d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Returning To D2 After 1 Day Is Not Easy...
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,011.75
Aug 2 2022 12:07pm
Well well.. So my SSD completely broke. Nothing to do or recover.
Had to reinstall windows, and diablo 2.

So I have those 26 digits new cd key, and now blizzard does not give the diablo 2 installer.

Had to find iso.

My CD keys would not fit in so I had to use random cd keys from internet, and later on I will swap them with a cd key app to my legit one.

Sadly, I wanted to update because I was on version 1.12b, so I clicked battle.net

Now I think this gave me a temp ban cannot have no indication of what is happening.

I managed to switch to MY valid cd keys, but I am stuck on checking version even tho I have legit 1.14d,
I switched realm to asia, and it did download to 1.14d successfully.
Sadly stuck on checking version.
No bots no mods no hacks. legit cd key.

I work in computer science, and this is non sence!!!
The links by blizzard are dead, the update link is dead, they are doing all they can do kill the game.
They dont have anymore working links to download update 1.14d OR even diablo.
Even tho they still sell the CD KEY.

That beeing said.. We are approaching the end.
Need to get rid of my items asap, while some still have a working game, if I can ever log back in.
And switch to D2R. :(
really a sad day today...

This post was edited by Crocus_Sanchez on Aug 2 2022 12:08pm
Gold: 361,606.19
Aug 2 2022 12:52pm
well, that just stinks...
Gold: 0.00
Aug 2 2022 01:55pm
Quote (Crocus_Sanchez @ Aug 2 2022 02:07pm)
Well well.. So my SSD completely broke. Nothing to do or recover.
Had to reinstall windows, and diablo 2.

So I have those 26 digits new cd key, and now blizzard does not give the diablo 2 installer.

Had to find iso.

My CD keys would not fit in so I had to use random cd keys from internet, and later on I will swap them with a cd key app to my legit one.

Sadly, I wanted to update because I was on version 1.12b, so I clicked battle.net

Now I think this gave me a temp ban cannot have no indication of what is happening.

I managed to switch to MY valid cd keys, but I am stuck on checking version even tho I have legit 1.14d,
I switched realm to asia, and it did download to 1.14d successfully.
Sadly stuck on checking version.
No bots no mods no hacks. legit cd key.

I work in computer science, and this is non sence!!!
The links by blizzard are dead, the update link is dead, they are doing all they can do kill the game.
They dont have anymore working links to download update 1.14d OR even diablo.
Even tho they still sell the CD KEY.

That beeing said.. We are approaching the end.
Need to get rid of my items asap, while some still have a working game, if I can ever log back in.
And switch to D2R. :(
really a sad day today...

it was a good run. i had a lot of fun on diablo 2. it raised me socially through chatting while leeching baals runs, it raised me emotionally as the guys in channel Gay gave me the courage to come out when i was 16, it taught me dont trust anyone when i got swap scammed back in 1.09 with a shaftstop. it taught me to be considered good you have to be able to never switch to an hdin in pub games.

i love d2 and will never forget the joy and anger it brought me. <3 it to death and i miss my fellow players who no longer partake in jsp or d2. Jeet Arty Kwi... miss them terribly. i still have some great friends i talk to every day from this game. ive known TehAmonAmarth@jsp since 2003 or 2004.

<3 <3
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 2 2022 02:03pm
Tried to run as administrator?

And just to double check: There is no longer an option to download d2 from battle.net website, even if you have legit keys?
Gold: 0.00
Aug 2 2022 02:06pm
Quote (Taurean @ Aug 2 2022 01:03pm)

And just to double check: There is no longer an option to download d2 from battle.net website, even if you have legit keys?

This.

This was a common error in the last ladder of LOD before d2r came out. Try to run as administrator and should do the trick
Gold: 1.00
Aug 2 2022 05:30pm
you try the old log into Asia Realm and update?
Aug 2 2022 07:07pm
Quote (Taurean @ Aug 2 2022 04:03pm)

Nope, cannot download from any official source.

In a lost thread from users like me that asked battle.net support, they do give the link to the installer and the lod installer.

And no, the admin trick didnt do the trick. I think its a temp ban maybe because I started with a Diablo 2 from torrent that came with a cd key preinstalled and I did the mistake to click online, I forgot I was supposed to modify my cd key before going online!!!
Thought I would have had a cd key error and then swap them.
In the first place this happened because the ISO or original CD will ask you for 16 digits and they are no more existing or working, thats not the same kind that blizzard sells now, now it is a 26 digit cd key.

Finally, the installer from blizzard accepts the new format (26digit)

Quote (VanLycan @ Aug 2 2022 07:30pm)
you try the old log into Asia Realm and update?

Yes, once I installed from their installer , I had 1.12b, If I clicked uswest or useast, it gave error message, blizzard support said to try asia realm, and it did work to provide patch.

That is because the file that blizzard doesnt give anymore ( 1.14d update ) that I found elsewere, did not work at all even If I put it directly in directory.

And note that im a computer technician, someone with no skills or knowledge about the game gave up already.. sad.

And Im left temp banned or something. I understand its time to get rid of stuff it is close to impossible to come back from a new computer.

This post was edited by Crocus_Sanchez on Aug 2 2022 07:07pm
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 2 2022 07:28pm
Tried writing to blizzard on the battle.net forums? Make a "ticket" as it is stupidly called...? They can check what's wrong and maybe help you .. has worked for others in the past..

This post was edited by Taurean on Aug 2 2022 07:29pm
Aug 3 2022 11:26am
well, must be the cd key thing, this should be pinned somewhere.. Everybody has the 26digi cd key, you absolutely need to install from their installer.
If you do the mistake to download diablo a preinstalled and forget to switch cd you find yourself where I am.

''First of all, you don't have to worry about the age of the original Diablo II. We still support it for the fans that prefer the original over the Resurrected version.

I've looked into the issues you're having and can see, that both CD Keys are okay, but your IP is temporarily suspended.

We sadly can't see the exact reason, but you can see all potential reasons here:
https://support.blizzard.com/article/000264916

While we can't see the reason, I can see that the suspension expires on the 16th August, by end of day the latest.

I hope this information is helpful to you and I wish you a great day.''

Gold: 2,262.00
Aug 3 2022 12:37pm
Activate your cdkey here if you didn't:
https://account.battle.net/overview

Download the game here ("CLASSIC GAMES" at the end)
https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/download/

Here to stop being retarded:
https://gprivate.com/608ou

This post was edited by Germain on Aug 3 2022 12:42pm
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll