d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Uk - How Long Will Liz Truss Be Party Leader
Prev13456721Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 35,445.24
Warn: 10%
Sep 27 2022 03:24am
Quote (ferdia @ Sep 27 2022 04:00am)
This youtube video is whats wrong with english media - they look at immigration and are fed that this is the problem in england today. immigration is not the problem. not dealing with poverty correctly is the problem. not integrating different cultures into their society, crime, is the problem.

here are 3 alternative videos' :

The Guardian :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF-tcBHHKPY

key highlights to this video (1) pausing green initiative (2) english people need to work more (3) correctly identifies the social divide.

Relating to same - england cannot afford to go green, so more power to her re: fracking and nuclear power, it has to be done in the short term for england to recover. Also, telling the english people to work more is all well and good but then you have to have the right schemes in place in order for them to be further education, being skilled in the business to which england has kicked their hail mary (rather then look abroad for skilled labor).

I wanted another video from another source but well - PMQ's. As there is no journalism here im happy to treat this as an independent source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmCeSZgRnck

key highlight: it remains to be seen how much of the billions being pumped into the economy will trickle down to those at the bottom end of the social ladder (the perennial issue for england).

Finally - disclaimer now, i am not a fan of Nigel Farage (he championed Brexit for decades and to my mind is misguided when referencing national interest), but well here he is being interviewed by the telegraph, outlining the state of affairs from his viewpoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4AAnzclTsk

key take away - they have alot of obstacles to overcome, critically they need to attract working class Britain - and none of their policies would appear to have this in mind. <- i do agree with this.

England for the English only has worked for thousands of years....
Gold: 127,418.50
Sep 29 2022 02:39am
Truss just broke the UK economy for generations.
Government borrowing interest rates have increased dramatically and the value of the £ has fallen to record lows.

To those who said Scotland is too small to be independent. Or that Scotland is better together with England.

What would they say now? Irelands economy booming and they don't actually produce anything. No offense Ireland.

Should Scotland remain and have another unelected Tory PM destroy economic prosperity for future generations?

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Sep 29 2022 02:39am
Gold: 63.45
Warn: 30%
Sep 29 2022 03:42am
Quote (ferdia @ Sep 8 2022 01:51pm)
This will be my United Kingdom (UK) topic, specifically relating to the current leadership (headed by Liz Truss) of the party in power (The Conservative Party) and how long it will remain (i hope some of you got that pun). My working assumption is that the current government, and its new Leader, Liz Truss, is DOOMED to fail and that this will culminate in Liz Truss either resigning or being kicked down, and the UK being worse off by the end of it. Now, I don't mind being proven wrong, after all, who sets out to fail? if time proves the current government successful, then more power to them and I wish them well. However there are deep ingrained issues in both English politics and the party in power, such that I envisage this as a train journey on its way to a cliff.

Here are the key problems as I see it:

1. Liz Truss has surrounded herself with (some, not all) people that are either die hard moronic, strongly opposed to the EU, deluded thoughts of self importance or simply dangerous. Liz Truss is also known to not listen to people that give advise she does not want to hear.

2. The conservative party is strongly anti-EU (how dare the EU tell us what to do!) and see themselves as superior (where have we heard that before) therefore will not do anything to be "helpful" "considerate" to either EU governments or eu people, nevermind to ordinary people on the islands of UK & Ireland. That means problems in Northern Ireland (the protocol -this may also involve the US), problems in Scotland (another independence vote) and problems with the EU directly (trade).

3. The EU is on a one-way trip into a recession and it will be very challenging for the UK Government to combat this.

How is it a bad thing ?

As you just said eu is going to shit. If we see european geographic countries, all the top countries there aren't in eu (hi Sweiss)

Wanting to return into a sinking ship would be a very bad move imo
Gold: 44,456.19
Sep 29 2022 05:33am
Quote (sirthom @ Sep 27 2022 10:24am)
England for the English only has worked for thousands of years....

The expression England for the English could be seen as racist. However, the fact is, from the outside looking in, it looks more like "England... for the Rich English only. I cannot fathom why everyone else in England would want to live like this.

England for the Rich English:

Here is a link to support my comment : https://equalitytrust.org.uk/scale-economic-inequality-uk
and another link here: https://www.ft.com/content/d52743ca-c669-4c71-941f-8281230a21b5
and to make the triple: https://www.bigissue.com/news/social-justice/what-you-need-to-know-about-uk-inequality/

Migrants out:

Here is a link to support the view that the Government is aiding and abetting a narrative of exclusion:

https://www.libertyhumanrights.org.uk/fundamental/hostile-environment/
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43782241

In a country where the narrative is EU BAD ENGLAND GOOD and where "foreigners" that have contributed to englands growth (for decades) are kicked out, it is no wonder that an element of England for the English makes its way here. Such a narrative has been spoon fed to the english people for decades now. its simply wrong and is masking the profound issue of social inequality, keeping the rich on top and the poor in the gutter.

Quote (Melatonina @ Sep 29 2022 10:42am)
How is it a bad thing ?

As you just said eu is going to shit. If we see european geographic countries, all the top countries there aren't in eu (hi Sweiss)

Wanting to return into a sinking ship would be a very bad move imo

Nobody in their right mind should want to see England collapse. Or France, or Germany, or America (or China or Russia). Whether they are the EU or not, they are a great country and I would much rather have sound neighbors then destitute ones. I view this the same way I view America's "bringing democracy to the world". The running idea as i understand it is, if you bring democracy to the world, the world will conform to your way of thinking, and you can work with the world. In this way I would be of the running view : bringing social equality to the world sothat the world has agreed principles on equality. in this regard I view the conservative party in england as a dead end and the sooner voters realize this, the better for england as a whole.

Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Sep 29 2022 09:39am)
Truss just broke the UK economy for generations.
Government borrowing interest rates have increased dramatically and the value of the £ has fallen to record lows.

To those who said Scotland is too small to be independent. Or that Scotland is better together with England.

What would they say now? Irelands economy booming and they don't actually produce anything. No offense Ireland.

Should Scotland remain and have another unelected Tory PM destroy economic prosperity for future generations?

I would not say that the government broke the UK economy for generations. I would say the markets are not happy, they dont understand or agree with the plan and they are very skeptical on whether this will result in a recovery. I stand by the view that something had to to done and this was the most obvious choice. From a historical standpoint it may work, but that the distribution of wealth will only widen further, and in this regard its perpetuating the notion of England for the Rich English only.

This post was edited by ferdia on Sep 29 2022 05:54am
Gold: 35,445.24
Sep 29 2022 07:42am
Quote (ferdia @ Sep 29 2022 06:33am)
The expression England for the English could be seen as racist. However, the fact is, from the outside looking in, it looks more like "England... for the Rich English only. I cannot fathom why everyone else in England would want to live like this.

England for the Rich English:

Here is a link to support my comment : https://equalitytrust.org.uk/scale-economic-inequality-uk
and another link here: https://www.ft.com/content/d52743ca-c669-4c71-941f-8281230a21b5
and to make the triple: https://www.bigissue.com/news/social-justice/what-you-need-to-know-about-uk-inequality/

Migrants out:

Here is a link to support the view that the Government is aiding and abetting a narrative of exclusion:

https://www.libertyhumanrights.org.uk/fundamental/hostile-environment/
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43782241

In a country where the narrative is EU BAD ENGLAND GOOD and where "foreigners" that have contributed to englands growth (for decades) are kicked out, it is no wonder that an element of England for the English makes its way here. Such a narrative has been spoon fed to the english people for decades now. its simply wrong and is masking the profound issue of social inequality, keeping the rich on top and the poor in the gutter.

Nobody in their right mind should want to see England collapse. Or France, or Germany, or America (or China or Russia). Whether they are the EU or not, they are a great country and I would much rather have sound neighbors then destitute ones. I view this the same way I view America's "bringing democracy to the world". The running idea as i understand it is, if you bring democracy to the world, the world will conform to your way of thinking, and you can work with the world. In this way I would be of the running view : bringing social equality to the world sothat the world has agreed principles on equality. in this regard I view the conservative party in england as a dead end and the sooner voters realize this, the better for england as a whole.

I would not say that the government broke the UK economy for generations. I would say the markets are not happy, they dont understand or agree with the plan and they are very skeptical on whether this will result in a recovery. I stand by the view that something had to to done and this was the most obvious choice. From a historical standpoint it may work, but that the distribution of wealth will only widen further, and in this regard its perpetuating the notion of England for the Rich English only.

All lies.
They are intentionally bringing in your replacements.
Only whites are English.
Gold: 63.45
Warn: 30%
Sep 29 2022 08:36am
Quote (ferdia @ Sep 29 2022 01:33pm)

There is nothing to gain from rejoining eu lol. Europe was fine with 6, maximum 12 countries. Now it's a total mess runned by people nobody voted for.
As for democracy magically bringing unity, hell that's exactly the reverse of reality. Sadly democratic systems are very slow moving while autoritarians ones are faster since nobody can discuss anything.
Sep 29 2022 09:18am
Quote (Melatonina @ Sep 29 2022 03:36pm)
There is nothing to gain from rejoining eu lol. Europe was fine with 6, maximum 12 countries. Now it's a total mess runned by people nobody voted for.
As for democracy magically bringing unity, hell that's exactly the reverse of reality. Sadly democratic systems are very slow moving while autoritarians ones are faster since nobody can discuss anything.

I did not say anywhere that england would rejoin the EU. They won't, its not a topic of debate. The democracy comment was an analogy, no need to delve further about it here, i dont disagree with your closing comment.
Gold: 2,489.69
Sep 29 2022 09:21am
Quote (ferdia @ Sep 29 2022 10:18am)
I did not say anywhere that england would rejoin the EU. They won't, its not a topic of debate. The democracy comment was an analogy, no need to delve further about it here, i dont disagree with your closing comment.

i just pray Scotland leaves UK and joins EU. would be top kek funny to watch.
Sep 29 2022 10:33am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 29 2022 04:21pm)
i just pray Scotland leaves UK and joins EU. would be top kek funny to watch.

thats a conversation for this time next year, as i understand it.
Oct 1 2022 06:03pm
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/01/voters-abandon-tories-as-faith-in-economic-competence-dives

"Conservative MPs urge Liz Truss’s removal from No 10 after poll reveals British public’s fury over tax plans...Conservative party rules state that a new leader is protected from a no-confidence vote for a year. However, leading rebels point out that neither Johnson or May were forced out by a confidence vote..."

--------------

nothing unusual here. just the first of many nudges for Truss to go.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456721Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll