d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Looking For Some Advice
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 903.00
Sep 22 2022 07:38pm
i have been playing with bots for diablo 2 for a very long time and always get upset cause my friend is a very good programmer im just wondering where i should start
what is good for someone new to it. i work construction so come November i will be layed off for the winter so i got time to learn and spend with with family
just looking for some ideas i see the cyber security jobs pay while u train but if some one can shed some light on where to go and or start
Gold: 600.00
Sep 23 2022 11:54am
Hello world! :D
Imo front end web development should be the easiest way to start.
Check out this roadmap for front end developer : https://roadmap.sh/frontend.
After half year of learning i got my first job as a junior front end developer :D
Get some courses (i used UDEMY courses) :D and grind it. Javascript is the most important, so you can learn frameworks later, React should be the best cuz of it's popularity, but i think Vue is a little bit easier to learn. Your choice, but first start from basics! Just follow this roadmap it's generally all you have to know and focus on javascipt alot, so you can understand frameworks!
Gold: 782.00
Sep 24 2022 09:04am
Focus on your problem solving skills and focus on fundamentals of comp sci. Take a few starter courses, don’t focus on a specific language or framework. Just go with whatever the courses teach (likely java or c#). It’s important to learn fundamentals before jumping into coding. Build some test projects to improve your skills. Once u have a solid grasp on fundamentals (looping/conditionals/data structures/state management/data flow/etc), picking up a new language or framework will be cake.

If you focus too much on doing and not learning in the beginning, unfortunately you won’t pick up transferable skills and you’ll struggle at reading/understanding code or new language you might run into.

Once you feel like you have a good grasp on fundamentals, move on to more advanced courses like software design n algorithms. These will elevate you to next level and you’ll see how much easier tinkering with code becomes.

If you want to take a professional path and have the ability to, getting a comp sci degree will go a long way and you’ll be able to score a high paying job. Imo coding boot camps don’t do enough justice and they focus mainly on practical stuff. At least in my experience, Theory is everything.

This post was edited by marijew on Sep 24 2022 09:09am
Gold: 903.00
Sep 24 2022 11:46am
thank you all so much for the help
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll