d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Strategy & Guides > Noob Here
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 9 2022 08:56pm
Looking to hop into this next league. I honestly dont know where to start!

I do have path of building, and I do have a friend that is going to help me. I want to be ready to rush through on aug 19th. I know private leagues start on the 16th for practice/testing. What should I be doing to prepare as a total noob? lol
Gold: 81,153.69
Aug 10 2022 05:40am
follow a guide for everything and learn along the way.

find a build that interests you on youtube, there'll be plenty in the upcoming weeks, then check with your more experienced friend if hes reputable / if the build is league start friendly.

Don't worry about rushing the campaign, take it slow read the skill gems, read the nodes, try to understand how the build youre following works.

Go youtube the different currencies and what they do in the context of crafting, learn about basic crafts. most guides will also have a crafting guide for the items they recommend.

If your're intending to play trade go play around with the trade league website, learn how to search for specific things.

If youre intending to use forum gold to buy gear, please be careful as it is against TOS and you will get banned if you dont cover your tracks. I would recommend not using forum gold especially on your first league.

Look up early league farming strategies, learn about chaose recipes, infinite heists etc so you wont be so broke when u reach maps.

use an item filter

This post was edited by teamsleep on Aug 10 2022 05:41am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 10 2022 07:05am
Quote (teamsleep @ Aug 10 2022 07:40am)
follow a guide for everything and learn along the way.

find a build that interests you on youtube, there'll be plenty in the upcoming weeks, then check with your more experienced friend if hes reputable / if the build is league start friendly.

Don't worry about rushing the campaign, take it slow read the skill gems, read the nodes, try to understand how the build youre following works.

Go youtube the different currencies and what they do in the context of crafting, learn about basic crafts. most guides will also have a crafting guide for the items they recommend.

If your're intending to play trade go play around with the trade league website, learn how to search for specific things.

If youre intending to use forum gold to buy gear, please be careful as it is against TOS and you will get banned if you dont cover your tracks. I would recommend not using forum gold especially on your first league.

Look up early league farming strategies, learn about chaose recipes, infinite heists etc so you wont be so broke when u reach maps.

use an item filter

Thank you so much for the lengthy information on post I will definitely try to utilize all this information the best I can and not be a total scrub this league lol
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic