d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Level 50ish Issues, Fighter
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15,396.28
Aug 2 2022 03:39pm
So Ive tried the guide at https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=82660445&f=272 (except I have some points into Bottoms up as my noob ass thought it was hella good).

Ive started to struggle at lvl 50 however, esp with defense

My gear is a lvl 35 club with 78 EE. The guide says that level > EE, but when I try to buy weapons for lvl 50 without any EE, it seems as if my club has higher average dps. Does higher lvl weapons have a faster attack or something?

My armor is a lvl 50 38 EE titanium chain mail (phys defense 68-171, magic defense 0-36). Do I need a different base with more magic defense?

My charm has 20 str.

The guide said to go vitality until 100 pts, and then strength. Ive done the same.

I want to solo climb and I want to be "sustainable" - i.e. I dont want to spend much more fgs in LS than what Ive earned (which tends to be small 1 fg sales).

Would it be best to reset to lvl 1, or is this salvagable with some advice?

Thanks in advance!
Gold: 3,559.63
Aug 2 2022 04:51pm
Higher level weapons do not have faster attack speed. You are right that your club will be better than a plain level 50 or 55, the damage calc is:

(tier of item*(1+(ee of item/100))/tier you wanna compare)-1

A lvl 55 item is tier 14, and just subtract one for each 5 levels.

With that being said, you can definitely get to level 71 with your club, but it’ll be slow. You have a few options:

1) keep pushing
2) spend more for better gear, there are some cheap mq weapons floating around (level 50/55 with 60+ ee)
3) reroll as a rouge and buy staffs (lots of cheap staffs on the mp) you will have to go dex then, but everything else is essentially the same.

If you have any other questions, let me know :)
Gold: 3,559.63
Aug 2 2022 06:35pm
For example, there is a cheap 93ee axe here:

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=96044242&f=273&o=10

50fg for it and it will greatly increase your killing speed
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 2 2022 07:59pm
Quote (Cenderze @ Aug 2 2022 04:39pm)
So Ive tried the guide at https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=82660445&f=272 (except I have some points into Bottoms up as my noob ass thought it was hella good).

Ive started to struggle at lvl 50 however, esp with defense

My gear is a lvl 35 club with 78 EE. The guide says that level > EE, but when I try to buy weapons for lvl 50 without any EE, it seems as if my club has higher average dps. Does higher lvl weapons have a faster attack or something?

My armor is a lvl 50 38 EE titanium chain mail (phys defense 68-171, magic defense 0-36). Do I need a different base with more magic defense?

My charm has 20 str.

The guide said to go vitality until 100 pts, and then strength. Ive done the same.

I want to solo climb and I want to be "sustainable" - i.e. I dont want to spend much more fgs in LS than what Ive earned (which tends to be small 1 fg sales).

Would it be best to reset to lvl 1, or is this salvagable with some advice?

Thanks in advance!

U need to sell higher mutables and use that fg to buy better weapons, armor, 1 lvl 55 wellable can get u 100fg which would get u least a decent 50 club.but if ur not willing to spend lil fg, it's gonna be rough, and forget about group climbs making it faster, I would recommend, spending 100fg a climb on better gear, which u should be able to make up easily, selling GP for fg and selling wellables and muteables, also, try to stick to 1 weapon class or least same stat needed, ie clubs swords axes, or axes daggers,spears,staffs
Aug 3 2022 12:55am
Quote (sajan10 @ Aug 3 2022 03:59am)
U need to sell higher mutables and use that fg to buy better weapons, armor, 1 lvl 55 wellable can get u 100fg which would get u least a decent 50 club.but if ur not willing to spend lil fg, it's gonna be rough, and forget about group climbs making it faster, I would recommend, spending 100fg a climb on better gear, which u should be able to make up easily, selling GP for fg and selling wellables and muteables, also, try to stick to 1 weapon class or least same stat needed, ie clubs swords axes, or axes daggers,spears,staffs

Thanks for input! From what Ive read, clubs receives an increase in dmg for every point of strength received whereas swords and axes dont. Does that mean that clubs are superior if you were to choose one class?

I need to research some more into what is worth selling. At the moment I dont sell much (high tiers are used for shrine, low tiers for glyphing). Ive thrown some bases into the well but havent gotten anything cool yet

Is well the best source of ee gear?
Gold: 8,604.28
Aug 3 2022 02:07am
Quote (Cenderze @ 3 Aug 2022 18:55)
Thanks for input! From what Ive read, clubs receives an increase in dmg for every point of strength received whereas swords and axes dont. Does that mean that clubs are superior if you were to choose one class?

I need to research some more into what is worth selling. At the moment I dont sell much (high tiers are used for shrine, low tiers for glyphing). Ive thrown some bases into the well but havent gotten anything cool yet

Is well the best source of ee gear?

No... Every Weapon of that Tier has the Same Avg damage if you have the same stat for their ratio... club / sword & Axe for str and their counter heavy weapon parts that automatically deal double damage. Difference is weapon speed, normal = 1 sec delay vs Heavy = 1.8 sec delay. You may want to use heavy counterpart.

With such low EE armor... what Abilities are you relying on? ... Powerstrike that charges up with your attack, or Retribution that charges up with damage taken (you seem to be getting hit a bit, and Retribution deals the same damage, but versus more than 1 monster per wave, you have a faster chance to gain % chance for that ability).

Test out Retribution with your armor at higher levels... you may get a shock, also, go for Barb if going for Retribution because that is for a Barb (it seems since you are using a club, you are a Barb and not a Fighter, but I could be wrong).

Power Strike + Retribution only two abilities... minimum of 72% Retribution (if barb) and 40% Power Strike.

Add to the 40% ability... you may want that increased.

And yes to your original post... you can re-roll as long as you have kept your lower level gear... sometimes it is faster to restart to like level 40 or 45 than it is to go from level 50 to 71.

If you are a new player that has not done a Master Quest... you want to increase your monster spawn, then use this command: /set easy 1

That will give you 1-3 monster spawn ratio compared to not completing a Master Quest and is automatically only set 1-2 Normal monsters and 1 Evil Presence spawn... it helps to have more monsters spawn, especially Evil Presence for more chances of drops for better items.

Have fun with the game.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Aug 3 2022 02:09am
Aug 3 2022 02:34am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Aug 3 2022 10:07am)
No... Every Weapon of that Tier has the Same Avg damage if you have the same stat for their ratio... club / sword & Axe for str and their counter heavy weapon parts that automatically deal double damage. Difference is weapon speed, normal = 1 sec delay vs Heavy = 1.8 sec delay. You may want to use heavy counterpart.

With such low EE armor... what Abilities are you relying on? ... Powerstrike that charges up with your attack, or Retribution that charges up with damage taken (you seem to be getting hit a bit, and Retribution deals the same damage, but versus more than 1 monster per wave, you have a faster chance to gain % chance for that ability).

Test out Retribution with your armor at higher levels... you may get a shock, also, go for Barb if going for Retribution because that is for a Barb (it seems since you are using a club, you are a Barb and not a Fighter, but I could be wrong).

Power Strike + Retribution only two abilities... minimum of 72% Retribution (if barb) and 40% Power Strike.

Add to the 40% ability... you may want that increased.

And yes to your original post... you can re-roll as long as you have kept your lower level gear... sometimes it is faster to restart to like level 40 or 45 than it is to go from level 50 to 71.

If you are a new player that has not done a Master Quest... you want to increase your monster spawn, then use this command: /set easy 1

That will give you 1-3 monster spawn ratio compared to not completing a Master Quest and is automatically only set 1-2 Normal monsters and 1 Evil Presence spawn... it helps to have more monsters spawn, especially Evil Presence for more chances of drops for better items.

Have fun with the game.

Earlier today I got two levels by shrining 5 items or so (which is decent?). I didnt know that being teleported in the catacombs meant harder enemies. Yesterday I was grinding the same cata for some hours and was teleported several times!

Ive used an axe earlier, which I like. I liked that the min dmg isnt so low compared to its max dmg, which clubs have. I went for a club because it was the cheapest with decent EE at the auction house.

Im using the guide I linked, but I messed up. I have 3 ability points in Bottom Up instead of in Powerstrike. I only have 8 % in Retribution which is why I mostly use Powerstrike.

Im new and havent attempted a mq yet. This is my highest lvl ever at 53. That command looks cool! Do you think its better to reroll from 1 (Ive saved low lvl gear) and go for that command or grind the last 2 lvls and try to get a 50 fg axe or something and continue on? Perhaps its better to just reroll given I messed up.my ability points... also I didnt know you could wander around the catas until at lvl 45 or so so I just pressed the next encounter button until then lol

Given the low ee on armor, would it perhaps be wise to try to get a bunch of str on it and try to dps through instead? Should I try to get a specific base as an armor? Magic damage hurts quite much
Aug 3 2022 03:44am
Quote (Cenderze @ 3 Aug 2022 20:34)
Earlier today I got two levels by shrining 5 items or so (which is decent?). I didnt know that being teleported in the catacombs meant harder enemies. Yesterday I was grinding the same cata for some hours and was teleported several times!

Ive used an axe earlier, which I like. I liked that the min dmg isnt so low compared to its max dmg, which clubs have. I went for a club because it was the cheapest with decent EE at the auction house.

Im using the guide I linked, but I messed up. I have 3 ability points in Bottom Up instead of in Powerstrike. I only have 8 % in Retribution which is why I mostly use Powerstrike.

Im new and havent attempted a mq yet. This is my highest lvl ever at 53. That command looks cool! Do you think its better to reroll from 1 (Ive saved low lvl gear) and go for that command or grind the last 2 lvls and try to get a 50 fg axe or something and continue on? Perhaps its better to just reroll given I messed up.my ability points... also I didnt know you could wander around the catas until at lvl 45 or so so I just pressed the next encounter button until then lol

Given the low ee on armor, would it perhaps be wise to try to get a bunch of str on it and try to dps through instead? Should I try to get a specific base as an armor? Magic damage hurts quite much

Hmm, Axes / Daggers and Ice charms have a CONSISTENT AVERAGE damage... so it feels good, a Club and others have Low end and High end damage that is either lower or higher than an Axe / Dagger consistent damage... BUT, BUT, every type of weapon HAS THE SAME average DAMAGE FOR THEIR tier level. You don't believe me, then just research it:

Weapon Damage based on Tier BASE: https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?g=3

Doesn't take long for you to do the research and find out that what I stated was correct.. now, you may have as much Enhanced Effect exactly the same for each weapon type... BUT, the average is still the same... so... you need to look at the Damage Calculator that identifies that each weapon type has a different MINIMUM / MAXIMUM damage output.. even with the same stat ratio.

You love consistent damage, others love consistent damage, I like consistent damage, however, some character classes can NOT use certain items... Guardian (I love this character over all feeders and 90% of unlocked character starting stat attributes, and then there is the Headhunter...) Basically, YOU, YES YOU, need to find out what you like to YOUR game play. and the simple sheep term is EE weapon / EE armor / EE main charm etc... there are other avenues without spending like 8k fg on items... which is the minimum know matter the core... you just purchase cheap decent Master Quest items and buy cheap lower gear.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 3 2022 05:44am
Long story short

Instead of rerolling ur char, just make another and start from there, and maybe later on u can grind the other 1 lil by lol
Aug 3 2022 04:50pm
Quote (sajan10 @ 3 Aug 2022 23:44)
Long story short

Instead of rerolling ur char, just make another and start from there, and maybe later on u can grind the other 1 lil by lol

This is a good statement. Now, if they wanted to gain PROF, that would be dividing it to a new character.

Prof gain for weapons is slow in comparison to like casting or healing. For myself in the old days, I re-rolled even when I reached level 25 because my gear was crap, it is easier nowadays to find gear, so you can get to like 50... but then, I have also played Bufcore... and that is a good challenge even after playing this game for 10+ years and the knowledge of the mechanics.

Maybe a good thing the OP looks at the Bufcore thread: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=81077347&f=272 and just see what others are wanting to do or have done in the past.
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll