d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Nintendo > Pokemon Legends Arceus Worth It?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.00
Sep 4 2022 11:15pm
Debating whether I should get it.

Anyone put hours into it yet who is able to comment?
Gold: 0.00
Sep 12 2022 05:24pm
I completed the game. It was fun for a bit but a total grind to actually finish the post-game content. Unacceptably clunky for a game released after 1995. Kind of a fun mechanic; but story is super lame, boss battles were all exactly the same, and overall the environment is plain. think somewhere half way between the ocarina of time sized world and BOTW. 3/5 if you just play to the main ending, 1/5 stars for completion.
Gold: 4.00
Sep 12 2022 07:21pm
Quote (Sagewisher @ Sep 12 2022 04:24pm)
I completed the game. It was fun for a bit but a total grind to actually finish the post-game content. Unacceptably clunky for a game released after 1995. Kind of a fun mechanic; but story is super lame, boss battles were all exactly the same, and overall the environment is plain. think somewhere half way between the ocarina of time sized world and BOTW. 3/5 if you just play to the main ending, 1/5 stars for completion.

Thanks, I was afraid of this.
Gold: 5,616.00
Sep 13 2022 03:51pm
Don’t let one opinion towards it make your decision.
In my opinion it’s really good.. I know it goes on sale occasionally so you should wait for a sale.

But if you’ve never experienced a open world Pokémon game this one is a blast. Definitely has its pros and cons I’ll put some below

Pros
- new Pokémon experience from other games
- something that doesn’t necessarily have a time limit, you can spend 3 hours + just hunting and catching Pokémon
- fairly easy to catch onto things

Cons
- a slow start, kinda confusing
- as user above said, repetitive boss battles
- kinda hard to take in all of the information they give for quests.

Overall I would still recommend this game, like.. it’s really personal preference, When it goes on a sale is probably the best time to get it though but if budget isn’t a option I would buy it and try it out.

If you’re a story player type person where you just want to keep going at the story you’re definitely going to get bored fast.

As I said, I’ve spent hours and hours just running around and catching Pokémon for fun and didn’t even worry about the story line. And just did it whenever I felt like it
Gold: 9,280.04
Sep 13 2022 09:54pm
I had a ton of fun playing it

The switched up gameplay was very refreshing from the rest of the series. Would recommend
Gold: 18,030.68
Sep 25 2022 01:48pm
Im playing it right now!

I love it, most fun game in some time!! Best pokemon game for me so far.

53h in, im in field 5/5. But prob 30h away from finishing the main quest and i see myself playing for another 50h after that :)

I love it. And yeah its grind heavy but i like that! :)
Gold: 18,030.68
Sep 25 2022 01:50pm
Quote (Lauknesi @ Sep 13 2022 11:51pm)
Don’t let one opinion towards it make your decision.
In my opinion it’s really good.. I know it goes on sale occasionally so you should wait for a sale.

But if you’ve never experienced a open world Pokémon game this one is a blast. Definitely has its pros and cons I’ll put some below

Pros
- new Pokémon experience from other games
- something that doesn’t necessarily have a time limit, you can spend 3 hours + just hunting and catching Pokémon
- fairly easy to catch onto things

Cons
- a slow start, kinda confusing
- as user above said, repetitive boss battles
- kinda hard to take in all of the information they give for quests.

Overall I would still recommend this game, like.. it’s really personal preference, When it goes on a sale is probably the best time to get it though but if budget isn’t a option I would buy it and try it out.

If you’re a story player type person where you just want to keep going at the story you’re definitely going to get bored fast.

As I said, I’ve spent hours and hours just running around and catching Pokémon for fun and didn’t even worry about the story line. And just did it whenever I felt like it

Same about playing how i like it :)
Quests will be done when i like to haha
Gold: 10.00
Oct 2 2022 09:34am
no i hate it
Gold: 5,677.00
Oct 3 2022 11:23am
I enjoyed it. It is a little repetitive but it's a fun new way to play Pokemon. Better than vanilla main series games in my opinion (from someone that mostly plays rom hacks)
Go Back To Nintendo Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll