d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > End Game Closed Beta Coming Soon
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 30,000.00
Sep 21 2022 10:31am
I'll play through it but that's it.
Gold: 321,970.63
Sep 22 2022 04:06am
Quote (Brandon9405 @ 20 Sep 2022 21:50)
Yeh I agree you have some good points, I'm not sure why they decided to ignore everyone. While many of us old players want open trade half the people don't. Its a split player base and blizzard caused it by removing the AH in D3 and then removing trading all together and now immortal pile of dog poop.
So they stuck themselves between a rock and a hard place because its impossible to appease now. It seems they don't want to implement the trade a few times system. They said they would originally do that on annoucement, but so much has changed over 3 years.
I think the best option is to just make the max times and item can be traded three times. This would help an economy aswell considering it makes items more finite. It would even help keep the prices of lower tier items at a decent level for when people start new character.
I know they won't give free trade so I think my option here is the only medium.

You can also just have designated tokens that you have to play to acquire that can be used once to unlock trading one item. And have those tokens themselves be acc bound and drop only so you cant rmt for them. That way D3 ah stock simulator situation where you never play game just refresh ah is dealt with.

You also create scarcity since - depending on how you tweak and balance their rarity - they might not be worth using unless very good item.

Also they obviously need to add a 2h - 24h play time req to accts to be eligible for trading and/or a charlevel req. And ban players for rmt when possible.

I would personally also vote in favour of having free trading within a guild/friendlist (with timer requirements)

At the same time with a new monetization structure (gfx micro transaction + title purchase/xpac purchase) they could have a more active role in countering rampant botting, which is hard with WoW and D2 without killing profit.

That is things they COULD implement to combat paying for powers and keep the game thriving for years.

But instead ofcourse blizzard is being blizzard and they went with the short sighted lazy option, aka remove trading alltogether, killing interest long term for any fan of the franchise who did not start diablo with diablo 3. Game will only be played in cycles during new seasons with big content updates and forced meta shifts, much similar to PoE instead of being a timeless classic that you can play on and on year after year.

I have extremely low confidence in D4 being worthwile anything more than a single or two playthroughs.

This post was edited by SpAz. on Sep 22 2022 04:13am
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll