d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > New Setup With 3080ti Getting Really Hot Need Help
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 29 2022 06:17am
Quote (mowfoe @ 23 Aug 2022 08:09)
hi i just bought myselft a new setup and its the first tower gaming PC i own.
i always had gaming laptop so i have no idea how to manage my things in there

PC part list :
motherboard : aorus z690
I7 12700 kf
rtx 3080 ti amp holo zotac gaming
2x 16g ddr 4 3600 hz
m.2 1to pci 4.0
aio aorus 360mm 3 fan watercooler

and my case i have 3 fan on the front and 1 exhaust fan
im wondering about my air flow .

if i leave my glass side panel on the air coming out of my exhaust fan is smoldering hot and my gpu raise to 80C / 176f

this is my setup
https://imgur.com/a/hZfhRdt

i guess i need a second exhaust fan but were to put it ?
also my aio rad with 3 fan is right where the 3 input fan can they fight the air flow ? they are 1 agaisnt each other from each side of the rad ?

Zotac Is the lowest Quality brand out there, and on average runs extra hot by 8 Degrees-C

I would recommend installing latest driver.
theninstall MSI Afterburner
Click the gear on the left side panel
click the fan tab , checkmark the box that says " enable user defined software automatic fan control.
* Click apply, and ok * nothing else needs to be changed/modified

( MSI afterburner ) will start up automatically when you turn the computer on, and you can always disable that option or uninstall if you ever decide to later on.
The Graphics card 1,2, or 3 fans will automatically go from 10% to 15% speed. Maybe 15% to 22% ( Basically running 10 to 12% faster on average ) Reducing your computer temps from Example 60 to 34.

Nvidia Purposely underclocks the fans to make them last longer , and to be Quiet as possible. ( Even at max speed you won't really hear it )
( now this may bring your Fans life expectancy down from 20 years to 18 years, but I would hope you get an upgrade by then or simply just get a fan replacement.

Now if you decide you don't want this extra little handy software, Like I just mentioned above, you can always get aftermarket fans for the case , cpu, and graphics card.
hope this info helps.
Gold: 10,655.00
Aug 29 2022 11:48am

If I understand what you're saying... you have three front intake fans AND the three radiator fans, blowing "against" each other?
If so... that is why the temps are so high.

You need to mount the radiator on the top of the case. Then the three intake fans will actually be doing something.
As for the radiator on top... you'll have to try it set up as intake and as exhaust... to see which helps more.
Gold: 896.00
Aug 29 2022 03:03pm
Quote (conetopia @ Aug 29 2022 08:17am)
https://i.gyazo.com/eb05e0762864ccd04d8c79652a80b8f0.png
Zotac Is the lowest Quality brand out there, and on average runs extra hot by 8 Degrees-C

I would recommend installing latest driver.
theninstall MSI Afterburner
Click the gear on the left side panel
click the fan tab , checkmark the box that says " enable user defined software automatic fan control.
* Click apply, and ok * nothing else needs to be changed/modified

( MSI afterburner ) will start up automatically when you turn the computer on, and you can always disable that option or uninstall if you ever decide to later on.
The Graphics card 1,2, or 3 fans will automatically go from 10% to 15% speed. Maybe 15% to 22% ( Basically running 10 to 12% faster on average ) Reducing your computer temps from Example 60 to 34.

Nvidia Purposely underclocks the fans to make them last longer , and to be Quiet as possible. ( Even at max speed you won't really hear it )
( now this may bring your Fans life expectancy down from 20 years to 18 years, but I would hope you get an upgrade by then or simply just get a fan replacement.

hi there, i will defenetly try that software for sure. Tomorrow im exchanging my 360mm for a 240mm rad and i will put it on top of my case as try it as exhaust.
as for the zotax brand i believe you that its the cheapeast brand.
I checked a video of the ranking of all 3080 ti card and the zotax amp holo is not all the way down the list its really in the middle but they do run very high in temp and can't be overclocked and such
But i think the review on it isnt that bad or there's worst ****

Gold: 0.00
Aug 29 2022 09:19pm
Quote (mowfoe @ 29 Aug 2022 16:03)
hi there, i will defenetly try that software for sure. Tomorrow im exchanging my 360mm for a 240mm rad and i will put it on top of my case as try it as exhaust.
I checked a video of the ranking of all 3080 ti card and the zotax amp holo is not all the way down the list its really in the middle but they do run very high in temp and can't be overclocked and such

Exhausting out the top is the best as heat rises.
Gold: 84.10
Aug 30 2022 01:07pm
Quote (conetopia @ Aug 29 2022 10:19pm)

this has been busted many times

Quote (mowfoe @ Aug 29 2022 04:03pm)

I think you should simply add top fans and use a curve on you gpu
i have owned many multi gpu systems and I can tell you balance airflow many huge difference and had radiator in front also along with top and having balanced airflow(gpu fan curve) made all the difference no mater where the rad was mounted

now I go big cases for now
3080ti with 650ti (more monitors) and or 1060 i had laying around
before that 1080ti sli 650ti which was mounted in switch 810 too
before that 970 sli with 650ti was in swtich 810 also
Gold: 896.00
Sep 1 2022 06:33am
Quote (conetopia @ Aug 29 2022 08:17am)

Quote (MadMardi @ Aug 25 2022 04:30pm)

Quote (conetopia @ Aug 29 2022 11:19pm)

okay thanks all of you, I finished the setup and I changed my 360mm for a 240mm phantek rad. I used the 2 fan that came with the phantek rad for main exhaust and main intake spot.
i fixed my 240mm rad on the front high as possible behind 2 intake fan leaving the bottom part wide open for the phantek t30 fan as intake.
i relocated 2 fan that came with the case ( the exhaust and the bottom intake one ) and fixed them on top of my case as exhaust

i closed my case and played all night and my 3080ti was still on 73C

Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll