d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > The Real Reason D3 Sucked
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,190.00
Aug 7 2022 02:29pm
D3 is in fact a great Game ... but only for one season. When you figure out how things work, it instantly gets boring. I will never ever touch this game again. Its a very simple game without true minmaxing of gear/stats etc and an added multiplayer mode that’s quite cool but doesn’t resemble Diablo at all. It’s a boring retarded leveling fest, which could be efficiently done only by two/a couple of characters. No dopamine rush when getting loot.
Gold: 679.50
Aug 8 2022 08:19am
Quote (Impy @ Aug 7 2022 04:29pm)
D3 is in fact a great Game ... but only for one season. When you figure out how things work, it instantly gets boring. I will never ever touch this game again. Its a very simple game without true minmaxing of gear/stats etc and an added multiplayer mode that’s quite cool but doesn’t resemble Diablo at all. It’s a boring retarded leveling fest, which could be efficiently done only by two/a couple of characters. No dopamine rush when getting loot.

thats the thing, when you find something in d2 it feels real, you get that dopamine. i found a cham the other day in WSK playing my 94 non ladder sorc, never going to forget that
Gold: 5.50
Aug 10 2022 12:43pm
Quote (mitchflow @ 5 Aug 2022 00:51)
D2 was designed to be played hardcore. Softcore was added last minute after the fact. That's one of the fundamental reasons everything is so balanced.
And come to think of it, D1 was also straight up hardcore. Both games were vastly superior to D3.
People wanted to talk about the RMAH or some other jank, nah this most fundamental reason.
In D3's case softcore was baseline, and hardcore was added in after the fact.
And this is why I fear for D4.

p.s. hardcore in d2 is the deez nutz
p.p.s i played softcore for 20 years

The reason is BAD visual design, and BAD itemization.
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll