d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Trading
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,013.34
Sep 13 2022 10:53am
Quote (KDACardano @ 13 Sep 2022 01:19)
It is cheating because the game would favor rich people. But if you don't plan to buy items that means you plan to be lucky!

But if the game favors lucky people is that not also cheating?

By being very lucky, essentially, you obtain more than other people with lesser effort.

Moreover, you would like to enforce this unfair advantage by preventing unlucky people from fixing their bad luck with money and getting on your level.

And if you don't plan to be lucky, it means you're not competitive and it shouldn't bother you what people do to get ahead xD

How does game chose who gonna be lucky? Is it by random, lucky by luck? And why i have to be competitive to be lucky, isn't luck something that comes no mather other factors? And also u said lucky and very lucky, so there are levels of luck(in one level i need to be competative to be lucky and in other i just obtain more than other people with lesser effort) ? I know how buying items with real money works but i don't know percisely how luck in games works, so you need to tell me how does it work so i can answer your question because i know little about luck in the arpg games and its first time i hear some of those statments.

I can answer your question from my view of "luck" since in my understanding (your luck) its called playing the game.

Game should only favore people who play the game, so more hours you have played more "lucky and competative you get" since you aleedy have fixed chances of item droping from each mob so its easy tonunderstand how it works, you can be extremly lucky in first hit but thats like playing a lotarry. Games are made to be played not to get lucky so you could play it or to spend cash to play(only exception is buying the game or having monthly fee, but thats selfevident since it doesn't interfear with structure and gaming expirience itself).

This post was edited by Fankytore on Sep 13 2022 11:22am
Sep 13 2022 11:26am
And by games i mean arpg games on D4 topic. E/for my post above

This post was edited by Fankytore on Sep 13 2022 11:27am
Gold: 0.37
Sep 13 2022 05:04pm
Quote (Fankytore @ Sep 13 2022 12:53pm)

I can answer your question from my view of "luck" since in my understanding (your luck) its called playing the game.

Game should only favore people who play the game, so more hours you have played more "lucky and competative you get"

Placing other people at a disadvantage by playing longer hours than they can afford to play is also unfair to them.
What's unfair about it is that people with a busier life who can only play the game for 1 hour per day would like to have a similar and equally fun experience.

Shortly put, the ways in which you can obtain more than other people(and thus be unfair to them) are:

1) Pay to win
2) Play to win
3) Bot to win
4) Win by luck (accidentally)

See, in the same way that, a totally random dueler happens to be at the exact right place and the exact right time and kill a seasoned dueler and win accidentally(without any skill)...

If you also happen to get lucky then you have no merit because it's also an accident. A form of unfairness has happened where you got more than other people but it's an unfairness no one can control.

:D
Sep 13 2022 07:57pm
Quote (KDACardano @ 14 Sep 2022 01:04)
Placing other people at a disadvantage by playing longer hours than they can afford to play is also unfair to them.
What's unfair about it is that people with a busier life who can only play the game for 1 hour per day would like to have a similar and equally fun experience.

Shortly put, the ways in which you can obtain more than other people(and thus be unfair to them) are:

1) Pay to win
2) Play to win
3) Bot to win
4) Win by luck (accidentally)

See, in the same way that, a totally random dueler happens to be at the exact right place and the exact right time and kill a seasoned dueler and win accidentally(without any skill)...

If you also happen to get lucky then you have no merit because it's also an accident. A form of unfairness has happened where you got more than other people but it's an unfairness no one can control.

:D

By that logic then i can write the same for people who wants to play game for more hours, that then those people are put to disadvantage since others can play little and get everything. Arpg games are made to be played, thats the point of it atleast from most players perspective as far as i know.

I guess you didnt read or you don't know how arpg drop chances function when you are repeating the same thing about luck, since you are reapeting yourself i will have to ask you to answer my questions about luck in arpg games from previous post because i can't understand that part good.

Here/ edited
How does game chose who gonna be lucky? Is it by random, lucky by luck? And why i have to be competitive to be lucky, isn't luck something that comes no mather of other factors? And also u said lucky and very lucky, so there are levels of luck(in one level i need to be competative to be lucky and in other i just obtain more than other people with lesser effort) ? How do you mesure luck and how does game desides how much luck who gonna get since there are diffrent types of luck, some people are lucky some more lucky some extremly lucky, how do you explain all of that working in a arpg? Pls explain that system to me because first time i hear about that in arpg were you buy items from botters and if you don't want to do that then you just get lucky and get gear, but what if you don't get lucky?

This post was edited by Fankytore on Sep 13 2022 08:21pm
Sep 13 2022 08:28pm
Edit/ That unfairness you talk about can be controled by playing the game, its that simple, if you don't have time to grind and beat "unfairness" then its up to you to adjust if you like Diablo game, hole world will not adjust to you or majorty would not adjust to minorty be it right or wrong..

This post was edited by Fankytore on Sep 13 2022 08:42pm
Sep 13 2022 09:10pm
As far as pvp goes i undestand you, map will point one good player and random noob can come and deliver last hit on him and get all the rewards from much higher player and all of that will be in open world so its not comparable to Diablo 2 pvp were you had 8 guys max ingame and there could be lv cap and diffrence set before making the game. But if i think about it, there not gonna be much chance for that random noob to kill op players since other better players will be near that marked one, so chances for that scenario to happend is 1% or less imo. So for that 1% of unfairness they should not destroy the hole pvp system.

Sry about 3 posts it took some time for me to think, write and then 30 minutes of edit time has passed, so i couldn't edit first post.

This post was edited by Fankytore on Sep 13 2022 09:19pm
Sep 14 2022 05:54am
Quote (Fankytore @ Sep 13 2022 09:57pm)

How does game chose who gonna be lucky? Is it by random, lucky by luck?

It's a random function probability script assigning low probabilities to good items like legs and high probability to bad items like rares/magic. So it's random.

But that randomness can make it so that early ladder, you get all good items early compared to your friends, and if items are account bound and you can't hook them up, they will stop playing with you.

Similarly, in a duel, the remaining 99%(where 1% is pure dumb luck) is due to skill, however, as a skilled player, you should sometimes lose on purpose to your friends so that they don't feel bad.

Sep 15 2022 04:41am
Quote (KDACardano @ 14 Sep 2022 13:54)

But that randomness can make it so that early ladder, you get all good items early compared to your friends.

Yes it can happend but chances for that are like one guy from all winning a lottary ticket, but thats the case if they make real arpg game like D2. And also if there not gonna be open trading then everyone will get good items fast similar to D3 especially with smart loot.

Sep 15 2022 12:03pm
Quote (Fankytore @ Sep 15 2022 06:41am)
Yes it can happend but chances for that are like one guy from all winning a lottary ticket, but thats the case if they make real arpg game like D2. And also if there not gonna be open trading then everyone will get good items fast similar to D3 especially with smart loot.

True, however, for you to perceive your items as being good, you have to compare them with something. If your friends also have your items, they are only average.

The polarization between good and bad is both quantitative and qualitative. If fewer and fewer people have greater and greater quality items, they consider their items OP as opposed to average.

They can refer to their items as being good but then their "good" will lose its meaning.

Sep 15 2022 12:21pm
Quote (KDACardano @ 15 Sep 2022 20:03)
True, however, for you to perceive your items as being good, you have to compare them with something. If your friends also have your items, they are only average.

The polarization between good and bad is both quantitative and qualitative. If fewer and fewer people have greater and greater quality items, they consider their items OP as opposed to average.

They can refer to their items as being good but then their "good" will lose its meaning.

Yup, thats how it should work.
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll