d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Rocket League > Hours Played Relative To Rank Progression
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 19 2022 07:45am
Hi all, I have about 150 hours played so far and I am Diamond 1 in 2s and Platinum 3 in 3s. Is this an encouraging sign so far? Wondering if there is a significant amount of hours played to break into Champ and beyond
Gold: 7,940.00
Sep 20 2022 03:00am
Thats good progress. It takes different times depending on how you spend your hours of "playing" the game.

People who spends more time in training such as freeplay, workshops etc goes further faster due to mechanics being strong against ranks below champ.
When reaching champ your mechanic outplay-wins will stall as opponents gets better at positioning and tactics.

I suggest playing more in training learning basic mechanics until they come natural for you rather than actual ranked games.

With basic mechanics I mean:
Recovery: half flip, landing flat, wave dash of walls
Ground play: ball carry, Bounce dribble, front dash flick, side dash flick, diagonal dash flick, dash shooting, dribble cuts
Aerial play: Fast Aerial, Basic wall to air, wall shots
Defending: Shadowdefense, Shadowdefense saves, backboard defense.

Some very basic tactics should also be learnt such as rotation and backboard rebound exploit against the lower ranks :)
Dont shoot on goal if someones in goal, that will just lead to a counter, instead put balls above goal so they get awkward and put rebound in or let teammate do it.
Dont drive ball straight into opponents unless it's 2v1 where ur teammate can take the rebound after the 50. Try to steer it diagonally away from them., and then dribble cut or fake :-)

Apart from this, do whatever you want but above is a suggestion I do to friends when they want to learn RL :)

If you learn all of the above so they sit natural for you, you'd be expected to be champ and can start to learn more advanced mechanics :)
ground pass plays, ceiling shots, Flip resets and fakes mainly

Please don't focus too much on musty, breezi etc. They're not really necessary, only showboating. But really fun!
Gold: 6.00
Oct 1 2022 12:44am
Listen im at 2.4k hours and im still struggling to stay champ 1 so youre doing pretty fucking good imo lool

I still cant air dribble for shit lmao
Gold: 26,794.00
Oct 1 2022 01:11pm
Id agree it depends on the time you put into it. Im close to 2.7k hours, and I just play games. The time I have in my day, I mean I got a job, family, dont have the time to practice mechanics. When I play I just wanna chill. More youtube+training = higher rank. Some learn mechanics pretty fast, some takes time. But you dont learn it in matches with teammates and preassure.
Gold: 18,577.00
Oct 1 2022 01:13pm
Quote (MildSambal @ 19 Sep 2022 16:45)
Hi all, I have about 150 hours played so far and I am Diamond 1 in 2s and Platinum 3 in 3s. Is this an encouraging sign so far? Wondering if there is a significant amount of hours played to break into Champ and beyond

depends what you're doing in those hours, if you're training your fundemental movements like aerial/ball control you will sure go to champ1. it takes a lot of practice, the amount of hours you have in that game doesn't really matter.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 4 2022 05:09am
Quote (ChingeR @ Sep 20 2022 04:00pm)
Thats good progress. It takes different times depending on how you spend your hours of "playing" the game.

People who spends more time in training such as freeplay, workshops etc goes further faster due to mechanics being strong against ranks below champ.
When reaching champ your mechanic outplay-wins will stall as opponents gets better at positioning and tactics.

I suggest playing more in training learning basic mechanics until they come natural for you rather than actual ranked games.

With basic mechanics I mean:
Recovery: half flip, landing flat, wave dash of walls
Ground play: ball carry, Bounce dribble, front dash flick, side dash flick, diagonal dash flick, dash shooting, dribble cuts
Aerial play: Fast Aerial, Basic wall to air, wall shots
Defending: Shadowdefense, Shadowdefense saves, backboard defense.

Some very basic tactics should also be learnt such as rotation and backboard rebound exploit against the lower ranks :)
Dont shoot on goal if someones in goal, that will just lead to a counter, instead put balls above goal so they get awkward and put rebound in or let teammate do it.
Dont drive ball straight into opponents unless it's 2v1 where ur teammate can take the rebound after the 50. Try to steer it diagonally away from them., and then dribble cut or fake :-)

Apart from this, do whatever you want but above is a suggestion I do to friends when they want to learn RL :)

If you learn all of the above so they sit natural for you, you'd be expected to be champ and can start to learn more advanced mechanics :)
ground pass plays, ceiling shots, Flip resets and fakes mainly

Please don't focus too much on musty, breezi etc. They're not really necessary, only showboating. But really fun!

Quote (Andre32 @ Oct 1 2022 01:44pm)
Listen im at 2.4k hours and im still struggling to stay champ 1 so youre doing pretty fucking good imo lool

I still cant air dribble for shit lmao

Quote (Pr0mo @ Oct 2 2022 02:11am)
Id agree it depends on the time you put into it. Im close to 2.7k hours, and I just play games. The time I have in my day, I mean I got a job, family, dont have the time to practice mechanics. When I play I just wanna chill. More youtube+training = higher rank. Some learn mechanics pretty fast, some takes time. But you dont learn it in matches with teammates and preassure.

Quote (RO_Byron @ Oct 2 2022 02:13am)
depends what you're doing in those hours, if you're training your fundemental movements like aerial/ball control you will sure go to champ1. it takes a lot of practice, the amount of hours you have in that game doesn't really matter.

really appreciate the feedback everyone. I noticed a lot of you mentioned training mechanics and fundamentals, what is the best approach for doing so? there is training mode and I have completed all of the All-Star such as Striker, Aerial, and Goalie. are the custom training maps best? I was also under the impression that the best place to learn mechanics is competitive play but I guess not from the responses given lol
Gold: 7,940.00
Oct 4 2022 03:36pm
recoveries: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vgbcPbcysU&ab_channel=slyk

flicking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWdheraunb4&ab_channel=WaytonPilkin

dribbling training: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1694288506&searchtext=dribbling

speed flip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfCecDIaJE4&ab_channel=Tipp

shadow defense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmCBkHsKGVs&ab_channel=slyk

wall to air: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddEe3t_cKyw&ab_channel=WaytonPilkin

And then just training training training, free play or find some custom training specific for what you wanna do.

But dribbling workshop is very very good for overall control. You learn to handle sensitivities a lot
Go Back To Rocket League Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll