d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Hc P8 Summoner Wt Skills
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,362.88
Sep 22 2022 08:51am
Paying a necro doing a hc p8 run currently. Haven't tried a summoner yet in d2r. Are skele mages worth it to max after skele/mastery/ce? Or are points better spent elsewhere like revives?
Gold: 515.11
Sep 22 2022 09:15am
Mages are improved in d2r but theyre still trash.

In my players 8 walkthrough for summon nec I maxed revive. I dont remember if it was hardcore or not.

For hardcore it might not be a dumb idea to dump a bunch of points into dim vision as a panic button.

With shit gear though maxing revive gives you a lot more mileage in terms of damage for your points. In some of the shittier areas like throneroom minions of destruction or lord de seis in the chaos sanctuary, an edge bow on swap turns a crumbling undead army into a win.
Gold: 1,362.88
Sep 22 2022 09:19am
Quote (Dr_Lecter @ Sep 22 2022 08:15am)
Mages are improved in d2r but theyre still trash.

In my players 8 walkthrough for summon nec I maxed revive. I dont remember if it was hardcore or not.

For hardcore it might not be a dumb idea to dump a bunch of points into dim vision as a panic button.

With shit gear though maxing revive gives you a lot more mileage in terms of damage for your points. In some of the shittier areas like throneroom minions of destruction or lord de seis in the chaos sanctuary, an edge bow on swap turns a crumbling undead army into a win.

This is great insight. Thank you! I'll try out the revives for now and see how it goes. :thumbsup:
Gold: 0.00
Sep 25 2022 12:20am
Mages are good for summoning just to get the elemental damages; poison for open wounds, and ice to slow monsters.

Otherwise revives are the way to go
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll