d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > New 50 Mins Gameplay Footage Leak... Looks Bad
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,183.01
Sep 18 2022 12:32pm
https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/xhig0z/53_minutes_of_diablo_iv_leaked_beta_gameplay/

this isn't ready for 2023 release, lmao

will be rushed full of huge bugs out the door to pad ATVI quarterly numbers, massive issues on day 1 just watch

from the design POV it looks like they didn't learn anything, just like d3 this has massive screen-wide particle effects, making everything look comical

I hope I'm proven wrong in 2023

This post was edited by ulmaguest on Sep 18 2022 12:42pm
Gold: 0.37
Sep 18 2022 06:58pm
I think I solved the puzzle of why both D3 and D4 are bad especially D4.

They don't want young people to acquire PTSD visuals that soldiers don't know how to forget when they return from war.

In other words, when you approach a human with a baseball bat and split their skull open, you acquire certain visuals of that violence which later gives you PTSD.

This means that you saw some aspect of our reality that you should not have seen. You saw that a skull can open, that parts of it can fly, or that a hole is left.

If they make the game like that, they render normal a type of violence that belongs not be seen.

What you see in the video for example, the screen wide particle effects, is just a way to avoid creating visuals where you approach a humanoid melee range and start taking body-parts off of them.
Sep 18 2022 07:08pm
They could make it realistic, where, if you whirlwind next to a humanoid and an arm is chopped off, the humanoid starts running away from you with blood spurring out of their elbow, then you hit them again and they collapse and start crawling away from you in a pool of blood and then you land the final blow.

They could also make scenarios like in old games where, upon chopping something off the monster begs you not to kill them, only to backstab you if you comply.

They could also make cruel hellish scenarios where, when you enter a level, you catch the monsters there by surprise, who do all kind of cruel things that shock you so bad you forget about attacking them. Then they notice you.

Those possibilities are endless and I don't think any of them will become reality.
Sep 18 2022 07:13pm
Monsters have shifted from humans/humanoids/zombies or anything that has human appearance, to snakes, snails, lizzards, spiders, ghosts, specters etc.

Just so that you don't get used to hitting a human in the head with an axe.
Gold: 1,788.00
Sep 18 2022 10:49pm
I love the hell gate zoom-in animation when maps are loading!
and the damage number goes different side due to where the attack from. That's pretty cool.

last thing i must mention is why does the first skill icon looks like a blue shrek :rofl:
Gold: 2.00
Sep 19 2022 04:52am
Looks way too much like diablo3 and just bad.. Dueling in this game seems like it is going to suck.. Skills and movement is too much like D3, and the loot system already seems bad.
I suspect it will be just like d3, we play it then quit a few weeks in when dungeons get boring.
Gold: 5.50
Sep 19 2022 05:25am
Quote (ulmaguest @ 18 Sep 2022 21:32)
https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/xhig0z/53_minutes_of_diablo_iv_leaked_beta_gameplay/

this isn't ready for 2023 release, lmao

will be rushed full of huge bugs out the door to pad ATVI quarterly numbers, massive issues on day 1 just watch

from the design POV it looks like they didn't learn anything, just like d3 this has massive screen-wide particle effects, making everything look comical

I hope I'm proven wrong in 2023

LOL looks really bad, that's amazing and surprises a lot. I thought from visual side of things it will be more solid.
Gold: 18,761.97
Sep 19 2022 08:49am
Quote (KDACardano @ Sep 18 2022 08:58pm)
I think I solved the puzzle of why both D3 and D4 are bad especially D4.

They don't want young people to acquire PTSD visuals that soldiers don't know how to forget when they return from war.

In other words, when you approach a human with a baseball bat and split their skull open, you acquire certain visuals of that violence which later gives you PTSD.

This means that you saw some aspect of our reality that you should not have seen. You saw that a skull can open, that parts of it can fly, or that a hole is left.

If they make the game like that, they render normal a type of violence that belongs not be seen.

What you see in the video for example, the screen wide particle effects, is just a way to avoid creating visuals where you approach a humanoid melee range and start taking body-parts off of them.

Did you even watch the original cut scene? I also watched some leaked cut scenes with spoilers, guy literally getting shredded apart by a pack of dogs flesh ripping from every part of his body. This game will be every bit as gory and metal as D2 from a gore stand point.
How come every thread I see you in you miss the mark everytime with some stupid take. "blizz is scared of giving people ptsd visual" L O L

Sure the game looks very unpolished and is hard to see it shipping in this state, but Friends and family betas tend to be many builds behind the actual beta. They have all the ground work laid out and have 9 months to get all the VFX in fix visual polish etc. A lot of the stuff is literal place holders to test the system.
Another thing to note is the guy never used a mount and the world is so big the mobs felt a bit lack luster. I feel once mounting is unlocked it makes the world feel more evenly distributed.

My biggest problems with D4 isn't gameplay or the look of the game, but the way they added big damage numbers to items and smart loot. It seems like they have some really cool robust systems in place to keep the game fresh literally tons of content. There is a chance it will flop, but I am not going to judge a game off of 35 minutes of gameplay.

This post was edited by Brandon9405 on Sep 19 2022 08:50am
Gold: 18,761.97
Sep 19 2022 08:53am
Quote (KDACardano @ Sep 18 2022 09:13pm)
Monsters have shifted from humans/humanoids/zombies or anything that has human appearance, to snakes, snails, lizzards, spiders, ghosts, specters etc.

Just so that you don't get used to hitting a human in the head with an axe.

There are plenty of zombies and other humanoid like creatures. Also D2 had a TON of snakes, brutes and other non Humanoid creatures. I can't take you seriously like at all. You sound like an old senile man babbling on about nothing.

You have the cannibal family in Act 2 of D4, literally like barbarians that eat other humanoids.
You have the drowned which were tortued humans taken to the water drowned and come back as cursed putrid Humanoids.
Then you have your standard zombies and many other types of humanoid monsters.

If you actually cared to read and learn about D4 lore, creatures, systems etc. It's all out there, but instead you watch one 30 minute clip and spout off uninformed.

This post was edited by Brandon9405 on Sep 19 2022 09:03am
Gold: 2,183.01
Sep 19 2022 08:55am
Dark and gothic isn't just about gore, it's about the visual design

I agree D4 seems to be going in a much better direction compared to D3, the character and environment design are so far better, but the attack and spell animations are still cartoony and over the top

Just seeing that Barb whip out a magical 20 foot whip that hits the entire screen in a 360 pattern is lame af, more anime stuff like D3's WOTB, Hammer of the Ancients, etc

This post was edited by ulmaguest on Sep 19 2022 08:55am
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll