d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room >
Poll > Rate My Movie Please
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 98,155.09
Aug 4 2022 10:22am
in the future the games as they are called have opened to enterntain the world. Anyone can participate in the battles that are ahead to earn fame and riches beyond belief if you survive. The games are a series of battles with random rules where participants must slay the opponent and get paid. The more battles you win, your reward goes up exponentially and you can stop at anytime.

So the protagonist is a buddhist monk from the camp Immortal where they have been training for decades preparing young souls for the tournament and all the funds that they receive goes toward helping the planet and the inhabitants.

This is a story of how he becomes the greatest warrior the world has ever seen and makes loads of money and helping the innocent.
Gold: 20,950.54
Aug 10 2022 05:07am
a Buddhist monk killing for money is not realistic under any circumstance even in a fictional world.

Death games can work but need to rethink your monk angle.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 17 2022 06:36am
No movie brate
Gold: 741.00
Sep 14 2022 03:04am
hmmm i would give it a Try . :D ( 6-9 ) / i dont like fight Movies. But maybe u have good Details in you brain )

This post was edited by min_in_lld on Sep 14 2022 03:10am
Gold: 15,800.00
Oct 16 2022 01:24pm
Quote (Yurihyuga @ Aug 10 2022 06:07am)
a Buddhist monk killing for money is not realistic under any circumstance even in a fictional world.

Death games can work but need to rethink your monk angle.

i agree monks are pacifists aren't they change it from a monk
would make more sense
Gold: 508.69
Dec 6 2022 03:51pm
Quote (RaynePayce @ Aug 4 2022 11:22am)
in the future the games as they are called have opened to enterntain the world. Anyone can participate in the battles that are ahead to earn fame and riches beyond belief if you survive. The games are a series of battles with random rules where participants must slay the opponent and get paid. The more battles you win, your reward goes up exponentially and you can stop at anytime.

So the protagonist is a buddhist monk from the camp Immortal where they have been training for decades preparing young souls for the tournament and all the funds that they receive goes toward helping the planet and the inhabitants.

This is a story of how he becomes the greatest warrior the world has ever seen and makes loads of money and helping the innocent.

has a bit of similarity to hunger games imo
Gold: 0.88
Dec 21 2022 07:23am
Gold: 5,118.30
Jan 15 2023 08:32am
im gonna repeat 3 things already mentioned above:

1. im not very keen of fighting movies (unless they are really well coreographed and the plot keeps u hooked)
2. change the monk angle, maybe an ancient tribe of warrior or something of the sort
3. it doest sound a little close to the hunger games, or the squid game, and it also remind me to ready player one, but just a tip

imo it needs a turn of screw... having said that, i like the idea. i think sounds amusing

when you mentioned:

"The more battles you win, your reward goes up exponentially and you can stop at anytime."

i was waiting you mentioned a reason why the main character would feel compelled to resign, although at the end of the movie he keeps fighting as he wants to become the greatest fighter / has to go on to save someone or something / etc. i believe you can come up with a fresh plot twist that will keep the audience hooked

8/10 for now until you update:P
Gold: 8,685.98
Jan 27 2023 04:41pm
Quote (RaynePayce @ 5 Aug 2022 05:22)

Haven't voted.

When I started reading what you wrote, I instantly thought of an Arcade game, and is still being played around the world to this day:

Mortal Kombat (excluding the rewards you described).

If you know the game, you know the history, and it is similar to this movie you want to make. NOW, people have posted that "Monks" are pacifists, this is true to some extent, YET, in China, the Monks in the past were not really Pacifists, I mean, look at the Shaolin Monks, extremely well trained in the arts, and given a code to look after the people... but they will KILL for the people.

Take other movies like IP Man, he was taught his art from a Female Shaolin Monk, IP Man did not create Wing Chun, he was taught it by a Monk... this is just one example, and there are many more.

OH, forgot, your idea is also like the Game "Tekken" and if you watch some of the movies, you will find out that the Tournaments were held to find the toughest fighter in the World.

Etc... etc, I think you need more background. You have a base starting idea, but the plot needs to be more, otherwise you are just trying to create a Game, not a movie.
Gold: 0.69
Apr 1 2023 02:14pm
Quote (RaynePayce @ Aug 4 2022 12:22pm)

the monk angle is both unrealistic and difficult to relate to. would be better if the protagonist had a more compelling backstory, but not something "woke" or predictable. :huh: maybe consider multiple main characters who are fighting together as a team, but slowly eliminated one by one.
Go Back To Entertainment Room Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll