d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Will You Have Fun With D4 Itemization?
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,013.34
Sep 4 2022 10:54am
Quote (OrdinaryGirl @ 4 Sep 2022 18:44)
I never said I was only willing to play for a few months before I get bored. You know you can build more than one character right? It would still take a few years to build up a complete account of different character builds without being a slave to the game.

I know but i mostly don't like(it doesnt fit me) all the characters gameplay stlyes so i mostly stick to maxing one or two.

This post was edited by Fankytore on Sep 4 2022 10:54am
Gold: 5.50
Sep 4 2022 10:57am
Quote (OrdinaryGirl @ 4 Sep 2022 19:22)
What others ways can they implement more useful drops without deflating the game? No matter how those items get into your stash, whether it be smart loot or increased drop rate, the only thing that it deflates is the third party market, which is what I want to avoid having to deal with.

To clarify, end game items and best items are not the same, right? If yes, I'm totally fine with subset of end game gear having higher drop rate. Just for the sake of dropping smart loot.
Gold: 6,130.70
Sep 4 2022 11:01am
Quote (Madmaxio @ Sep 4 2022 09:57am)
To clarify, end game items and best items are not the same, right? If yes, I'm totally fine with subset of end game gear having higher drop rate. Just for the sake of dropping smart loot.

Correct. I dont care about perfect items or the best crafted items/rares. I just want to be able to find "the good stuff" that allows me to kill everything in the game without needing to struggle too much. (Griffons, maras,runes,SOJS!)
Sep 4 2022 11:03am
Quote (Fankytore @ 4 Sep 2022 19:23)
Dude, arpg is arpg and like D2 it req time for play on higher level which means that its a real arpg, if you want to get all things in a less than month or two then arpg is sadly not for you anymore.. You can’t have all in life. No hard feelings but i would rather get real arpg then play it for years 2 hours per day (in your case) than getting some hybrid smart loot game were you beat the game and gear to the top in a 3 months and then just go in end game(some rift) endlessly for higher numbers with no connection to the rest of the game fields. In my case i could just speed up process were would you get anyway sooner or later in real arpg, since i would play game for lets say 8 - 10 hours per day and have fun for a year or two which is the best since they will ruin the game whit changes even if they start good.

Totally agree, some higher order gear targets should be always available for all players, no matter are they casual or not. And this doesn't mean decent end game gear should be something ultra rare or hard to get.
Sep 4 2022 11:08am
Quote (OrdinaryGirl @ 4 Sep 2022 20:01)
Correct. I dont care about perfect items or the best crafted items/rares. I just want to be able to find "the good stuff" that allows me to kill everything in the game without needing to struggle too much. (Griffons, maras,runes,SOJS!)

I think it is just a trap/design flaw that exists in D2. D2 is somehow special in this (negative) way, as you said mostly about runes and high end uniques.

Such a design should be avoided by developers ofc.
Gold: 8,013.34
Sep 4 2022 12:58pm
Quote (Madmaxio @ 4 Sep 2022 19:03)
Totally agree, some higher order gear targets should be always available for all players, no matter are they casual or not. And this doesn't mean decent end game gear should be something ultra rare or hard to get.

Yeah, similar to D2 were first goal is to get decent farming gear, then with that gear you can slowly start getting end game gear, but there was open trading were you could all of that mid tier gear and runes trade and save up for better item but still it req you to play the game. I mean its easy, we alredy have the best working model and thats D2, they can make eather best model or worst on diffrent scales depending what they exclude from the best model.

This post was edited by Fankytore on Sep 4 2022 01:03pm
Gold: 1,339.70
Warn: 10%
Sep 27 2022 04:41am
Quote (Madmaxio @ Aug 23 2022 12:01pm)
Smart loot - the game guarantees you will get decent items for your class.

No trading for major items - you will live in a bubble of items you found (via smartloot).

Big numbers remain - as far as I see from screenshots posted.

Main stat concept from D3 probably still exists - not sure about that, but that's the point of smart loot. It determines your main stat first of all.

With all that above will you be happy enough to enjoy the game and continue playing?

Sounds like a Nightmare tbh. Absolutely horrible.
Gold: 282,313.02
Sep 27 2022 05:29am
No I will not enjoy the 2022 application of D3-styled-green-arrow-goodplsequip-red-arrow-badplssalvage and restricted trading.
Gold: 15,945.00
Sep 27 2022 03:45pm
D4 is an mmorpg, if I am to choose between 2 mmorpgs I will choose classic WoW.
Gold: 10,260.00
Oct 20 2022 12:47am
Quote (OrdinaryGirl @ Aug 26 2022 06:12pm)
As an older player, I am sick of dealing with all the egos on here just to get items I need because it would be a long shot to find the item myself. Save that for the kids that need to compensate.

I wouldn't mind playing a game I knew I wouldn't have to spend years on just to acuire "the good stuff". I have a life now and just want something casual and doesn't have those annoying numbers popping up over my head.

Assuming you're not trolling "ordinary girl", it sounds like you just aren't good at video games. If you can't self find items in a fully fleshed out 20 year old game Diablo probably isn't super well suited for you.

No reason to ruin the experience for the people who have actually played Diablo for upwards of two decades and like it for what it was originally, a grindy ARPG where gearing is supposed to be a gradual progression.

Legitimately you can run hell meph for like an hour or two a week on a blizzard sorc with piss poor gear (Tarnhelm/3 ptopaz helm, spirit sword, skullders, nagels, chancies, etc. Even if you can't afford these, you can literally mote trick mephisto virtually naked since he can't attack you) and you should be able to easily get an arach, shako, mara's as well as enough excess currency to trade for the other items you would need for an endgame build, all within the span of a couple weeks.

Quote (OrdinaryGirl @ Sep 4 2022 09:44am)
I never said I was only willing to play for a few months before I get bored. You know you can build more than one character right? It would still take a few years to build up a complete account of different character builds without being a slave to the game.

You say this as though you're supposed to be able to fully gear all 7 characters in a short time frame. What content would you even do with all 7 characters fully geared? You do realize gearing is the majority of the actual game. Sure you could kill uber trist and D clone a few times, but the game is primarily centered around optimizing gear. Once you're actually geared there's almost nothing to do in the game besides make another character... If you've made all the characters you'd probably log on, do a chaos run or two, get bored because nothing that drops matters and the bosses have long since become trivialized, and you'd log out with no tangible goals or sense of accomplishment left.

Finding gear upgrades is supposed to be a drawn out process to make it genuinely exciting when you do get an upgrade, and form an attachment to your characters.

sure it might be fun for an hour or two to hop on D3, get your class set, and suddenly do 16 trillion damage, but it's incredibly unhealthy for the longevity of the game, and you have other options elsewhere. When you spout sentiment like this, you increase the likelihood that another game will be ruined to pander to you, despite the fact that you're clearly not the target demo. Not everything has to be for you. Leave Diablo as Diablo.

This post was edited by Jacobbc2 on Oct 20 2022 12:52am
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll