d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Fury Wolf: Updated For D2r > D2:R
Prev15678931Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.77
Sep 25 2022 12:35am
Quote (Gwala @ Sep 24 2022 06:30pm)
Death is objectively better now that it can hit the same speeds, has the same base damage but has an extra 50% cb and 50% ds.

The only argument for botd is the range utility if you like the feel of a range 5 fury better.

Yep, Death Glorious Axe has been fun for me.

At lvl 38 werewolf on shift, you're at 6/4/4/4/8 frame, highlords gets you to 6/4/4/4/7, and a 15 ias jewel gets it to 5/4/4/4/7. And then IK Gloves/Belt would get it to 5/4/4/4/6.

Calc for those: https://chthonvii.github.io/d2r_24ptr2_wereform_calculator/

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Sep 25 2022 12:35am
Gold: 40,839.00
Sep 25 2022 12:44am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Sep 24 2022 11:35pm)
Yep, Death Glorious Axe has been fun for me.

At lvl 38 werewolf on shift, you're at 6/4/4/4/8 frame, highlords gets you to 6/4/4/4/7, and a 15 ias jewel gets it to 5/4/4/4/7. And then IK Gloves/Belt would get it to 5/4/4/4/6.

With 42 ww, nos coil and Silver Edge you can hit 5/3/3/3/6. Imo that's a critical breakpoint because it drops 3 frames from your fury when other bps only drop one. But 42 requires ss charms, jalal/cerb and amulet prebuff which is a pain in the ass so champ axe may be the more convenient option.
Sep 25 2022 12:50am
Quote (Gwala @ Sep 24 2022 11:44pm)
With 42 ww, nos coil and Silver Edge you can hit 5/3/3/3/6. Imo that's a critical breakpoint because it drops 3 frames from your fury when other bps only drop one. But 42 requires ss charms, jalal/cerb and amulet prebuff which is a pain in the ass so champ axe may be the more convenient option.

Good point. Silver Edge range is lower which isn't quite as nice.

But lvl 42 on shift is jala/cere, anni, torch, 9x ss lifers, highlords, battle orders cast with cta and spirit monarch then shift.

I'll have to try it for the 3 frame.

But another consideration is that Glorious Axe is also useful in pub pvp and SEA really isn't. Loss of range is just too big imho.

edit: I just realized I need to remake the melee weapon range guide for D2R so people can see how to take advantage of higher range weapons. If you go to legacy graphics it's this:

Glorious Axe is rangeadder 3 for example. So there are a lot of sweet spots where you can hit farther than a rangeadder 2 weapon like SEA.

Running down and left or swiping from the exact side is how you wreck hammerdins.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Sep 25 2022 01:03am
Sep 25 2022 01:02am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Sep 24 2022 11:50pm)
Good point. Silver Edge range is lower which isn't quite as nice.

But lvl 42 on shift is jala/cere, anni, torch, 9x ss lifers, highlords, battle orders cast with cta and spirit monarch then shift.

I'll have to try it for the 3 frame.

But another consideration is that Glorious Axe is also useful in pub pvp and SEA really isn't. Loss of range is just too big imho.

Yeah it's easy ish to do a +4 helm, +3 ammy precast then swap gface and highlords for pvm but it makes CTA annoying to keep up. If you're geared up and don't need the bo its not the end of the world but pretty annoying still. I'm not sure if you would even notice the damage difference in pvm.

What sux is glorious->silver is only 7% base damage but going down to champ axe is full 20% drop

This post was edited by Gwala on Sep 25 2022 01:04am
Sep 25 2022 01:04am
Quote (Gwala @ Sep 25 2022 12:02am)
Yeah it's easy ish to do a +4 helm, +3 ammy precast then swap gface and highlords for pvm but it makes CTA annoying to keep up. If you're geared up and don't need the bo its not the end of the world but pretty annoying still. I'm not sure if you would even notice the damage difference in pvm.

What sux is glorious->silver is only 7% base damage but going down to champ axe is full 20% drop

Don't forget about Mang Song's Lesson.

Sep 25 2022 01:12am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Sep 25 2022 12:04am)
Don't forget about Mang Song's Lesson.

Ya I was thinking what is the minimum gear swapping/ charm use you can do and still hit the 3 frames. It may be the optimal dps setup for Ubers for example but it makes cta too annoying to keep up.

Gold: 0.00
Sep 26 2022 04:23am
can you give a rundown of how you would handle pub duel games?

What weapon would you default using ?
What charms would you use ?

Mostly thats what i wanna know lol
any advice?
Gold: 94,285.00
Sep 26 2022 06:10pm
Quote (XxRuCkUsxX @ Sep 26 2022 03:23am)
can you give a rundown of how you would handle pub duel games?

What weapon would you default using ?
What charms would you use ?

Mostly thats what i wanna know lol
any advice?

Refer to the past few posts above you about information regarding pub duel games. Unfortunately, that might require an entirely new guide on its own if you wanted the same level of comprehensiveness as what you see here. This guide is definitely devoted more to melee vs. melee duels although it contains a lot of good information for wereform players more broadly who might be more interested in pubbing. Based on anecdotal feedback/guidance, I've heard that EBOTD GT rips in pub duels. If you're using 3/3/20s or 3frw/all res sc's, a good blood ammy with 10frw, high life, and all res, and a 2 druid/30/frw/2 soc rare circlets with good mods and good all res jewels, you have very high mobility and can be competitive against a lot of different types of chars you often see in pub duel games (sorcs etc.). Grief PB is extremely OP though so that would probably be your best bet as far as 1 handers go... there's not much point to using anything else unless you desperately need all resistances or something, then you can go eth tomb.

I'll tag here and see if he has any input because I believe he's more interested in pub dueling on a wolf druid.

An answer you might hear a lot if that wolf druids aren't truly viable until Blizz allows us to tele while in wolf form but I think you could make it work. :P

This post was edited by Koston on Sep 26 2022 06:13pm
Gold: 0.00
Sep 26 2022 10:12pm
Quote (Koston @ Sep 27 2022 09:10am)
Refer to the past few posts above you about information regarding pub duel games. Unfortunately, that might require an entirely new guide on its own if you wanted the same level of comprehensiveness as what you see here. This guide is definitely devoted more to melee vs. melee duels although it contains a lot of good information for wereform players more broadly who might be more interested in pubbing. Based on anecdotal feedback/guidance, I've heard that EBOTD GT rips in pub duels. If you're using 3/3/20s or 3frw/all res sc's, a good blood ammy with 10frw, high life, and all res, and a 2 druid/30/frw/2 soc rare circlets with good mods and good all res jewels, you have very high mobility and can be competitive against a lot of different types of chars you often see in pub duel games (sorcs etc.). Grief PB is extremely OP though so that would probably be your best bet as far as 1 handers go... there's not much point to using anything else unless you desperately need all resistances or something, then you can go eth tomb.

I'll tag ^oscarmk here and see if he has any input because I believe he's more interested in pub dueling on a wolf druid.

An answer you might hear a lot if that wolf druids aren't truly viable until Blizz allows us to tele while in wolf form but I think you could make it work. :P

thank you bro ! i love the guide overall and its quite detailed ! just wanted some input on some pub duels. i have seen some pub SS druids shred hdins in 1 shot and been curious how lol they seem fun and thanks ill keep an eye out for oscars response ! :)
Sep 26 2022 10:25pm
Quote (XxRuCkUsxX @ Sep 26 2022 09:12pm)
thank you bro ! i love the guide overall and its quite detailed ! just wanted some input on some pub duels. i have seen some pub SS druids shred hdins in 1 shot and been curious how lol they seem fun and thanks ill keep an eye out for oscars response ! :)

Ebotd Great Poleaxe is probably your best best. Giant Thresher is also good, but less damage.

GT is at 4/3/3/3/6 Fury with 8 more ias at lvl 38 werewolf, so bfists or highlords.

GPA is at 5/3/3/3/6 with the same ias, or 4/3/3/3/6 with 35 oias (highlords and ed/15ias jewel pelt)

Other than that... the most important things to learn for pubbing:

1) How to use the shift key

2) Where your weapon ranges are and what angles hit the farthest (range 6 is the maximum vs players)* - I like to run down and slightly off angle left vs hammerdins for example, or shift them from exactly side to side.

3) Reshifting as many times as possible at 1 hp.

I'm of the personal opinion that battle orders don't matter that much in pubs for shapeshifters. Gear 1 is Grief and Stormshield, Gear 2 is two handed max range weapon. Just use W (or whatever key, I have always set it to X) to swap back and forth depending on who you are dueling. Treachery pre fade can be worth it. 1 point in summons can also be worth it to distract chargers or FoH or traps.

I also have Feral Rage set to A and Fury set to B, and I charge up on summons and bone walls for faster run speeds.

You also want to have a physical damage reduced setup for wind druids and smiters... berber CoA or Shaft or something like that.

*Rangeadder 4 = range 6 vs players. Players are size 2 and Great Poleaxe is rangeadder 4.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Sep 26 2022 10:36pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev15678931Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll