d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Underwhelmed
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
BigChode
Group: Member
Gold: 715.50
Aug 5 2022 08:29pm
New to D2R. but have played legacy for decades.

Recently got d2r on console and was excited to try a different build. Normally I play HCL and stick to the tried and true cookie cutter builds. When I saw they buffed the bowzon I was excited to try it out as they have always been lackluster in years past. Went with a physical Multishot build. Currently have Critical Strike, Penetrate, Multi, and GA all maxed.

Fast forward a few days of grinding and acquiring gear. Im pretty let down with the damage and viability even with the patch buff. Am I missing something?

Gear:
Torch
Fort
WF
Razortail
Wartravs
LoH
Cats Eye
Ravenfrost
Dual Leach
Helm is currently Gface with the plan to move to something that has 45% ias.

A2 Might mercy with Reapers

The clear speed on P1 in hell is less than great. Am I just used to the meta builds being so much better that this will never be comparable? Is the lack of helm and IAS bp what's killing me? Is the secret sauce in all the small charms? Or am I just bad.

Looking for a little feedback, tips or suggestions.

This post was edited by BigChode on Aug 5 2022 08:51pm
Haseo
Gold: 0.00
Aug 5 2022 08:47pm
Use faith gmb and 45ias ed helm
BigChode
Gold: 715.50
Aug 5 2022 08:52pm
Quote (Haseo @ Aug 5 2022 10:47pm)
Use faith gmb and 45ias ed helm

Will it start to melt then? Or is it only marginally better? I can probably swing a Faith, and a 45ias helm, but definitely not a 45ias with ED helm.
Taurean
Gold: 75.00
Aug 6 2022 05:22am
You should use grand matron bow faith, strafe, and atma's scarab. Merc should use pride runeword. Try that and see how it works.
Dolphy
Gold: 7,420.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 6 2022 09:51am
nah, bowas still suck ass pvm
DrLandau
Gold: 2.00
Aug 7 2022 06:02am
I manage to kill p4 cows with mine…maybe not super fast, but fast enough that they never get to kill me.

Maxed ga, ms, strafe, with most other points in penetrate and cs, enough in Pierce to max with razortail. A few in valk, and singles in the passives.

Atma’s helps, and procs a lot with strafe. I have Gores instead of Travs,
so those deal a bit of extra pain. Might merc has an eth ogre axe crescent moon, which I know the cool kids would never use, but I don’t need Insight and I’m too poor for Pride. I think the procs of static from crescent moon help soften up packs for my zon.

I use a lot more strafe than multi, which I do find to be underwhelming.
I’ll use multi against truly huge packs, or to knock back cows coming from multiple directions, but strafe kills faster, and requires less ias.

This post was edited by DrLandau on Aug 7 2022 06:02am
Taurean
Gold: 75.00
Aug 11 2022 09:23pm
Quote (DrLandau @ 7 Aug 2022 14:02)
I manage to kill p4 cows with mine…maybe not super fast, but fast enough that they never get to kill me.

Maxed ga, ms, strafe, with most other points in penetrate and cs, enough in Pierce to max with razortail. A few in valk, and singles in the passives.

Atma’s helps, and procs a lot with strafe. I have Gores instead of Travs,
so those deal a bit of extra pain. Might merc has an eth ogre axe crescent moon, which I know the cool kids would never use, but I don’t need Insight and I’m too poor for Pride. I think the procs of static from crescent moon help soften up packs for my zon.

I use a lot more strafe than multi, which I do find to be underwhelming.
I’ll use multi against truly huge packs, or to knock back cows coming from multiple directions, but strafe kills faster, and requires less ias.

Does kb work on every arrow with multishot? I thought such modifiers only worked with the middle two arrows. I.e. strafe would be better for that. At least you do it correctly by using atma's! Finally someone else that sees sense!

And please, don't view these bullying users "cool"... they aren't.

Crescent moon always intrigued me, i can imagine it being a help against big monster packs.
C4NTWO
Gold: 20,888.00
Aug 12 2022 08:14am
an inventory full of max dmg charms goes a long way with a bowazon.

also, how many points have you put into dex/vit?
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll