d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Archives > D2:R Hardcore Ladder 2022+ >
Service
> Barb Weapons
Prev12
Closed New Topic
Gold: 81,240.00
Aug 16 2022 03:03pm
Quote (Kazric @ Aug 16 2022 11:01pm)
The general information was all correct but what you're implying is the numbers I was using is wrong.

I'll investigate further before I re post.

Yup but not about the frames for WW since it's changed
Gold: 2,428.00
Aug 16 2022 03:04pm
Quote (vapegun @ Aug 16 2022 05:03pm)

Cool, would be good to have all the right data for that too.

I've been a staunch proponent of the eth death cs this ladder, we can finally hit a realistic ww breakpoint with it, and that feels GREAT
Gold: 0.00
Aug 16 2022 03:05pm
Quote (vapegun @ Aug 16 2022 05:03pm)

You're still wrong, the information i had provided included information on the WW changed frames and how to utilize slower weapons with the changes.

Did you even bother reading? Also your chart has figures off by intervals of like 3% attack speed. Negligible differences considering there is no 3% attack speed item to my knowledge......

Not sure if trolling or not yet.
Aug 16 2022 03:09pm
Quote (Kazric @ Aug 16 2022 11:05pm)
You're still wrong, the information i had provided included information on the WW changed frames and how to utilize slower weapons with the changes.

Did you even bother reading? Also your chart has figures off by intervals of like 3% attack speed. Negligible differences considering there is no 3% attack speed item to my knowledge......

Not sure if trolling or not yet.

As i said before ur picture showed wrong frames breakpoints, i just provided you the _exact_ frames breakpoints with each weapon both with the utlization of slower weapons and what not.
Since ur picture showed how WW breakpoints worked before the change so i just said it was misinformation that's all.

For example your picture showed 34 ias to hit max frame on WW with berserker axe which isn't the case anymore.
Now you need to reach 63 ias with your ias on your weapon + other slots to reach max frame on a Berserker Axe with whirlwind.
So for example you have a grief berserker axe with 30 ias + highlord 20 ias + gloves 20 ias will reach max frame since it is more than 63 IAS

All can get calculated with this... anyhow if anyone care about their frames.
https://warren1001.github.io/IAS_Calculator/

This post was edited by vapegun on Aug 16 2022 03:18pm
Aug 16 2022 03:22pm
Quote (vapegun @ Aug 16 2022 05:09pm)
As i said before ur picture showed wrong frames breakpoints, i just provided you the _exact_ frames breakpoints with each weapon both with the utlization of slower weapons and what not.
Since ur picture showed how WW breakpoints worked before the change so i just said it was misinformation that's all.

For example your picture showed 34 ias to hit max frame on WW with berserker axe which isn't the case anymore.
Now you need to reach 63 ias with your ias on your weapon + other slots to reach max frame on a Berserker Axe with whirlwind.
So for example you have a grief berserker axe with 30 ias + highlord 20 ias + gloves 20 ias will reach max frame since it is more than 63 IAS

All can get calculated with this... anyhow if anyone care about their frames.
https://warren1001.github.io/IAS_Calculator/

Ty for the information.
Seems a little odd that they would "Change" the breakpoints altogether. The blue post lead me to believe it was left unchanged and that they just made it operate like other skills (attack speed from all sources applied).

Changed the logic for determining how often Whirlwind attacks occur. Whirlwind now incorporates Increased Attack Speed (IAS) from all equipment. The frames between each Whirlwind attack are equal to the attack frame of a basic attack for that character (modified by increased attack speed). While dual wielding, the attack frame for each weapon will be averaged (rounding up). Overall, Whirlwind attacks should be at least as fast as they were before. Slower weapons will attack notably faster.

I hadn't even realized they completely rewrote the breakpoints.

This post was edited by Kazric on Aug 16 2022 03:23pm
Aug 16 2022 03:23pm
Quote (Kazric @ Aug 16 2022 05:22pm)
Ty for the information.
Seems a little odd that they would "Change" the breakpoints altogether. The blue post lead me to believe it was left unchanged and that they just made it operate like other skills (attack speed from all sources applied).

I also did not know this.

Thanks Vape!
Aug 16 2022 03:27pm
Quote (Kazric @ Aug 16 2022 11:22pm)
Ty for the information.

Yeah they changed how WW works instead of getting calculated from weapon ias it gets calculated from all your ias which also means being frozen/slowed/decrepified also affects your frames sadly.
But atleast they fixed short whirls so they actually hit the targets, also made slower weapons more viable with WW since you can affect ur frames with more than just the weapon ias.
They also average your attackspeed out when using 2 weapons so slower and faster gets average which means usually you're stuck at 5 frames instead of max frame being 4 which is fine regardless, means you can actually use Grief PB with Eth death CS for example.
Before it would hurt your DPS too much, also can use just death CS as your main weapon since you can reach 5 frames with just 35 ias on your gear which is viable but not optimal ofcourse.

Anyhow all the breakpoints is in the calculator so if anyone is intrested in the breakpoints just go check urself, now i will go sleep xD

This post was edited by vapegun on Aug 16 2022 03:33pm
Aug 16 2022 03:34pm
Quote (vapegun @ Aug 16 2022 05:27pm)
Yeah they changed how WW works instead of getting calculated from weapon ias it gets calculated from all your ias which also means being frozen/slowed/decrepified also affects your frames sadly.
But atleast they fixed short whirls so they actually hit the targets, also made slower weapons more viable with WW since you can affect ur frames with more than just the weapon ias.

Yeah this all makes sense to me. I just hadn't realized that they had changed the numbers from the original breakpoints.
Aug 16 2022 03:36pm
Quote (Kazric @ Aug 16 2022 05:34pm)
Yeah this all makes sense to me. I just hadn't realized that they had changed the numbers from the original breakpoints.

It really is cutting edge new, most people don't even know off weapon ias applies to fury and ww now.

Glad we're getting knowledge!
Go Back To D2:R Hardcore Ladder 2022+ Topic List
Prev12
Closed New Topic