d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Looking For Bass Recommendations
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,632.10
Sep 17 2022 01:25pm
PLaying guitar since I was a kid and I want to tap into bass a little.

Recently The Omnific is what I've been stuck listening to and I want to do some covers.

Anyone have a good idea on a starter bass to fart with? $1500 budget roughly.
Gold: 1,326.00
Sep 25 2022 09:39pm
Quote (Borr @ Sep 17 2022 02:25pm)

Recently The Omnific is what I've been stuck listening to and I want to do some covers.

Hit the used market (reverb) and you could probably let find a used dingwall in that range, or an ebmm bongo also in range. With that budget, you’ll have plenty of choices, but dingwalls have a very specific tone (dark glass preamp), should you look further into them. Ibanez is another brand to check out and I’m sure there are bass companies that I’m not familiar with that have top quality.

I should also note (if you don’t know already) that The Omnific use both these brands.

This post was edited by InvisionZ on Sep 25 2022 09:41pm
Gold: 1,535.00
Sep 26 2022 02:54pm
Quote (Borr @ Sep 17 2022 12:25pm)

for 1500, you can get a TON of great bass's it all depends on what youre looking for and what you want to do with it.

also like invisionz said, if you dont mind used there is tons of stuff on reverb or even used through your local music store where u can get even more bang for your buck

i personally watched a ton of buyers guides when i was getting into guitar, was well worth the time.

if i were buying one today (ive been looking off an on for a bit) it would be a StingRay RAY34 in that purple sparkle
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll