d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > I Want To Learn How To Get Coding From Games Or Ap
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 605.08
Aug 27 2022 03:50pm
Reason is I want to create a game and app
Gold: 169.00
Aug 29 2022 06:52am
Do you want to create apps or you want to create games?
Both of those fields require a lot of knowledge, time and practice.

[Games]
There are two ways of making it:

1. Hard way: By mastering C++, this will be long, painful and hard way if you have never been in programming. It might take you even 1 year of studying and practicing before you would be able to see any satisfying results.
Most of the game engines are build with it:

Unreal Engine
Lumberyard
Godot
Source
Cryengine

2. Easy way:
it would be to use one of simpler engines. For example, I would advice you to start with Unity.
Unity is a cross-platform game engine. It mostly uses C# code, and there are already stuff done for you (simple modeling, physics, objects, methods etc.)
You would be able to have results just by watching tutorials, and I would suggest you to use Brackeys tutorials on youtube, it can guide you from the start to the end result. You will enjoy it

3. Please note that you can make games in any languages, but these two ways up there are the most common ones, but you can make games in Javascript, Python, Java etc.

Apps

You haven't explained a lot what do you mean by making apps, so you must be more specific.
You can make desktop and machines (Java, C#, C++ etcc), you can make Web apps (Html/Css, Js , frameworks etc), you can make mobile apps (Xamarin, Swift, React Native etc.) and so on..

If you want to make popular mobile apps or web apps, your stack and easiest way would be:
1. Learn computer science basics (variables, loops, algorithms, data structures etc.)
2. Learn to make simple interactive web pages (HTML / CSS / Javascript).
3. Learn to make more complex sites using popular frontend and backend methodologies and frameworks for example:
Backend: (NodeJs, C#/.Net, Python etc.)
Frontend: (ReactJs, AngularJs, Vue, Svelte, Bootstrap, MaterialU and stuff liike that)
Databases: SQL (MSSQL, PostgreSQL...) or NoSQL (MongoDb) or in some cases stuff like Elasticsearch.
4. After you get familiar and experienced in web apps, you could make a switch in a career to cross-platform mobile apps, and you could use pre-existing knowledge of lets say ReactJs to develop mobile apps with React Native instead of learning Swift or Xamarin.

This is not full answer, as I have no idea what you actually want to do - but these are some guidlines where you can start.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll