either fishing, muting or suffucensing... you can work it out from there... let me put it this way for you, I have NEVER found a 2xx EE item in the YEARS I have been playing... oh, and I am NOT the only one.

Long term... with your luck... just play and get drops instead of skilling.
Gold: 791.38
Sep 28 2022 04:46am
Rank 37 hc transmuter here: I think I found like 3 items that can be considered decent but not amazing. During that time I could had done hundreds of MQs and get better items.

:D
Sep 28 2022 05:01am
Quote (rusclaudiualin @ Sep 28 2022 12:46pm)
Rank 37 hc transmuter here: I think I found like 3 items that can be considered decent but not amazing. During that time I could had done hundreds of MQs and get better items.

:D

Haha this was good one. I will only play bufcore but I also need to mute to make some items for myself ... for now I will only lvling muting as others (except glyphing) isnt really needed at all. Hack, even glyphing isnt needed. But muting I think it is - it will increase chance to make me sth useful :)
Gold: 38,391.35
Sep 28 2022 05:21am
it might be worth pushing glyphing to lvl 5/6
with suff on lvl ~7 u could do stuff like this pretty easy:

Angelic glyph II
Use Item to Receive Effect
Effect Duration: 35 minutes

+250% Enhanced Effect
+6 Strength
+10 Dexterity
+10 Vitality
+160 Max Life
+1 to 1 Life per Attack
+3% Mana Syphon
+1% Ice Mastery
+2% Earth Mastery

16 extra stats for 35mins isnt that bad. also with some other attack mods u can get ~10% more dmg

This post was edited by tor_zero on Sep 28 2022 05:22am
Sep 28 2022 06:23am
Quote (tor_zero @ Sep 28 2022 01:21pm)
it might be worth pushing glyphing to lvl 5/6
with suff on lvl ~7 u could do stuff like this pretty easy:

Angelic glyph II
Use Item to Receive Effect
Effect Duration: 35 minutes

+250% Enhanced Effect
+6 Strength
+10 Dexterity
+10 Vitality
+160 Max Life
+1 to 1 Life per Attack
+3% Mana Syphon
+1% Ice Mastery
+2% Earth Mastery

16 extra stats for 35mins isnt that bad. also with some other attack mods u can get ~10% more dmg

Suff I will definitely wont do ... but glyphing maybe some day in future to lets say max lvl 15-25.
And use glyphs between lvls 30-55 as later I need to regen/mute meanwhile each 5 mobs or so ...
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll